Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4386 replies to this topic

#4231 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,073 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:50 PM

We are over 140 pages and still have the same amount of info as the first page.

Yeah but its a discussion. I don't see a trade coming until well into August or maybe later, after we find out if there is going to be an NHL season next year.

I for one love the anticipation to what might happen and discuss it with other passionate fans.

If I wanted to wait for new info I wouldn't come back to this thread every day and just wait until a trade is announced.

#4232 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:53 AM

BREAKING!!!!!!

I'll be breaking this chair if nothing is done soon!

Posted Image

Edited by WeatherWise, 19 July 2012 - 12:54 AM.

The greatest segue into a weather segment.

#4233 CoreyPerry

CoreyPerry

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:38 AM

This is not good for my sanity. Gillis I dont know how the hell he handles the pressure. please something happen already
Posted ImagePosted Image
Credit to CanucksBen for Kassian sig

#4234 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:42 AM

BREAKING!!!!!!

I'll be breaking this chair if nothing is done soon!

Posted Image

that's a fine lookin chair if I may say so myself.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck The Sig lord

ezgif-714024022.gif

#4235 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,124 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:29 AM

Quite frankly I'm bummed right out over the Weber deal. I thought the big deal this summer would be a deal to bring him along with Doan. It is all going down in flames.

A little dissapointed in Weber. Also confused how Philly affords a contract with a CAP that might shrink to $52 M. I guess that isn't his problem and Philly looks pretty solid for a CUP run. I am sure that Gillis had to walk away and look for cheaper options. In the long run it probably is smarter to do that.

This puts more pressure on the Lou deal as Gillis will be looking for a premium d-man.

#4236 cripplereh

cripplereh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:52 AM

I agree if we can get a BIG decent D man like Ellerby and a big center or play making center I think Doan would want to come here more.I'd like us to get that for Luo and a draft pick and leave the prospects alone so we can get better and have a pick even if 3rd or 4th rounder!Weber is looking for a chance to win now and could ask for a trade if the preds match and dont get better!but far as Luo I hope MG gets something done fast as the longer it takes the more Luo will be saying things in public and will force a trade so we wont get as much.I knew this was going to be bad for MG if he didnt act fast!Far as people say he should wait you are so wrong as Luo will force a trade and we will get way less for him!
Posted Image

#4237 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:17 AM

As per Eliotte Friedman, the Panthers are unwilling to move Markström, Gudbranson or Huberdeau in a deal involving Luongo.

FLA
Luongo

VAN
Markstrom
Gudbranson
Huberdeau

Face the impossible. Do it GMMG.

Posted Image

#4238 JC2

JC2

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:18 AM

I agree if we can get a BIG decent D man like Ellerby and a big center or play making center I think Doan would want to come here more.I'd like us to get that for Luo and a draft pick and leave the prospects alone so we can get better and have a pick even if 3rd or 4th rounder!Weber is looking for a chance to win now and could ask for a trade if the preds match and dont get better!but far as Luo I hope MG gets something done fast as the longer it takes the more Luo will be saying things in public and will force a trade so we wont get as much.I knew this was going to be bad for MG if he didnt act fast!Far as people say he should wait you are so wrong as Luo will force a trade and we will get way less for him!

I think Ellerby is the more realistic defenseman prospect that the Canucks could get out Florida and I am getting quite sick and tired of all the proposals involving Gudbranson. Luongo is a luxury not a necessity when it comes to the Panthers. They already have two veteran goalies who are capable of keeping them competitive and a solid prospect in Markstrom who should be ready in a few seasons. If Gillis is truly holding out for a player like Gudbranson then they might as well insert a lazy boy chair with a recliner and cup holder for Luongo behind the bench.

My only concern with trying to acquire a good defenseman prospect from Florida is that they would likely want a good young defenseman back, likely Tanev. My question is, is Ellerby an upgrade over Tanev? I don't know much about Ellerby other than he is big but still has to grow into his body and plays a shutdown role. Even though the Canucks would benefit having more size on the back end does Ellerby have a higher ceiling or are they about equal in value?

JC2

#4239 zduck14

zduck14

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:21 AM

Quite frankly I'm bummed right out over the Weber deal. I thought the big deal this summer would be a deal to bring him along with Doan. It is all going down in flames.

A little dissapointed in Weber. Also confused how Philly affords a contract with a CAP that might shrink to $52 M. I guess that isn't his problem and Philly looks pretty solid for a CUP run. I am sure that Gillis had to walk away and look for cheaper options. In the long run it probably is smarter to do that.

This puts more pressure on the Lou deal as Gillis will be looking for a premium d-man.

You're telling us you're disappointed in Weber for signing an offer that guarantees him $100,000,000 over the next 14 years? Unreal....... :picard:

#4240 cs2016

cs2016

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:27 AM

Our chances of landing Weber were always slim. MG has never offered as large a contract that Philly did and it was obvious that Weber wanted big bucks. Our prospect pool is pretty bad and it wouldn't make sense for Nashville to trade with us when there are more enticing pieces out there.

#4241 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,236 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:48 AM

This is not good for my sanity. Gillis I dont know how the hell he handles the pressure. please something happen already

It's the reason why he's one of the best in the business.

Well, I , I feel very good about this draft, but I, I think, potentially you know were gonna have 3 or 4 NHL players out of this group, ummmm, you know like we are not going to prejudice to were they are from.

-Jim Benning June 27, 2015 shortly after the completion of the 2015 NHL Entry draft in Miami Florida.

#4242 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,512 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:54 AM

If I was an opposing GM I'd be dangling for Schneider at this point like a mutha'.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#4243 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,640 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:16 AM

If I was an opposing GM I'd be dangling for Schneider at this point like a mutha'.

Like i said in the Weber thread if he goes to Philly some teams in the east will have to make a move and goaltending is the way to stay on par with the Flyers. Guess what team has a world class goaltender for sale?

#4244 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:19 AM

Like i said in the Weber thread if he goes to Philly some teams in the east will have to make a move and goaltending is the way to stay on par with the Flyers. Guess what team has a world class goaltender for sale?

Guess what team has a superstar rookie goalie for sale?

Posted Image

#4245 Trade Deadline

Trade Deadline

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:22 AM

FLA
Luongo

VAN
Markstrom
Gudbranson
Huberdeau

Face the impossible. Do it GMMG.

Your on some strong Breaking Bad powder if you think Florida would be willing to let away their entire future for a 33 year old goalie.

Posted Image

#4246 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,512 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

Which goalie;)?
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#4247 Skead

Skead

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

Your on some strong Breaking Bad powder if you think Florida would be willing to let away their entire future for a 33 year old goalie.

WHOOOSH!

That's the sound of the joke going right over your head. :)

#4248 Trade Deadline

Trade Deadline

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:29 AM

WHOOOSH!

Now is not the time to joke. We lost Weber, its a tough time. :sadno:

Posted Image

#4249 Skead

Skead

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:34 AM

I remember he came on the radio with the Moj (of all people) when he was an RFA, and Moj asked him straight up
"Do you ever see yourself as a Canuck? Like let it be now, or in the future?" and the way Weber responded you could tell he wasn't interested in the slightest. Didn't even answer the question just said "oh, I know a lot of athletes love playing for their hometown team but for me it's more than just that, there are lots of factors..."

Plus signing a 14 year term, the guy is purely motivated by money as his primary focus... Not sure I want a guy like that on the Canucks no matter how skilled they are.

#4250 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:35 AM

WHOOOSH!

LOL!

Posted Image

#4251 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,640 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:59 AM

Which goalie;)?

Both goaltenders actually. Gillis was smart locking up Scneids before an offer sheet was coming and it probably was. Some teams in the east will probably be going hard after either Scheids or Lou. I would bet that some teams in the west will go after Lou before a team in the east goes for him. Both are tenders cap hits look real good right now.

#4252 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,107 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:33 PM

Now is not the time to joke. We lost Weber, its a tough time. :sadno:

You can't lose something you never had....
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#4253 arsenalian

arsenalian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:56 PM

Guess what team has a superstar rookie goalie for sale?

I give up who?

Edited by arsenalian, 19 July 2012 - 12:56 PM.

#4254 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:01 PM

I give up who?

Atha Canucks!

lol

Posted Image

#4255 arsenalian

arsenalian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:05 PM

Atha Canucks!

lol

Nope, your delusional if you think Luongo is coming back and we're trading Schneider after all this

#4256 komodo1970

komodo1970

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:19 PM

Weber's not going to Philly. Poille's going to match. He'd be aretard not to.

#4257 Niklas Jensen

Niklas Jensen

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:53 PM

throw a package at Florida for Gudbranson, he is the next Shea Weber

Luongo, Raymond Ballard for Gudbranson, Clemmenson. Florida would love this deal cuz they would make it to the cap floor
Our D's must make opponent fowards going to the net PAY THE PRICE

#4258 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

Time is going by so slowly..

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#4259 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,073 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:33 PM

As per Eliotte Friedman, the Panthers are unwilling to move Markström, Gudbranson or Huberdeau in a deal involving Luongo.

He doesn't know this for a fact. It's an educated guess like you and I can make.

#4260 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,883 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:42 PM

You're a pretty astute guy..........did you really think Weber was going to come to Vancouver? Never once have I ever thought that was a real possibility.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.