The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

Scotty NHLBeat@NHLBeat

THE Roberto Luongo Update: http://nhlbeat.blogspot.ca/2012/07/luongo-to-panthers-foregone-conclusion.html #Luongo #Canucks #Panthers #Leafs

http://nhlbeat.blogspot.ca/2012/07/luongo-to-panthers-foregone-conclusion.html#!/2012/07/luongo-to-panthers-foregone-conclusion.html

Luongo to Panthers a Foregone Conclusion

I know NHL Beat hasn't exactly been dead on in terms or the Luongo situation but i've got an update. It's expected Luongo wouldnt return to Vancouver for next season, i've got further confirmation from a source that said: "Luongo will never slip on a Vancouver Canucks sweater again". Furthermore, the team is already ridding themselves of Luongo on a marketing level. From the info I've gathered, new banners inside the rink show the likes of Hamhuis, Bieksa, the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows and Edler. Yet no Luongo. The people i've talked to up to this point believe that Roberto Luongo will be a Florida Panther, and that it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. A name all you may be familiar with is SamJam99, the reporter of "Luongo to Panthers DONE DEAL". While he may have jumped the gun a little bit, I can tell you, the Panthers and Canucks have agreed to the major parts in a deal that sees Luongo land in Sunrise Florida. Small details are still left to be worked out. The Canucks will also turn to the Toronto Maple Leafs and give them one last chance to see if they can do any better in terms of an offer.

As far as what's going to Vancouver from Florida. The Canucks really would like to add Nick Bjugstad, a 6'4,200+ pound forward playing at the University of Minnesota. They've also discussed grabbing Kris Versteeg out of Florida. Highly unlikely this is a "1 for 1" deal. Should hear more and more about this in the coming days.

Scotty NHLBeat@NHLBeat

THE Roberto Luongo Update: http://nhlbeat.blogspot.ca/2012/07/luongo-to-panthers-foregone-conclusion.html #Luongo #Canucks #Panthers #Leafs

http://nhlbeat.blogs...conclusion.html

I know NHL Beat hasn't exactly been dead on in terms or the Luongo situation but i've got an update. It's expected Luongo wouldnt return to Vancouver for next season, i've got further confirmation from a source that said: "Luongo will never slip on a Vancouver Canucks sweater again". Furthermore, the team is already ridding themselves of Luongo on a marketing level. From the info I've gathered, new banners inside the rink show the likes of Hamhuis, Bieksa, the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows and Edler. Yet no Luongo. The people i've talked to up to this point believe that Roberto Luongo will be a Florida Panther, and that it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. A name all you may be familiar with is SamJam99, the reporter of "Luongo to Panthers DONE DEAL". While he may have jumped the gun a little bit, I can tell you, the Panthers and Canucks have agreed to the major parts in a deal that sees Luongo land in Sunrise Florida. Small details are still left to be worked out. The Canucks will also turn to the Toronto Maple Leafs and give them one last chance to see if they can do any better in terms of an offer.

As far as what's going to Vancouver from Florida. The Canucks really would like to add Nick Bjugstad, a 6'4,200+ pound forward playing at the University of Minnesota. They've also discussed grabbing Kris Versteeg out of Florida. Highly unlikely this is a "1 for 1" deal. Should hear more and more about this in the coming days.

Scotty NHLBeat@NHLBeat

Scotty NHLBeat@NHLBeat

Stong words there..."it's expected" Luongo won't return.

Florida, a foregone conclusion - unless they turn o Toronto and get a better offer. :picard:

They've agreed to the major parts, but haven't really. Bjugstad, Versteeg? Who knows.

What makes this any different than SamJam's Luongo to the Leafs at the draft, and Luongo to the Panthers more to come, and Panthers out on Luongo? Nothing. Flip flop. Not information - not even speculation - just repeating repeatedly contradictory points. Meh.

I don't see Anaheim trading a 25 year old star powerforward for a 33 year old goaltender.

Luongo isn't that much better than Hiller to put them over the top.

If Ryan's going anywhere, it would likely be somewhere like Chicago for Patick Kane, Philly for Coutourier and picks, or Buffalo for Ennis.

I personally hopes Luongo goes to the Leafs!

I would like a deal like this:

To Vancouver: 1) Conditional 1st Round Draft Pick in 2013 (Conditional on Leafs Making Playoffs)

2) Jake Gardiner

3) Tyler Bozak

To Toronto: 1) Roberto Luongo

2) Chris Tanev

3) 4th Round Draft Pick

I personally hopes Luongo goes to the Leafs!

I would like a deal like this:

To Vancouver: 1) Conditional 1st Round Draft Pick in 2013 (Conditional on Leafs Making Playoffs)

2) Jake Gardiner

3) Tyler Bozak

To Toronto: 1) Roberto Luongo

2) Chris Tanev

3) 4th Round Draft Pick

Archived