Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4386 replies to this topic

#3601 dildo_baggins

dildo_baggins

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:58 AM

Do you know what that would come in at cap wise?

schnieder 4m
Lack 1m
Goalies: 6m

4 + 1 = 6
Did I miss something ??
The Covino & Rich Show - Mon-Fri 9am-Noon Sirius 104 XM 139

#3602 cripplereh

cripplereh

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:06 PM

Do you know what that would come in at cap wise?

sedin 6.1 sedin 6.1 burrows 2 = 14.2m
booth 4.25 kesler 5 doan 5 = 14.25m
higgins 1.9m matthias .86m hansen 1.35m = 4.11m
volpatti .9m lapierre 1m kassian .87m = 2.77m
forwards: 35.33m

edler 3.25m weber 7.5m to 8m
hamhuis 4.5m bieksa 4.6m
garrison 4.6m ellerby .7m
Dmen: 25.15

schnieder 4m
Lack 1m
Goalies: 6m

Total: 66.48, which yes, fits into the one year scenario, and you can add a 7th D and 13th forward easily enough: now consider in your infinite wisdom, once these commitments are made, how do you resign Matthias, Burrows, Higgins, Lapierre and Edler NEXT summer when they are mostly the lowest paid players on the team and a big part of the team? You would 'compete for' not 'win' a cup this year and have to blow up 1/3 of your squad in the offseason due to lack of money. That is assuming Weber/Ellerby/Mattias would even come here in the first place, but I will humour you and say all the parts agree to make this lineup possible...

thats why you start now and sign them,get the easy ones out of the way,Burrows took less why wouldnt he again??Higgins after season trade rights Lappy would resign not many teams would be interested after his play in montreal.Matthias would love it here and edler we know he does so Weber would be the big one to work on.If we cant get any then after season trade there rights and make sure you get something good.The team would not only compete but should win the cup with that line up!If not they will see how good the team is and most players sign cause they are ahppy where they are.only greedy players leave for more money and thats only about 1/3 of players out there.So say out of 5 2 want more moeny we'd still be stacked next year and can always get a free agent of use a drafted player next year,the core would still be in place to humour you so it is possible and we all want a cup MG should try his best to get something like this done while we still have a good team age wise.
Posted Image

#3603 Conscience

Conscience

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

Why do people keep putting Weber on their Canuck depth chart. He wont be coming the Vancouver, and if Suter get 7.5 Weber would be getting 8-10 easily.

Crosby has a hit of 8.7, no way Weber gets 1.3 million more than Crosby. And if he Weber wants to play on this team he takes a discount.
Dwight Schrute: Where is my desk?
Jim Halpert: That is weird.
Dwight Schrute: This is not funny. This is totally unprofessional.
Jim Halpert: Okay, well you're the one who lost the desk.
Dwight Schrute: I did not lose my desk!
Jim Halpert: Okay, calm down. Where was the last place you saw it?
Dwight Schrute: Okay, who moved my desk!
Jim Halpert: I think you should retrace your steps.

#3604 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,597 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:10 PM

4 + 1 = 6
Did I miss something ??

We've always been at war with Eastasia.

Edited by Vansicle, 10 July 2012 - 12:11 PM.

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#3605 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,166 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:15 PM

Lp

naslundsig5.gif14326903821.giftowel.gif
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#3606 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,155 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:48 PM

thats why you start now and sign them,get the easy ones out of the way,Burrows took less why wouldnt he again??Higgins after season trade rights Lappy would resign not many teams would be interested after his play in montreal.Matthias would love it here and edler we know he does so Weber would be the big one to work on.If we cant get any then after season trade there rights and make sure you get something good.The team would not only compete but should win the cup with that line up!If not they will see how good the team is and most players sign cause they are ahppy where they are.only greedy players leave for more money and thats only about 1/3 of players out there.So say out of 5 2 want more moeny we'd still be stacked next year and can always get a free agent of use a drafted player next year,the core would still be in place to humour you so it is possible and we all want a cup MG should try his best to get something like this done while we still have a good team age wise.

I don't think Burrows should take another discount for the team. The guy deserves more and sacrificing the current years on his contract of getting considerably less should be enough.

x1vXIze.png
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

small.pngCDCEHL

#3607 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:59 PM

I don't think Burrows should take another discount for the team. The guy deserves more and sacrificing the current years on his contract of getting considerably less should be enough.

Time for mayray to take a cut.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#3608 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,949 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:01 PM

he's RFA, it doesn't work that way

#3609 JustJokinen!

JustJokinen!

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:04 PM

Time for mayray to take a be cut.

Fixed.

#3610 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,581 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

Time for mayray to be cut.

Fixed.

Great minds.....

Edited by Number14, 10 July 2012 - 01:08 PM.

KcJJSvD.jpg

Put Gino in the ROH

#3611 B_a_M

B_a_M

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

Crosby has a hit of 8.7, no way Weber gets 1.3 million more than Crosby. And if he Weber wants to play on this team he takes a discount.

Crosby aslo could be easily making the league max if he went to the open market, he took a discount price for the Pens. If Weber does go to the open market expect a big time contract of what I said of 8-10 mil easily. You dont think that Weber's agent isn't rubbing his hands after what Suter got. The only reason Weber may not get the 8-10mil is if the CBA is fixed.

#3612 suolucidir

suolucidir

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:11 PM

Crosby aslo could be easily making the league max if he went to the open market, he took a discount price for the Pens. If Weber does go to the open market expect a big time contract of what I said of 8-10 mil easily. You dont think that Weber's agent isn't rubbing his hands after what Suter got. The only reason Weber may not get the 8-10mil is if the CBA is fixed.

CBA wouldn't lower the ceiling, but it may impact term. Weber could still easily earn max, but I doubt he seeks it. 8, 8.5 is the most I expect.
PSN: CloakOfSkill

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

It bugs me when people pull out the gold medal for an example... Luongo only had to outplay Brodeur.

#3613 austy

austy

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:55 PM

Post of the year ha ha

please be gentle with my posts...I am Australian, hockey isnt my first language.

#3614 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:56 PM

Come on, something, anything...
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#3615 Niklas Jensen

Niklas Jensen

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

Remember guys, he is in Vegas. As the saying goes, "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas". Patience, I am sure when he gets out of Vegas, we hear a bit more.
Our D's must make opponent fowards going to the net PAY THE PRICE

#3616 VegasCanuck

VegasCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:48 PM

4 + 1 = 6
Did I miss something ??

Creative Mathematics 101

#3617 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,597 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

Post of the year ha ha

Thanks. Love your sig btw. One of the funniest moments in one of my favorite movies ever.
Cheers

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#3618 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:35 PM

MG is smart and trying I think to hard to make the right deal.If it was me I'd want matthias,ellerby and a 1st for Luo and raymond
then I'd sign doan to a 3 or 4 year deal 5 mill a season, then trade ballard,manny,sauve,schroder,jensen and a first or two 1st for Weber.

sedin sedin burrows
booth kesler doan
higgins matthias hansen
volpatti lapierre kassian

edler weber
hamhuis bieksa
garrison ellerby

schnieder
Lack

to me that is a cup winning team I sure hope MG can get us this team or one close to it!!!But first thing is trade Luo and get doan!

To me that's an X-Box team
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#3619 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:36 PM

Weber will take a home town discount just like Garrison did. Once Doan is signed he will see that Van has a REAL serious shot at the CUP. Weber will want to be a part of that. The duration might surprise some, meaning short like 3 years. Weber has never been on a team that could give him the scoring support that the Preds could never muster.

It is all unfolding as it should. Gillis is a Master.

#3620 Mike Versace ESQ

Mike Versace ESQ

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:58 PM

He did take a pay cut. $275,000 paycut from last year

Posted ImagePosted Image

FOLLOW @MikeVersace1

#shapcrew #membersonly

credit to CanucksHD for the avatar

#3621 vannuxforlife

vannuxforlife

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,332 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:08 PM

Post of the year ha ha

haha very much agreed!

#3622 VegasCanuck

VegasCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:16 PM

Remember guys, he is in Vegas. As the saying goes, "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas". Patience, I am sure when he gets out of Vegas, we hear a bit more.

Alight guys, I'm in Vegas. I'm going to go down to his hotel and demand an update. If that doesn't work, I'll at the very least get best guess from the Washroom Attendant closest to the Poker Tournament! :emot-parrot:

#3623 rkoshack

rkoshack

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:57 PM

Farhan was on the radio today and he said he knows Bolland has been dangled for Luongo. IMO Bolland would be perfect for the 3rd line centre and a decent replacement for Kes while he's out. I'd want Chicago to throw in a bit more tho if we are sending Lu to a big rival.

#3624 Samuel Påhlsson

Samuel Påhlsson

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

I'm gonna make a bold prediction and say he won't be traded til after January 1st, 2013. Assuming we don't need to clear cap space from another signing (i.e. Doan).

SYvE9NH.gif

#3625 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

Farhan was on the radio today and he said he knows Bolland has been dangled for Luongo. IMO Bolland would be perfect for the 3rd line centre and a decent replacement for Kes while he's out. I'd want Chicago to throw in a bit more tho if we are sending Lu to a big rival.

I'll admit Bolland is a cup winning 3rd line center and all, but this just won't happen. He called the Sedins "sisters". No way that rat is coming here.
Posted Image

#3626 Totes McGoats

Totes McGoats

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:09 PM

Mike Gillis is in serious need of a wake-up-call.

Luongo's value is only decreasing over time. Get a deal done Gillis, and get it done quick. We don't need drama at the start of the season.

Posted Image

Schroeder

#3627 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,154 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:10 PM

Not a chance in hell that happens. Too much bad history between him and the Canucks.

Why would we wanna make our biggest rival stronger anyways?

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#3628 YaK

YaK

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:11 PM

I'm gonna make a bold prediction and say he won't be traded til after January 1st, 2013. Assuming we don't need to clear cap space from another signing (i.e. Doan).

Bold...
But I don't see it happening because...

We don't need drama at the start of the season.

Posted Image
"It felt almost like it was a dream," Burrows said of his game-winner.
"But guys jumped on me and I couldn't breathe, so I knew it was right."

#3629 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,155 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

I'll admit Bolland is a cup winning 3rd line center and all, but this just won't happen. He called the Sedins "sisters". No way that rat is coming here.

Yeah I agree. I'm pretty sure the captain of our team wouldn't want a guy who made fun of him and his brother. He said they slept in bunk beds, too.

Regarding Burrows and his paycut:

He took 2 million for 4 years. That's sacrificing a lot of money. He could have gotten at least 3.5 or even 4 million from another team. For his hard work and dedication. The guy kills penalties also.
Missing out on another 2 million for 4 years? I don't know about you, but letting 4-8 million slide just to stick it with the Canucks and help MG build a team....Burrows is a trooper.

x1vXIze.png
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

small.pngCDCEHL

#3630 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:41 PM

He did take a pay cut. $275,000 paycut from last year

Not in the way burr et al have
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.