Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4386 replies to this topic

#3721 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,904 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:22 PM

Toronto is not really into it. Dave Nonis have interestet, but not Burke. He's just making offers and making it look like he is going after the goalie, to avoid the media rashing out at him for not trying to acquire a true number 1 goalie. He's made offers, that are for sure rejectable trades, just so it looks like he's tried, when infact, he probably really has no interest. He's probably being pressured b by Nonis, but deep inside I don't think burke likes that contract. So he's just making refusable offers to Gillis to make it look like he is working around the clock on acquiring Luongo. At the end of the day the media cannot say "Burke is not trying to get a goalie" because he has, but no. Luke Schenn plus a 1st and 2nd round pick is a garbage offer

Kulemin, Komaserek and a 2nd round pick for Luongo is an insult actually especially after we signed Garrison. Brian Burke has no intentions of trading for Luongo.
November 20th 2013, Canucks just lost their 5th straight game. Last time this happened the Canucks, they missed the playoffs.

#3722 cdubuya

cdubuya

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:39 PM

Toronto is not really into it. Dave Nonis have interestet, but not Burke. He's just making offers and making it look like he is going after the goalie, to avoid the media rashing out at him for not trying to acquire a true number 1 goalie. He's made offers, that are for sure rejectable trades, just so it looks like he's tried, when infact, he probably really has no interest. He's probably being pressured b by Nonis, but deep inside I don't think burke likes that contract. So he's just making refusable offers to Gillis to make it look like he is working around the clock on acquiring Luongo. At the end of the day the media cannot say "Burke is not trying to get a goalie" because he has, but no. Luke Schenn plus a 1st and 2nd round pick is a garbage offer

Kulemin, Komaserek and a 2nd round pick for Luongo is an insult actually especially after we signed Garrison. Brian Burke has no intentions of trading for Luongo.

Schenn plus a 1st and a 2nd is a garbage offer? wheres the minus button when you need it?
Posted Image

#3723 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,904 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:08 PM

Schenn plus a 1st and a 2nd is a garbage offer? wheres the minus button when you need it?

Garbage defencemen, plus unpredicable 1st round pick, plus unpredicable 2nd round for all star goalie is indeed a garbage offer. Luongo is an all star goalie. You cannot get an all star goalie over night, as for 1st round picks, every team will get a 1st round pick every year. So in the end, one hell of a garbage offer. That's why Gillis rejected it. He also rejected Schenn on more then 1 occasion already, I don't even know why the hell Burke is offering him to us again, after we rejected Schenn for Hodgson. Again Burke is just doing this to protect his own interest.
November 20th 2013, Canucks just lost their 5th straight game. Last time this happened the Canucks, they missed the playoffs.

#3724 Niklas Jensen

Niklas Jensen

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:10 PM

just throw a Lu + package for Gudbranson and get this over with

Luongo Raymond 2nd round pick and a prospect for Gudbranson.
Our D's must make opponent fowards going to the net PAY THE PRICE

#3725 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,151 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:15 PM

I agree with you MPO - those are failing offers - there is no one in the Canucks organization that would be worth parting with to receive Leaf leftovers - let alone Luongo.

#3726 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,236 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:16 PM

Wow, overpayment much?

Gudbranson isn't that good. He's just as likely to turn into a Bryan Allen type player at this point.

Luongo straight up for Gudbranson should be enough, but Tallon is trying to low ball. Just gotta be patient.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#3727 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:28 PM

I'm guessing nothing happens re: Lu until Doan picks a team. So perhaps later next week. You have to think Gillis wants this done sooner, rather than later (for planning purposes) - assuming there are good trade options available. I still think he ends up in Florida, and Canucks end up with one of their centers: Bjugstad/Huberdeau/Goc, + other pieces.

#3728 Mike Versace ESQ

Mike Versace ESQ

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:30 PM

Garbage defencemen, plus unpredicable 1st round pick, plus unpredicable 2nd round for all star goalie is indeed a garbage offer. Luongo is an all star goalie. You cannot get an all star goalie over night, as for 1st round picks, every team will get a 1st round pick every year. So in the end, one hell of a garbage offer. That's why Gillis rejected it. He also rejected Schenn on more then 1 occasion already, I don't even know why the hell Burke is offering him to us again, after we rejected Schenn for Hodgson. Again Burke is just doing this to protect his own interest.

Why would Burke not be interested? If he needs a goalie that bad, why would he purposefully make offers that he knew would get rejected, just to save face. Wouldn't it be easier to just try to acquire Luongo?

Where do u come up with this stuff?

Posted ImagePosted Image

FOLLOW @MikeVersace1

#shapcrew #membersonly

credit to CanucksHD for the avatar

#3729 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,236 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:37 PM

I'm guessing nothing happens re: Lu until Doan picks a team. So perhaps later next week. You have to think Gillis wants this done sooner, rather than later (for planning purposes) - assuming there are good trade options available. I still think he ends up in Florida, and Canucks end up with one of their centers: Bjugstad/Huberdeau/Goc, + other pieces.

I agree with this.

If Gillis can somehow manage to sign Doan, it eliminates our need for a top 6 winger in a trade.

But if he stays in Phoenix, which is likely, then maybe a trade involving a player like Lupul is more attractive.

Posted Image

#3730 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

I agree with this.

If Gillis can somehow manage to sign Doan, it eliminates our need for a top 6 winger in a trade.

But if he stays in Phoenix, which is likely, then maybe a trade involving a player like Lupul is more attractive.

Ya, I think Doan stays in Phx as well. Not sure about Lupul being attractive though. His contract expires next summer, and he's due for a big raise (likely more $$ than Kesler). Can't see them trading for a guy whose contract expires next summer - they already have some high profile UFAs next summer. But, as you said, you'd think a top 6 guy would be in a package if Doan signs elsewhere.

#3731 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:58 PM

No Maple Leafs, please.

I still don't dislike the team, but there are no real upgrades for us on the team. Maybe Jake Gardiner, but we don't really need him. We need offensive upgrades, and Toronto can't help us with that now. They can't help themselves there either.
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#3732 cripplereh

cripplereh

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:38 PM

yes I think florida is the only option but make a bigger deal and get usa good D man and a big center for the thid line.I thinkit doesnt matter where Doan goes we will still get the best deal we can for luo.I'd rather have a young d man that has played atleast a year then to get a minor player who might not be as good an NHLer.I would rather have Ellerby who is young,big and has upside then to get a wildcard like Gudbranson.Matthias is a very attractive player and big center third liner ,those two I'd love to see us get and trade Ballard,Raymond,Manny any two of them.Lupul is good but streaky and a bit soft so I wouldnt want him on this team when we have been pushed around a bit.
Posted Image

#3733 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:57 PM

Do you actually think Luongo needs to be packaged in order to get someone like Gudbranson?

FLA
Luongo
Raymond

VAN
Gudbranson
Matthias
Bjugstad

Edited by GHL, 11 July 2012 - 03:58 PM.

Posted Image

#3734 Hunter Shinkaruk #9

Hunter Shinkaruk #9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

POPULAR

Do you actually think Luongo needs to be packaged in order to get someone like Gudbranson?

FLA
Luongo

VAN
Gudbranson
Versteeg
Bjugstad

Posted Image

Edited by Frédéric Chopin, 11 July 2012 - 03:59 PM.

Posted Image
Credit to the incomparable, -Vintage Canuck-. Thank you, sir!

#3735 Steven Stamkos

Steven Stamkos

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:09 PM

FLA
Luongo
Raymond

VAN
Gudbranson
Matthias
Bjugstad

Luongo wouldn't be a Canuck right now if that was offered up.
Posted Image
Credit to: Ballard_4

#3736 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:28 PM

Canucks won't trade Luongo until Doan makes a decision. If Doan signs here, the Canucks' need for a top 6 forward goes down and getting a guy like Versteeg/Lupul is no longer a priority. If we can get Doan for free, MG is going to probably be looking for a dman in return.

This offseason has been the year of waiting. I'd say we're all going to have to wait at least 5 more days (day of Doan's decision).
Posted Image
Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#3737 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,236 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:35 PM

Canucks won't trade Luongo until Doan makes a decision. If Doan signs here, the Canucks' need for a top 6 forward goes down and getting a guy like Versteeg/Lupul is no longer a priority. If we can get Doan for free, MG is going to probably be looking for a dman in return.

This offseason has been the year of waiting. I'd say we're all going to have to wait at least 5 more days (day of Doan's decision).

I think Raymond was signed as an insurance policy if we're unable to get a top 6. Obviously we'd like someone better, but that may not be possible.

If we do however acquire a top 6 player like Doan, I see Raymond being traded for a depth defenceman, and Luongo being traded for a third line center and some picks and/or prospects.

Posted Image

#3738 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,936 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

Mobile
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#3739 Fozzy

Fozzy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

#3740 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:03 PM

I think Raymond was signed as an insurance policy if we're unable to get a top 6. Obviously we'd like someone better, but that may not be possible.

If we do however acquire a top 6 player like Doan, I see Raymond being traded for a depth defenceman, and Luongo being traded for a third line center and some picks and/or prospects.

That makes a lot of sense. You might be surprised to see what Raymond could bring back.

#3741 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:05 PM

Ya, I think Doan stays in Phx as well. Not sure about Lupul being attractive though. His contract expires next summer, and he's due for a big raise (likely more $$ than Kesler). Can't see them trading for a guy whose contract expires next summer - they already have some high profile UFAs next summer. But, as you said, you'd think a top 6 guy would be in a package if Doan signs elsewhere.

Not that interested in Lupul. Serious health issues in the past. Getting older. That said he helped Kesler more than vice versa.

#3742 shadowscyne

shadowscyne

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

Still hearing that Kadri or Colborne will be a part of a Luongo deal to the leafs. Still could change, but that's the latest.

Posted Image

#3743 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,236 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:57 PM

Colborne fits our needs more than Kadri. But I have a feeling that if Kadri came here, he'd become a star, cause it would be funny.

Posted Image

#3744 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:29 PM

You know when u put on the history channel and then fall asleep?

The luongo thread is my history channel.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#3745 Jambo

Jambo

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:36 PM

Up to now this off-season has stalled due to the lack of quality free agents. It wouldn't surprise me if there were at least 20 of the 30 teams who have had feelers out for one or more of Suter, Parise & Doan. This obviously blocks the rest of the transfer market. Nash and Luongo will no doubt be traded but lack of free agents has thrown up many variables.

#3746 thad

thad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,881 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:23 PM

Colborne fits our needs more than Kadri. But I have a feeling that if Kadri came here, he'd become a star, cause it would be funny.

Hahaha Kadri and a 1st.. Kadri scores 100pts and Lu gets hurt in training camp, TO tanks and we get that mackinnon kid

I'd start dangling kesler to the leafs. Got another couple firsts Burke?? Lol

#3747 canucks#01fan

canucks#01fan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,975 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:18 AM

schenn is a flyer now (post at top of page)
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for avatar

#3748 BZRK

BZRK

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:45 AM

I think you people are forgetting that Gudbranson is only 20 years old and was a top-3 pick. He's got big potential, If he maximizes his potential, i could see him turning into a Marc Staal. I would Ideally like to see a combination of Kulikov/Gudbranson/Matthias/Bjugstad (2 of them) for Luongo and Schroeder.

DARRENHELM

Posted Image

marinated.pea

#3749 HockeyHobo73

HockeyHobo73

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:03 AM

I think that the Canucks and Panthers actually have a deal agreed upon. They are just prolonging this to screw with Burke... The longer this drags on, the worse for Toronto.. More wasted time, and at the last minute, WHAM, no No.1 goalie for Toronto...

#3750 JLumme

JLumme

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:23 AM

My prediction is that Lu gets traded after he gets home from Vegas. He's still in the WSOP, but has a low stack. Maybe today!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.