The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

Hah. Pretty much.

There's no way that could be a serious offer. Gillis would likely hang up the phone immediately.

We're not taking a bunch of their spare parts for a top goaltender. Makes you wonder what the piece that they're not willing to offer is though. From previous reports, it was rumored to be Gudbranson or Huberdeau.

eventually someone will offer something of reasonable worth coming back. according to capgeek's ufa goalies for tomorrow the list of starters starts and ends with brodeur (who is most likely just trying to get a longer contract). all the other options are career backups. tomorrow should prove interesting...

http://www.capgeek.com/ufa_finder.php?position_id=G&stats_type=ICE_TIME

It makes sense that Upshall and Theodore would be included in the deal. Upshall is a cap dump, 3.5 mil for 30 points, Theodore is that veteran back up we need behind Schneider. These would be pieces of the puzzle, but not the whole deal. A top prospect or decent roster player would HAVE to come back our way.

I would too. But that was just the rumored asking price.

Gillis has to stick to his guns on this one. They're not gonna dump a bunch of bad contracts that they don't want on us like they did with Reinprecht.

I would take 1 elite prospect over any amount of average players they'd be willing to offer us.

I do think Tallon will surrender one of his big three eventually.........Florida is ranked #1 (granted by hockey futures) in prospect depth, especially down the middle.........they can afford to let one of them go, and Bjugstad is the one they've put the least into thus far, and he's the one that would best fit what the Canucks are looking for.

above post..........I'd rather see MG move Lu for a draft pick than include Upshall in any kind of deal

Not happening. Whatever team that Luongo is traded for will be sending a salary dump the other way to offset the Luo's cap hit.

Your not going to get a GM to give you a high draft pick for Luongo straight up. Not even Millbury would be that stupid

Not happening. Whatever team that Luongo is traded for will be sending a salary dump the other way to offset the Luo's cap hit.

Your not going to get a GM to give you a high draft pick for Luongo straight up. Not even Millbury would be that stupid

Archived