Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4386 replies to this topic

#3271 GMantooth

GMantooth

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:29 PM

and if Luongo has a bad season? i mean the flames suck and they have kipper

of course anything is possible, if luongo has too many mojitos in the sun he could turn into cloutier.

"I think it's time to move on." RL1 @GrizzlyMantooth"It was what it was." TB44

#3272 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:39 PM

Hearing a deal with #FlaPanthers was all but done a few days back, but was nixed by an involved player with a NTC.

#Leafs leading the charge currently with a recent counter offer. Burke WILL NOT involve Joffrey Lupul.

and the sage continues... sigh sigh sigh

#3273 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

and if Luongo has a bad season? i mean the flames suck and they have kipper

You think Luongo is going to have a bad season? After he was shown the door by the organization that promised him a career in their city because they think they have a younger better goaltender?

Luongo is going to start the season with a vengeance next year and Florida will repeat as SW division champs. I can honestly see Luongo just gritting his teeth at a chance to prove everyone wrong.

Then again, if that was the case, why wouldn't he want to compete with Schneider for the #1 job here ... I think mentally Luongo has already lost the starting job to Schneider as he has already given up - which sucks because I think Luongo does have the capability to compete with Schneider - he just doesn't have the mind to rise up to the challenge.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#3274 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,902 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

whispers going around is tanev, schroeder, luongo are the package heading to FLA. for a young prospect, theodore, 1st rd pick. DT wants tanev after losing garrison. And people say theodore has nixed the deal.Take this with a grain of salt.

If the 'young prospect' is any of these names Gudbranson, Huberdeau, Kulikov, I say take that and run and never call back.

Im hoping its Gudbranson, he and Kassian would be bruise bros ala Kocur and Probert :D hopefully with alot more skill though lol

#3275 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:46 PM

If the 'young prospect' is any of these names Gudbranson, Huberdeau, Kulikov, I say take that and run and never call back.

Im hoping its Gudbranson, he and Kassian would be bruise bros ala Kocur and Probert :D hopefully with alot more skill though lol

won't be a defensmen as Tallon wants Tanev to take Garissons spot why would he give up a D man that could already do that my bet is either Howden or Huberdeau Hoping Huberdeau but most likely Howden

#3276 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

Gudbranson or Bjugstad would be amazing.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#3277 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,902 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:49 PM

You think Luongo is going to have a bad season? After he was shown the door by the organization that promised him a career in their city because they think they have a younger better goaltender?

Luongo is going to start the season with a vengeance next year and Florida will repeat as SW division champs. I can honestly see Luongo just gritting his teeth at a chance to prove everyone wrong.

Then again, if that was the case, why wouldn't he want to compete with Schneider for the #1 job here ... I think mentally Luongo has already lost the starting job to Schneider as he has already given up - which sucks because I think Luongo does have the capability to compete with Schneider - he just doesn't have the mind to rise up to the challenge.

He's going back to sunny Florida, no media or fan pressure, home distractions and a great retirement contract... I can actually see him taking a step back.

#3278 GMantooth

GMantooth

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:49 PM

Unless Tallon is still trying to fleece us, I don't see how the leafs could possibly be offering something superior to florida. I live in Toronto and believe me when I say the only player that actually plays every night is grabo and he's got quite the cap hit. Other than that it's quite the crapshoot.

#3279 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:50 PM

Unless Tallon is still trying to fleece us, I don't see how the leafs could possibly be offering something superior to florida. I live in Toronto and believe me when I say the only player that actually plays every night is grabo and he's got quite the cap hit. Other than that it's quite the crapshoot.

Reported toronto's last offer is Kulemen,Komisarik 1st round pick

#3280 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,902 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:51 PM

won't be a defensmen as Tallon wants Tanev to take Garissons spot why would he give up a D man that could already do that my bet is either Howden or Huberdeau Hoping Huberdeau but most likely Howden

I dont think it'll be Howden... he's the pick Florida got from the Ballard trade lol. That would make the Ballard trade even worse haha

#3281 GMantooth

GMantooth

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:51 PM

Reported toronto's last offer is Kulemen,Komisarik 1st round pick

if that happens I will puke in my mouth...I already have some acid building up from the mere thought of it. :sick:

#3282 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

I dont think it'll be Howden... he's the pick Florida got from the Ballard trade lol. That would make the Ballard trade even worse haha

then bring on Huberdeau! :P lol i hope so bad

#3283 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

if that happens I will puke in my mouth...I already have some acid building up from the mere thought of it. :sick:

thats what i was thinking....lol brian burke said its his final offer

#3284 GMantooth

GMantooth

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:55 PM

Harvey Fialkov@hfialkov

Panthers Bjugstad rejects initial contract offer to turn pro according to source;

Florida Panthers@FlaPanthers
Bjugstad on making decision of whether he'll return to U of M: Probably won't be too long. Probably next week. Need to sit down with family

Of all the top 3 prospects, you would think Bjugstad, given that he may return to college, is the most probable target to be traded.

#3285 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,902 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:55 PM

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Booth
Higgins - Huberdeau - Hansen

OR

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Garrison - Edler
Gudbranson -

:bigblush:

#3286 Thunder Bunnies

Thunder Bunnies

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:57 PM

The Toronto's "last offer" is just funny to hear about, no way Gillis would pull that deal. Florida is the team to deal with as Burke wouldn't part with any of his intriguing parts. I sure hope it'd be Huberdeau coming back the other way if we're going to give up Tanev. Gudbranson could still be a possibility, they may not want Tanev to replace Garrison but want Tanev since they're giving up Gudbranson, just my thought.

If we trade Luongo for prospects and not a top-six, I sure hope we can land Shane Doan ..he's exactly what we need.

#3287 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:00 PM

The Toronto's "last offer" is just funny to hear about, no way Gillis would pull that deal. Florida is the team to deal with as Burke wouldn't part with any of his intriguing parts. I sure hope it'd be Huberdeau coming back the other way if we're going to give up Tanev. Gudbranson could still be a possibility, they may not want Tanev to replace Garrison but want Tanev since they're giving up Gudbranson, just my thought.

If we trade Luongo for prospects and not a top-six, I sure hope we can land Shane Doan ..he's exactly what we need.

am i crazy to rather have Huberdeau than Gudbranson? i say just keep Ballard and bing up Sauve :P 2 sea dogs.. maybe trad for Phillips :)

#3288 GMantooth

GMantooth

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:02 PM

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Booth
Higgins - Huberdeau - Hansen

OR

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Garrison - Edler
Gudbranson -

:bigblush:

haha indeed it would be great. However, I think getting shore and petrovic (shoots right!) are where the neg. will settle down around.

#3289 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

man if it was

Huberdeau, Theodoer,1st round pick for Luongo,Schroeder, Tanev i think it would be very fair and plus 2 first picks its been awhile for us to have 2 firsts :P granted they might be 25th and 30th but still! :P

Luongo=Huberdeau
Schroeder ? 1st round pick we will have to wait and see
Tanev> Theodoer

#3290 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:09 PM

Harvey Fialkov@hfialkov
Panthers Bjugstad rejects initial contract offer to turn pro according to source;

Florida Panthers@FlaPanthers
Bjugstad on making decision of whether he'll return to U of M: Probably won't be too long. Probably next week. Need to sit down with family

Of all the top 3 prospects, you would think Bjugstad, given that he may return to college, is the most probable target to be traded.

Why ? Bjugstad is the one guy that can walk away from you after the trade via free agency because he took the college route ... Huberdeau is not NHL ready ... Gudbranson remains the #1 target.

am i crazy to rather have Huberdeau than Gudbranson? i say just keep Ballard and bing up Sauve :P 2 sea dogs.. maybe trad for Phillips :)

Yes, you are crazy. We're trying to win right now, and only Gudbranson can help right now. Huberdeau is not NHL ready, and will not be a better player than Gudbranson (as in have a bigger impact for his team).

#3291 GMantooth

GMantooth

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:12 PM

Why ? Bjugstad is the one guy that can walk away from you after the trade via free agency because he took the college route ... Huberdeau is not NHL ready ... Gudbranson remains the #1 target.

I was referring to FLA willingness to deal the player away, not VANs top choice.

#3292 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

Yes, you are crazy. We're trying to win right now, and only Gudbranson can help right now. Huberdeau is not NHL ready, and will not be a better player than Gudbranson (as in have a bigger impact for his team).

lol you're kidding right? Huberdeau has led his team to a champianship... he is NHL ready and Tallon has said that he believes he will be in the NHL this year.... Gudbranson will never happen he is their future plus we need a center since we lost Hodgson.. we already got Garisson we are pretty well of on D

#3293 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

lol you're kidding right? Huberdeau has led his team to a champianship... he is NHL ready and Tallon has said that he believes he will be in the NHL this year.... Gudbranson will never happen he is their future plus we need a center since we lost Hodgson.. we already got Garisson we are pretty well of on D

Huberdeau was great in his draft year on a stacked team, but this year he was not that great in the Memorial Cup tournament. His stats were inflated due to the empty net goals he scored. He cost his team with timely penalties. He is NHL ready for Florida where their top 6 centers are ... who and who ? He's not NHL ready for Vancouver.

Gudbranson will never happen because he's their future you say? So Huberdeau will be available as a second thought? I guess that means Gudbranson > Huberdeau to even Florida eh?

What's your point? Because that 2nd last sentence really contradicts your saying that you'd prefer Huberdeau over Gudbranson ...

Edited by Dasein, 07 July 2012 - 07:18 PM.

#3294 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:21 PM

Huberdeau was great in his draft year on a stacked team, but this year he was not that great in the Memorial Cup tournament. His stats were inflated due to the empty net goals he scored. He cost his team with timely penalties. He is NHL ready for Florida where their top 6 centers are ... who and who ? He's not NHL ready for Vancouver.

Gudbranson will never happen because he's their future you say? So Huberdeau will be available as a second thought? I guess that means Gudbranson > Huberdeau to even Florida eh?

What's your point? Because that 2nd last sentence really contradicts your saying that you'd prefer Huberdeau over Gudbranson ...

I prefere Huberdeau to Gudbranson because we don't need Gudbranson we need a play making Centermen to play with both Kesler and Booth Booth Huberdeau Kesler..... Sexy line i must say

we have

Hamuis Bieksa
Edler Garisson
Ballard Sauve

you really think that Gudbranson will want to play on the bottom with ballard? no Sauve would work just fine with Ballard

Edited by BertuzziFan2010, 07 July 2012 - 07:22 PM.

#3295 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,873 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:22 PM

I actually think Bjugstad could be ready to step into some kind of role with the Canucks...........I could see a 4th line made from young guys, with Bjugstad down the middle, much like Philly's. Granted I haven't seen him play outside the WJHC, but I've done a fair amount of reading on him over the last couple of weeks, and I think he's probably NHL ready, and he has the well rounded overall game to play in the bottom 6, as well as the top 6..........he's got a pretty complete game.

Perhaps his decision (or indecision) is what is holding up the deal? MG needs someone who can ste into the lineup, maybe they're waiting for him to decide if he wants to leave college or not.......maybe he would for Vancouver and a shot at the Cup.

Luongo
2nd

Bjugstad
Versteeg

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kes Doan (maybe Versteeg)
Higgins Lappy Hansen
Volpatti Bjugstad Kassian

Hamhuis Bieksa
Edler Garrison
Ballard Tanev

#3296 GMantooth

GMantooth

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:23 PM

I don't think it really matters. Gillis would happily take any of those top3 prospects and rightly so. Just because VAN are in win now mode doesn't mean Gillis isn't thinking about the future of this organisation. Look at Detroit, prospects and player development are important for any type of team whether or not they are in win now mode.

Edited by GMantooth, 07 July 2012 - 07:24 PM.

#3297 Pasific Coluseum

Pasific Coluseum

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

+

I always thought Theodore would be in the mix mainly because of the cap, as salary dump

Since when is a 1yr 1.5million contract considered a cap dump????? Do you even know what a salary dump is? Bad contracts with lengthy years and high money and underachieving player = salary dump i.e Mike Komasarek

Jose Theodore has a great salary as far as length, term and money goes. Plus he took the Panthers to the playoffs last season with solid play.

#3298 KSniper88

KSniper88

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:20 PM

whispers going around is tanev, schroeder, luongo are the package heading to FLA. for a young prospect, theodore, 1st rd pick. DT wants tanev after losing garrison. And people say theodore has nixed the deal.Take this with a grain of salt.

Where is your source?

#3299 bleednucksblue

bleednucksblue

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,560 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:21 PM

If Tanev is going the other way the Canucks need to get a defenseman back because right now he's slotted as the 6th on the bottom pairing with Bally. We'd be losing a RH shot also.

Very risky move by MG if a defenseman does not come back unless...dare I say...

Shea Weber.
You will always be on our mind and in our heart. RIP Luc!

John Garrett after a brutal pass by Olli Jokinen:

"Jokinen makes a pass 8 feet behind anybody, to no-one. That's Calgary's first line, unfortunately for them."

#3300 Hank Moody

Hank Moody

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,520 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:25 PM

45]
Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr
The #Canucks are doing so in hopes that the 3 teams will up their bids. As of right now, I am hearing Burke is the most aggressive (cont)

Expand

45]
2mPosted ImageHockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr
(cont) Luongo is in Vegas playing poker so he should be asked to waive his NTC AFTER his tournament. @strombone1 #Canucks

Expand

45]
3mPosted ImageHockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr
The #Canucks are over waiting this thing despite the 3 teams putting pressure on a resolution. They are extending the process by saying(cont

45]

45]
1mPosted ImageHockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr
(cont) And the #Leafs are the team putting most pressure on#Canucks to have a resolution in the Luongo file sooner rather than later.

Posted Image
Formerly Hockeyfans101/Lapierre's Gawk

Thank you for the badass sig, Insom-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.