The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

I like how on one hand, when reports say Burke might offer sheet Schneider, but then people are all "Who would want to go to Toronto? He'd never sign." Acting like Schneider is too good for that, and defending him.. then on the other hand, people are like "WHY DOES LUONGO NOT GO TO TORONTO, frack HIM, SELFISH ASSHOLE."

He was approached and signed like the face of the franchise of our team. He was given a contract as such. He SHOULD have all the power, if they respect him at all. If they want to trade him away, the whole reason players ask for NTC and stuff like that, is so they can't end up somewhere they don't want to be.

And I will say what I had said before. If Luongo is not seeming to fetch good returns because of only select teams offering, then trade Schneider. Because losing Luongo for crap is worse than losing Schneider for a valuable asset. The media has made it out to be that there's no other way or thing to do than trade Luongo though, so there's really not much good that can come out of this. The best thing is, if the Canucks don't win a cup in a few years, Schneider is likely going to be the new scapegoat.

It would be hilarious if Schneider saw the circus going on in the media with this right now, then ends up not signing here before July 1st and taking a walk somewhere else.

Two of Bjugstad, Gudbranson, Versteeg, or a first please. So

1) Luongo for Bjugstad + Gurbranson (not likely)

2) Luongo for Bjugstad + Versteeg

3) Luongo for Gudbranson + Versteeg

4) Luongo for Bjugstad +1st

5) Luongo for Gudbranson + 1st

6) Luongo for Versteeg + 1st

All options seem really appetizing.

If Luongo had said this, it really shouldn't be that difficult to come up with a quote. Otherwise it is just story-making speculation and game playing, which is what rumour-mongers live on - even the 'best' of sources are prone to speculating freely - really, there is not much credibility in the vast majority of what is said, unless it comes from the horse's mouth - and that is seldom the case, so I'm not about to get too concerned about it, and besides, I'd be happy if Luongo snubbed Toronto and Chicago and I'll live with that Gillis can work out with Florida, which regardless of whether the market is only one team, will be a few solid pieces.

I like how on one hand, when reports say Burke might offer sheet Schneider, but then people are all "Who would want to go to Toronto? He'd never sign." Acting like Schneider is too good for that, and defending him.. then on the other hand, people are like "WHY DOES LUONGO NOT GO TO TORONTO, frack HIM, SELFISH ASSHOLE."

He was approached and signed like the face of the franchise of our team. He was given a contract as such. He SHOULD have all the power, if they respect him at all. If they want to trade him away, the whole reason players ask for NTC and stuff like that, is so they can't end up somewhere they don't want to be.

And I will say what I had said before. If Luongo is not seeming to fetch good returns because of only select teams offering, then trade Schneider. Because losing Luongo for crap is worse than losing Schneider for a valuable asset. The media has made it out to be that there's no other way or thing to do than trade Luongo though, so there's really not much good that can come out of this. The best thing is, if the Canucks don't win a cup in a few years, Schneider is likely going to be the new scapegoat.

It would be hilarious if Schneider saw the circus going on in the media with this right now, then ends up not signing here before July 1st and taking a walk somewhere else.

Gudbranson+Garrison's rights

Luongo, Raymond's rights, Schroeder

If Tallon wants to play hard ball I say do it, Gudbranson and Garrison would make for.

Hamhuis Bieksa

Ballard Garrison

Edler Gudbranson/Tanev/Salo

Absolutely unstoppable D core.

No one stabbed luongo in the back. They played a good goalie to change things up for three games. Its lu that took that to mean he was no longer #1 and went to the media, Lu set all this in motion and if reports are true on his selective trade requests he is doing his best to screw the management that gave him that great contract that will stick with him and pay him big $ no matter what.

You guys are blowing this waaaaay out of proportion. He "went to the media"? He was attacked by the vile Vancouver media and he said he'd agree to a trade if it helped the team.

You... Do realize that any trade involving Luongo hampers the team? Because Luongo would be going the other way? You... Get that right?

Why is it that the fans and media kill their goalie? We're talking Luongo here; the man who single handedly stopped hearts for a few seconds when he was traded here.

And if the Canucks are modeled on the Detroit blueprint, ought we not keep such players as Luongo in the fold? Did they kick ANY player out of town? Lidstrom... How many Cups did he NOT win? How about Hasek? Did Hasek or Osgood win the Cup every year? How about Brodeur? Roy?

About Roy, how did kicking him out of town work out for Montreal? Roy went on to win Cuos with another team.

You silly, unapreciative, uneducated, disgusting f*ucking fans you all are.

Hopefully the whole f*ucking team moves out of town one day. THEN You'll really have something to bitch about.

F*ckwads.

If I'm MG and luongo will only go Florida. And unless the offer is good enough... I try to keep luongo in Vancouver and offer Schneider for a talented young forward. As much as a love C.S. it's about what's best for the team.

Two of Bjugstad, Gudbranson, Versteeg, or a first please. So

1) Luongo for Bjugstad + Gurbranson (not likely)

2) Luongo for Bjugstad + Versteeg

3) Luongo for Gudbranson + Versteeg

4) Luongo for Bjugstad +1st

5) Luongo for Gudbranson + 1st

6) Luongo for Versteeg + 1st

All options seem really appetizing.

The people making proposals are missing the point...

If he is only willing to be traded to 1 team, and the GM of that team knows it, we will not be getting anything of value back.

Talon can keep offering bad players and bad contracts until MG feels the pressure enough to make a bad move. Or we will be stuck with Lu, and be forced to move Schneider instead.

I just hope something is worked out before someone offers Schneider a huge offer-sheet that screws up our cap situation if we match. Then we would be in a position of weakness again since other GMs would know we need to move Schneider and the low-ball offers will continue.

The people making proposals are missing the point...

If he is only willing to be traded to 1 team, and the GM of that team knows it, we will not be getting anything of value back.

Talon can keep offering bad players and bad contracts until MG feels the pressure enough to make a bad move. Or we will be stuck with Lu, and be forced to move Schneider instead.

I just hope something is worked out before someone offers Schneider a huge offer-sheet that screws up our cap situation if we match. Then we would be in a position of weakness again since other GMs would know we need to move Schneider and the low-ball offers will continue.

This whole Loungo saga and the way the fans have treated a player that has done so much for this franchise has made me even more embarrassed to be a fan of this beautiful city's team.

It's one thing to criticize but to go out and purposely try to humiliate someone and just spew hatred makes it no surprise that our city is known for stupid riots and ignorant fans.

MG and AV are as afraid of the meltdowns as Luongo is

Cory is a Meltdown medicine and vaccination, he is also immune to meltdowns

If it wasn't for multiple meltdowns of the past, we would have 3 cups and this thread wouldn't be here.

Dave Tallon knows this

Archived