The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

Completely agree with you systemaddict, CDC doesn't give kassian a break, kid is only 21 and will be a force to be reckon with in a couple years, as you can see from this draft there's always potential for tons of centers but big power forwards are always hard to come by, kassian will be good eventually, patience.

And as for the Lu for Schenn proposition from Burke, do you think if we don't get any better offers over the summer and gillis comes back to Burke to accept his proposition, that Burke would then know gillis couldn't find any better deals and then would take the Schenn offer off the table and try to low ball as he would be in a position of power?

And as for the Lu for Schenn proposition from Burke, do you think if we don't get any better offers over the summer and gillis comes back to Burke to accept his proposition, that Burke would then know gillis couldn't find any better deals and then would take the Schenn offer off the table and try to low ball as he would be in a position of power?

Really people?!?! You think a team building around its young talent is going to trade one of the keys to their defensive corp for years to come?!?! That would have been like Tallon trading Keith or Seabrook for a quick fix when he was in Chicago. No...I am not comparing the players against each other, rather the idea of moving one of their blue chip prospects for an older player when they are clearly looking years down the line.

Gudbranson is not happening so forget it people.

If Florida needed a little time it may have something to do with finding out what they wound up getting in the draft (aside from cap/salary issues) - they have a wealth of prospects and just added a fleet footed blueliner Matheson - it may give them a better idea of what they are willing to move. The Canucks also may have benefitted by not making a move before their pick - coming away with Gaunce may change the type of young prospects they decide they need in return. Where they may have wanted Bjugstad or Matthias in a deal, they may now shift their focus a little... who knows?

If the rumour of the Schenn straight up offer is true, that is worth saying no to - his 3.6 million cap hit is a complication - for that money you want a guy who is ready to step up, not a project or question mark who could get in the way of plans for free agency.

Everyone can sober up the day after - the deals aren't necessarily done.

I don't know ... Luongo and his big fat 10 yr contract for Schenn and MG still doesn't pull the trigger on this. I don't think you're going to get much more than that. To me, I think it is a matter of pride on Gillis' part. Just do the deal and move on ... I am so sick and tired of this.

Archived