The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

I'm starting to think that SamJam got a lucky break with 2 trades and riding the wave for as long as he can, I think he's just ???? with us, if Gillis said today that he's going to take his time on the Luongo trade then I doubt he trades him the same day he says this.

More Gillis on Luongo - "However long it'll take for us to do the right thing, that's how long it'll take." So not really saying anything ..

More Gillis on Luongo - "However long it'll take for us to do the right thing, that's how long it'll take." So not really saying anything ..

— Hosea Cheung (@hoseacheung)

I'm starting to think that SamJam got a lucky break with 2 trades and riding the wave for as long as he can, I think he's just ???? with us, if Gillis said today that he's going to take his time on the Luongo trade then I doubt he trades him the same day he says this.

@botchford

Is a Luongo deal close? GMMG: "I have no idea. It may feel like you're close to doing something and it falls apart." cont.

"It may feel like nothing will happen and suddenly you'll get a phone call and it changes in 10 seconds." cont.

"We're going to take our time. Whatever timeframe that is, most likely it won't be dictated by me."

Does anyone think it would be a good idea/possible to keep both goalies up until the dealine, splitting starts in a sense, I feel that teams will be a lot more desperate come the trading deadline and would be willing to give up more. I guess the downfall of it is Lu will probably be pretty disgruntled and you have 9.3 mil going towards the goalies. Still though could make for quite the upgrade come the deadline especially when there would be a better understanding of what holes (if any) are still needed to be filled for a cup run, thoughts?

@botchford

Is a Luongo deal close? GMMG: "I have no idea. It may feel like you're close to doing something and it falls apart." cont.

"It may feel like nothing will happen and suddenly you'll get a phone call and it changes in 10 seconds." cont.

"We're going to take our time. Whatever timeframe that is, most likely it won't be dictated by me."

Does anyone think it would be a good idea/possible to keep both goalies up until the dealine, splitting starts in a sense, I feel that teams will be a lot more desperate come the trading deadline and would be willing to give up more. I guess the downfall of it is Lu will probably be pretty disgruntled and you have 9.3 mil going towards the goalies. Still though could make for quite the upgrade come the deadline especially when there would be a better understanding of what holes (if any) are still needed to be filled for a cup run, thoughts?

Archived