The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

That interview was a carefully timed, and chosen way for Roberto Luongo to get his voice heard in the trade situation. He admits that he doesn't talk to Gillis, there has been NO talk of any trade options or trades put across for him to approve or not.

Luongo is saying "Get'er Done Gillis" - And now it's time for Gillis to reply and trade him.

to keep the Richards is a dick comment in context - the interviewers asked who the biggest dick on the Kings is - I think they were implying Brown... Lu offered that it was his team Canada team-mate...

he didn't say Richards is a dick - he said he's the biggest one on the Kings.

this could be interpreted in more ways than one. :lol:

If (when) a deal gets done, I have a feeling it is definitely not going to be for a week or so. Lu is at the WSP tournament right now, and based on the interview he seemed pretty focused on poker/took the tournament quite seriously.

He is a competitive guy and probably wants to focus on the tournament at hand. I imagine he is not interested in fielding questions from Gillis or his agent, nor is he interested in talks about where he would like to be traded/consider waiving his NTC.

If a deal is going to get done, it will be after the tournament.

This was originally my thought after hearing the hockeyinsider thing of 48-72 hrs was posted. But unless this interview was prerecorded I don't see the fact that he is playing poker to be an issue here. He just sounds like he wants this to be over.

The way I look at it is the opposite. To me this is Gillis saying to Luongo: "If you want a trade, you're gonna have to go out there and do some work yourself"

Don't you find it strange that he has been completely silent up until this point? And then reports come out that trade talks really aren't going anywhere with teams, and all of a sudden this comes out.

This is Luongo saying to other teams, that he's open to be traded to any hockey market that has a chance to win. And he's trying to make his contract more appealing by basically saying that he doesn't plan on playing the full amount of it.

I think this could bring at least a couple more teams into the trade mix. And at the same time, maybe press Florida a little harder.

Archived