The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

I dont think Florida will give up Bjugstad.... The guys a monster at 6'5... has soft hands, QBs the PP, kills penalties, forechecks hard, drives the net with authority, and has fantastic hockey sense. The guy is the total package power forward, and is going to be a star.

IF Gillis could pry him from Tallon, Id be doing cartwheels down the street... or falling while trying.

I dont think Florida will give up Bjugstad.... The guys a monster at 6'5... has soft hands, QBs the PP, kills penalties, forechecks hard, drives the net with authority, and has fantastic hockey sense. The guy is the total package power forward, and is going to be a star.

IF Gillis could pry him from Tallon, Id be doing cartwheels down the street... or falling while trying.

I hope you're right, because I have a feeling that MG ought to be getting something while the getting is good, and put the mistake that was signing Lou for 1 million years behind him so the team can focus on winning. Sometimes it's better to just pay the price for a mistake than to try to get out of it or make yourself believe it wasn't one in the first place.

MG has said that he is the problem in a deal not getting done, meaning he more or less admits he wants too much. Not that Lou isn't worth it, but that teams may be under valuing him.

And Lou is now rumored to have only approved FLA as a trade destination, which is problematic given FLA is not going to, according to several articles, part with any of their top prospects. This is a rumor and may not be true. But if it is, then negotiating from a position of strength is not an option for MG anymore.

I would love if Versteeg would be part of a deal if Gillis is trading Luongo to Florida. Might not be the biggest player like most fans seems to demanding. Maybe not loved after his years in Chicago. But his playoff numbers are really good, and if he wouldn't make the top6, he would still be a good 3rd liner with his play-style. He will be a free-agent by July 1st, but i can't see why Florida wouldn't sign him.

A columbub blue jackets repoter:

"@Aportzline: Don't know where this stands now, but over #NHLdraft weekend I heard G Roberto Luongo to Chicago, if the #Blackhawks could make $$$ work."

Maybe if we take some cap back? Luongo for Hossa? Or Luongo for Sharp?

"@Aportzline: Don't know where this stands now, but over #NHLdraft weekend I heard G Roberto Luongo to Chicago, if the #Blackhawks could make $$$ work."

Portzline is as straight up as it gets. If he says he heard that, he definitely did.

Sharp has a no movement clause. Hossa is signed until 2021, and I'd be surprised if MG would want to take pretty much the same contract back from Chicago as he's giving them considering MG has stated repeatedly he wants to get bigger and younger.

Chicago doesn't seem like a fit because they don't appear to have the guys the could really help the Canucks, unless it's immediate help in a guy like Sharp who, as I say, has that NMC.

How about Bolland and Kyle Beach? Gets the Canucks the 3rd line center they need and a big, young prospect with plenty of upside.

Archived