The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

5 years in a row Lu has had major meltdowns, so to say it was overnight is just wrong.

For all we know Lu requested a trade for family reasons.

Lu could very be being a great pro, or he could be pissed and told MG to trade him to Florida and only Florida and being a huge crybaby.

We as fans have no way of knowing what is happening.

I wish something would just happen. I'm sure Gillis means it when he says that he is no rush and that they have all summer. However I was surprised when the other shoe didn't drop after Schneider was signed.

There aren't a ton of franchise goaltenders out there so I guess Gillis waiting other teams out...

Negotiation-wise, even if it is clear that the Canucks would rather be without Luongo's contract it is still better to have something than to be waiting without it. Teams that need a #1 should be more desperate to get Luongo than the Canucks are to rid themselves of him.

Why would he need a list? He's not dick Nash with 15 teams interested. There are three maybe four tops and that's pushing it. At this point Gilly will make a trade then ask him. He most likely will waive it. Even if columbus acquired him he'd probably go at this point. He's been treated like crap by fans and media alike. He hates us. He doesn't play for us.

Price just signed for 6.5 a year.

Luooooo's cap hit will continue to be below market value as long as he decides to play.

The guy is a bargain - some team is going to get lucky and take advantage of the fact the Canucks have two elite goaltenders, and acquire one for a pair of first round prospects. Some other teams are going to look back during next year's playoff run and ask themselves why the hell they hesitated to ante up...

Archived