Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4386 replies to this topic

#991 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:31 PM

There's a big thread stickied at the top
I believe it's called "The Official Luongo thread" :lol:
Seriously though - Luongo, 1st, Connauton for Bjugstad, 1st, Versteeg, 3rd?

#992 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:31 PM

load of bs.

#993 westcoast

westcoast

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:33 PM

Howden,Bjugstad and Petrovic is who they should target.Affordable big physical young guys on the verge of making an impact.Making a big mean third line of kids that can skate,hit and defend is very valuable and wins you playoff games.Petrovic is a nice D prospect.

#994 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:35 PM

Luongo isn't worth a lot.

Luongo is worth more than the Sedins combined. Without Luongo, te Canucks don't make the playoffs. Without the Sedins, they still have a chance.

Posted Image

#995 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,313 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:36 PM

I guarantee Tallon is drooling over the thought of a Luongo/Theodore combo.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#996 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:37 PM

Luongo is worth more than the Sedins combined. Without Luongo, te Canucks don't make the playoffs. Without the Sedins, they still have a chance.

LOL, you feeling okay this afternoon?
Posted Image

#997 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:39 PM

No matter how much poop you have it will never = diamonds

You obviously have never seen the movie Holy Mountain. I suggest you check it out.

Posted Image

#998 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 64,604 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

Florida does make more sense, I just hope we get enough back from them in the trade.

Kris Versteeg would be nice.
Posted Image

#999 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,313 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:43 PM

I wouldn't go that far. But for a team without a number 1 goaltender he has a ton of value, regardless of what the Toronto media wants you to believe.

Florida has shown that they are close to being able to do some damage in the playoffs. Add Luongo to that team and suddnly they're winning a round or two. Something Florida needs to do desperately.

Posted Image

#1000 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:44 PM

I guarantee Tallon is drooling over the thought of a Luongo/Theodore combo.

... and I guarantee you're drooling over the prospects of having Luongo out of the Canucks organization for anything Gillis can pick up along the way, even if it's road kill.

Posted Image

#1001 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,313 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:47 PM

... and I guarantee you're drooling over the prospects of having Luongo out of the Canucks organization for anything Gillis can pick up along the way, even if it's road kill.

Not at all. I've been saying all along that if we don't get great value for Luongo we shouldn't trade him.

I laugh at the people that said we should have given Lu to Toronto for Schenn. Number 1 rule of negotiating: never accept the first offer.

I think Florida has a ton of good young assets that they would be willing to part with for Lu. And if it's a place that he wants to go, it's a win-win for everyone involved.

Edited by DeNiro, 24 June 2012 - 03:47 PM.

Posted Image

#1002 70seven

70seven

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:50 PM

I dont think Florida will give up Bjugstad.... The guys a monster at 6'5... has soft hands, QBs the PP, kills penalties, forechecks hard, drives the net with authority, and has fantastic hockey sense. The guy is the total package power forward, and is going to be a star.

IF Gillis could pry him from Tallon, Id be doing cartwheels down the street... or falling while trying.

#1003 CanucksWino

CanucksWino

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:51 PM

A package similar to Theodore, Matthias and Bjugstad for Lou seems about right...

#1004 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:51 PM

Making deals based on time restrictions always results in a bad deal.

Gillis is a patient man, he's not going to make his decision based on the fear of an offer sheet.

Everything will work out, I'm sure he's got it under control.

I hope you're right, because I have a feeling that MG ought to be getting something while the getting is good, and put the mistake that was signing Lou for 1 million years behind him so the team can focus on winning. Sometimes it's better to just pay the price for a mistake than to try to get out of it or make yourself believe it wasn't one in the first place.

MG has said that he is the problem in a deal not getting done, meaning he more or less admits he wants too much. Not that Lou isn't worth it, but that teams may be under valuing him.
And Lou is now rumored to have only approved FLA as a trade destination, which is problematic given FLA is not going to, according to several articles, part with any of their top prospects. This is a rumor and may not be true. But if it is, then negotiating from a position of strength is not an option for MG anymore.

no duh.

You win the internet, EOM.

#1005 CanucksWino

CanucksWino

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:52 PM

I dont think Florida will give up Bjugstad.... The guys a monster at 6'5... has soft hands, QBs the PP, kills penalties, forechecks hard, drives the net with authority, and has fantastic hockey sense. The guy is the total package power forward, and is going to be a star.

IF Gillis could pry him from Tallon, Id be doing cartwheels down the street... or falling while trying.

Agreed - I'm hoping Tallon feels like his depth at the centre position (Weiss and Huberdeau) allows him to feel like he can deal Bjugstad out of a position of strength...

#1006 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:55 PM

Agreed - I'm hoping Tallon feels like his depth at the centre position (Weiss and Huberdeau) allows him to feel like he can deal Bjugstad out of a position of strength...

don't forget howden

#1007 Hedman

Hedman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:01 PM

I would love if Versteeg would be part of a deal if Gillis is trading Luongo to Florida. Might not be the biggest player like most fans seems to demanding. Maybe not loved after his years in Chicago. But his playoff numbers are really good, and if he wouldn't make the top6, he would still be a good 3rd liner with his play-style. He will be a free-agent by July 1st, but i can't see why Florida wouldn't sign him.

Edited by Hedman, 24 June 2012 - 04:34 PM.

#1008 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,313 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:01 PM

I hope you're right, because I have a feeling that MG ought to be getting something while the getting is good, and put the mistake that was signing Lou for 1 million years behind him so the team can focus on winning. Sometimes it's better to just pay the price for a mistake than to try to get out of it or make yourself believe it wasn't one in the first place.

MG has said that he is the problem in a deal not getting done, meaning he more or less admits he wants too much. Not that Lou isn't worth it, but that teams may be under valuing him.
And Lou is now rumored to have only approved FLA as a trade destination, which is problematic given FLA is not going to, according to several articles, part with any of their top prospects. This is a rumor and may not be true. But if it is, then negotiating from a position of strength is not an option for MG anymore.

Gillis is still the one with two number 1 goaltenders, and we know of three teams interested that don't have one. Gillis is still in the position of strength here. By all accounts, he is willing to go into next season with both goaltenders too.

Florida said they would not be willing to part with their top prospects. I take that as Huberdeau, Gudbranson, and Kulikov. If they're not willing to part with any of their prospects, it will be hard to get any deal done.

I think Tallon and the ownership in Florida are smart enough to realize that Luongo is a star player that puts fans in the seats, and sells jersey's. That has alot of value to a team that doesn't really have anything to get their fans excited about. Plus Luongo's return to Florida would be a great story.

I think Florida is more desperate for Luongo then we are to trade him, so just sit back and wait for Tallon to pay up.

Edited by DeNiro, 24 June 2012 - 04:03 PM.

Posted Image

#1009 Sanj

Sanj

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:33 PM

That is the funniest thing I have ever read! Do you even watch hockey?

Edited by Sanj, 24 June 2012 - 04:33 PM.

#1010 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:33 PM

A columbub blue jackets repoter:

@Aportzline: Don't know where this stands now, but over #NHLdraft weekend I heard G Roberto Luongo to Chicago, if the #Blackhawks could make $$$ work.

Maybe if we take some cap back? Luongo for Hossa? Or Luongo for Sharp?
Posted Image

#1011 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:45 PM

Kris Versteeg would be nice.

He would although isn't he having hip surgery this summer? How many more players can we have with sown up hips? Ballard and Kesler both had issues finding form after theirs so I wonder if Versteeg would also have issues next season.

“@Aportzline: Don't know where this stands now, but over #NHLdraft weekend I heard G Roberto Luongo to Chicago, if the #Blackhawks could make $$$ work.”

Personally, I want Seabrook. I would love to see him with Edler.
Posted Image

#1012 TheGhostOfRazor

TheGhostOfRazor

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:51 PM

"@Aportzline: Don't know where this stands now, but over #NHLdraft weekend I heard G Roberto Luongo to Chicago, if the #Blackhawks could make $$$ work."

Portzline is as straight up as it gets. If he says he heard that, he definitely did.

Sharp has a no movement clause. Hossa is signed until 2021, and I'd be surprised if MG would want to take pretty much the same contract back from Chicago as he's giving them considering MG has stated repeatedly he wants to get bigger and younger.

Chicago doesn't seem like a fit because they don't appear to have the guys the could really help the Canucks, unless it's immediate help in a guy like Sharp who, as I say, has that NMC.

How about Bolland and Kyle Beach? Gets the Canucks the 3rd line center they need and a big, young prospect with plenty of upside.
Busy cultivating useless good taste.
Posted Image

#1013 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:51 PM

Hahahaha, you are a funny guy.

2 art ross players for 6 mil each for a backup goalie

Sold

Edited by Noheart, 24 June 2012 - 04:52 PM.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#1014 WetPaint

WetPaint

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

"@Aportzline: Don't know where this stands now, but over #NHLdraft weekend I heard G Roberto Luongo to Chicago, if the #Blackhawks could make $$$ work."

I think if it were Hossa or Sharp the deal would of been done already. Gillis would have taken one of those and ran.

Maybe Frolik, Montador and McNeill?

Then Chicago can send Crawford to Toronto for something.

Edited by WetPaint, 24 June 2012 - 04:56 PM.

#1015 Pears

Pears

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,841 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:54 PM

Hahahaha, you are a funny guy.

2 art ross players for 6 mil each for a backup goalie

Sold

Did you just call an elite goalie a back up...
Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!!

#1016 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,313 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:01 PM

Arron Portzline reports so many rumors...The majority of them never come to fruition. Pretty sure he's the one that reported a Bieksa for Vermette trade a few years back.

I'm sure lots of teams have at least asked about Luongo. Most of them are just kicking the tires though.

And no to any Blackhawk joining the Canucks. Gillis isn't dumb enough to risk creating a problem in the lockeroom.

Edited by DeNiro, 24 June 2012 - 05:04 PM.

Posted Image

#1017 TheGhostOfRazor

TheGhostOfRazor

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:04 PM

Bolland + Beach.
Busy cultivating useless good taste.
Posted Image

#1018 ovechkinisgod

ovechkinisgod

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:05 PM

Portzline is as straight up as it gets. If he says he heard that, he definitely did.

Sharp has a no movement clause. Hossa is signed until 2021, and I'd be surprised if MG would want to take pretty much the same contract back from Chicago as he's giving them considering MG has stated repeatedly he wants to get bigger and younger.

Chicago doesn't seem like a fit because they don't appear to have the guys the could really help the Canucks, unless it's immediate help in a guy like Sharp who, as I say, has that NMC.

How about Bolland and Kyle Beach? Gets the Canucks the 3rd line center they need and a big, young prospect with plenty of upside.

I honestly can't tell if you're being serious

#1019 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,313 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:05 PM

Bolland + Beach.

So when are we trading the Sedins and Burrows then?

Posted Image

#1020 Dayman

Dayman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:09 PM

So when are we trading the Sedins and Burrows then?

Bolland + Beach aren't worth the Sedins + Burrows

наилучшими пожеланиями,

Матушка Россия

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.