Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4386 replies to this topic

#1561 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,858 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:18 PM

POPULAR

I'll post this collection of images for the sake of unwarranted nostalgia.

Now that's a game face.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by WeatherWise, 25 June 2012 - 11:40 PM.

The greatest segue into a weather segment.

#1562 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,017 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:43 PM

My favorite Loooo moment was after the national anthem, game 7, at home against Chicago. Game face as above - body language of a fighter.

#1563 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,017 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:51 PM

Luongo Twitter theorists add little to trade saga http://bit.ly/MlN42u

"The least you can say about Monday’s report concerning Roberto Luongo’s preferred destination isit passes the smell test.
As for a more rigorous test of its veracity, sorry. This is the age of Twitter. When information is passed along in 140­character missives there are bound to be holes. And this item left a few questions unanswered.
“There are a lot of stories out there,” said Luongo’s agent Gilles Lupien. “That’s why I don’t pick up the phone. I don’t want to create any new ones.”
No, that will fall to others. But the latest report did create a fresh talking point to this tired story and, in this market, that development can’t be ignored.
On Monday, Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Post-Dispatch tweeted that Luongo, to this point, had declined to waive his no-trade clause to the Blackhawks or Leafs and was using that clause to steer a trade toward the Panthers.
This, naturally, inspired a flood of stories from the various theorists who inhabit cyberspace and, in short order, the story had morphed from Luongo trying to influence a deal to Luongo rejecting a trade to Leafs (the headline on Slam Sports’ website).
We can’t say much for certain about this saga. But we can say that is categorically false.

#1564 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,858 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:51 PM

My favorite Loooo moment was after the national anthem, game 7, at home against Chicago. Game face as above - body language of a fighter.

Posted Image

Edited by WeatherWise, 26 June 2012 - 01:06 AM.

The greatest segue into a weather segment.

#1565 Hafizzle

Hafizzle

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:53 PM

Good lord that's a lot of pictures!

#1566 cripplereh

cripplereh

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:11 AM

WOW there should be a limit of pictures you can put!!
Posted Image

#1567 cripplereh

cripplereh

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:17 AM

Let it go. He's leaving. We all know it now.

The question now is simply "To whom, for what?"

That's all in the past. I hope both the Nucks and Lou mutually benefit from this change.

/ Say what you will, Lou is still the best goaltender the Canucks have ever had (Never saw Gary Smith play)

I have watched all three times the Canucks have gotten to the finals and can say McLean got 4 shutouts and played better then luo in the playoffs and so did KING Richard who took the worst of the three to the finals.luo holds most records but is third best overall!I think luo is an awesome goalie but not a playoff goaltender and that is a weakness.
Posted Image

#1568 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:57 AM

Grabovski is a pretty good player but we don't really need him. His cap hit is pretty big.

Luongo is a pretty good player but we don't really need him. His cap hit is pretty big.

I think we have a fair trade here people!
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#1569 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:39 AM

I'll post this collection of images for the sake of unwarranted nostalgia.

Now that's a game face.

Just pointing out - 5 of the last 7 pictures Luongo was on his belly...

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#1570 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,156 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:42 AM

I have watched all three times the Canucks have gotten to the finals and can say McLean got 4 shutouts and played better then luo in the playoffs and so did KING Richard who took the worst of the three to the finals.luo holds most records but is third best overall!I think luo is an awesome goalie but not a playoff goaltender and that is a weakness.

Ditto.McLean was an outstanding goalie for about two years and a good one the rest of the time. King Richard for less than that.Regardless of that debate, Lou has been the only goalie since Kirk left that had the talent to lead us to the Cup at the stage of their career here. (with respect to Sean Burke.....if we'd ever put a team in front if him)

small.pngNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEsmall.png

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#1571 EvoLu7ioN

EvoLu7ioN

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:42 AM

Here's a thought. We the hell are we trading Luongo right now. There is absolutely no market for him right now, and if you look around the league, tons of teams are banking on old or young, unproven goalies. The market is GUARANTEED to get better once some of these guys fail. Just look at the list:

Chicago - Crawford
NJ - Brodeur
Columbus - Bobrovsky/Mason
Tampa - Lindback,
NYI - Nobody
Boston - Rask
Edmonton - Dubnyk
Toronto - Reimer
Florida - Markstrom/Theodore
Washington - Holtby

I guarantee you once the season starts, some of these teams are going to get off to terrible starts due to inadequate goaltending, and when they do they come knocking, no, banging on Gillis' door about Luongo.

Cory Schneider is a professional. Roberto is a professional. Simply tell Cory Schneider that he is our guy, he will be our guy in the future, and that once the stretch drive and playoffs start Luongo will have been traded. This is about maximizing the team around him, giving us the best chance to win the cup, and that starts with acquiring the best package for one of our stars.

Edited by EvoLu7ioN, 26 June 2012 - 07:43 AM.

Posted Image

#1572 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:45 AM

I remember that. Have never seen Lu like that before or after.
Posted Image

#1573 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:50 AM

On Monday, Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Post-Dispatch tweeted that Luongo, to this point, had declined to waive his no-trade clause to the Blackhawks or Leafs and was using that clause to steer a trade toward the Panthers.

Very likely Howson spreading lies either to retaliate against Lu or Gillis or rejecting their possible earlier offer or to prep for making an offer to the Canucks later that will surely be inferior to what Gillis can get from Burke or Tallon, like Nash for Lu/Kesler/1st/Jensen, or something ridiculus.
Posted Image

#1574 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:54 AM

Very likely Howson spreading lies either to retaliate against Lu or Gillis for rejecting their possible earlier offer or to prep for making an offer to the Canucks later that will surely be inferior to what Gillis can get from Burke or Tallon, like Nash for Lu/Kesler/1st/Jensen, or something ridiculus.

Posted Image

#1575 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:58 AM

if tallon will believe that, then great.

Everyone knows it.

Gudbranson has Chris Pronger type potential. Bjugstad has Getzlaf type potential.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#1576 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:06 AM

Everyone knows it.

Gudbranson has Chris Pronger type potential. Bjugstad has Getzlaf type potential.

Can't believe they are both North Americans... they both sound Scandinavian...
Posted Image

#1577 EvoLu7ioN

EvoLu7ioN

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:15 AM

Florida would be an ideal trading partner. They're so loaded up with blue chip prospects they wouldn't even miss the ones they would be losing.

Edited by EvoLu7ioN, 26 June 2012 - 08:16 AM.

Posted Image

#1578 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,900 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:16 AM

luongo will stand on his head after he leaves us and waive at us :( sry luongo for all the crap you put up with good luck cheers

Trust me when I say this Canucks fans have had to deal with a lot more of his crap than he has.

He came in as a whiny pre-madonna 27 year old goalie who was crying to leave Florida. Here he stood on his head for 1 year which is fair and props on him for leading us to the 2nd round against the Ducks. However ever since Game 5 against the Ducks he was never the same goalie. The next year when we collapsed in March and didnt make the playoffs, he was the MOST at fault. The next 2 years against Chicago when his GAA was 3.5+ eventhough our OFFENCE was scoring goals he was the reason we lost. In the 2011 playoffs, he almost choked in the first round especially games 4/5 and then allowed an untimely goal in game 7. In the Boston series he was good but when we needed him to make a save the most he didnt. This season that occurred he failed yet again.

His attitude has also been an issue. Consistently he has thrown his teammates under the bus to media throughout his 6 year tenure. He also dives like a little baby when someone even touches him in the crease.

Even though he has screwed up many times, he has still taken about $48 million from Owner Francesco Aqualini. If you Luongo fans want to portray him the victim go ahead but he in the end has always gotten the better end of the stick. Also, if he cant take heat for being an overrated goalie then maybe he shouldnt have taken the massive contracts in the first place.

Edited by canuckbeliever, 26 June 2012 - 08:16 AM.

#1579 Yeria

Yeria

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:28 AM

Trust me when I say this Canucks fans have had to deal with a lot more of his crap than he has.

He came in as a whiny pre-madonna 27 year old goalie who was crying to leave Florida. Here he stood on his head for 1 year which is fair and props on him for leading us to the 2nd round against the Ducks. However ever since Game 5 against the Ducks he was never the same goalie. The next year when we collapsed in March and didnt make the playoffs, he was the MOST at fault. The next 2 years against Chicago when his GAA was 3.5+ eventhough our OFFENCE was scoring goals he was the reason we lost. In the 2011 playoffs, he almost choked in the first round especially games 4/5 and then allowed an untimely goal in game 7. In the Boston series he was good but when we needed him to make a save the most he didnt. This season that occurred he failed yet again.

His attitude has also been an issue. Consistently he has thrown his teammates under the bus to media throughout his 6 year tenure. He also dives like a little baby when someone even touches him in the crease.

Even though he has screwed up many times, he has still taken about $48 million from Owner Francesco Aqualini. If you Luongo fans want to portray him the victim go ahead but he in the end has always gotten the better end of the stick. Also, if he cant take heat for being an overrated goalie then maybe he shouldnt have taken the massive contracts in the first place.

What you said basically can be said of any Canuck player just with different number figures, tones and words.

I know Luongo fans are mostly irrational but so are haters like you. If both parties are delusional, as a Canucks fan, i'd rather support crazy fans than crazy haters.
Posted Image
Thanks to Hockey_Crazy for the sig!

#1580 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,098 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:33 AM

First off I side with keeping Schneider because fundamentally I think he is a better goalie and also because his CAP hit is friendlier.

Your suggestion that Lou threw his teammates under the bus instaed of accepting his own shortcomings is a bit out of line. The level of hockey knowledge exhibited by many Canuck fans hit it's zenith with a previous goalie Cloutier. Press and fans dumped on that kid unrelentingly for over 2 seasons. He sat back and took it when his d-core out front was a nightmare. None of the so called team leaders ie Naslund stood up in his defence.

Lou came into that atmosphere and simply refused to take all that blame. In the process hopefully some fans received an education. When a forward lets his check go or a dman blows his overage then a scored goal is not always the goalie's fault. I think that is all that Lou was pointing out, if indirectly.

#1581 Spotted Zebra

Spotted Zebra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:38 AM

Gillis asked for Gardiner + + for Luongo
Posted Image
Thanks Vintage Canuck!

#1582 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,900 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:40 AM

What you said basically can be said of any Canuck player just with different number figures, tones and words.

I know Luongo fans are mostly irrational but so are haters like you. If both parties are delusional, as a Canucks fan, i'd rather support crazy fans than crazy haters.

Not really. I dont think I can attack a forward for having a 3.5 GAA in a series.

But again maybe that is just me

#1583 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,900 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:46 AM

First off I side with keeping Schneider because fundamentally I think he is a better goalie and also because his CAP hit is friendlier.

Your suggestion that Lou threw his teammates under the bus instaed of accepting his own shortcomings is a bit out of line. The level of hockey knowledge exhibited by many Canuck fans hit it's zenith with a previous goalie Cloutier. Press and fans dumped on that kid unrelentingly for over 2 seasons. He sat back and took it when his d-core out front was a nightmare. None of the so called team leaders ie Naslund stood up in his defence.

Lou came into that atmosphere and simply refused to take all that blame. In the process hopefully some fans received an education. When a forward lets his check go or a dman blows his overage then a scored goal is not always the goalie's fault. I think that is all that Lou was pointing out, if indirectly.

The media picked up on when he didnt deserve blame. No one said anything about him his first year, (minus the minor criticism about being a ref on the overtime goal for the Ducks instead of a goalie).

However, ever since then he has continued bantering on his teammates and honestly as a fan that leaves a sour taste on your mouth and I am sure within the lockerrom atleast a bit as well. It is fine if we the fans rip on these players and blatantly criticise them in a open forum becasuse we are not on the team and within the lockerroom for 9 motnhs a year. However, for a player to consistently do that to the media is quite stupid. Also, then it puts Luongo to the same standard when he messes up. That is why the newspapers have had a field day with Luongo in my opinion. He threw other players around the bus and the Province and Sun make sure to hold him accountable when he messes up. Has it gone too far? Maybe, but then again Luongo started the ordeal.

Edited by canuckbeliever, 26 June 2012 - 08:47 AM.

#1584 Creid

Creid

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:08 AM

Not really. I dont think I can attack a forward for having a 3.5 GAA in a series.

But again maybe that is just me

but you can attack a group of forwards for 8 goals in 7 games in the series against Boston. So ya, you can blame the whole team not just Luongo.

#1585 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,017 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:11 AM

Kypreos on Connected with Taylor last night in uber dramatic mode, repeating all these rumours as gospel... :shock:

Took is as far as suggesting the Canucks coud waive Luongo and bury him in the AHL like Wade Reddon. So much fail in that kind of speculation. Why would the Canucks damage themselves to spite Luongo?

He either doesn't like the Canucks at all, and/or is very annoyed with Luongo, but in either case, he too jumped the gun based on the Eastern trolling...

Edited by oldnews, 26 June 2012 - 09:28 AM.

#1586 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,017 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:14 AM

Report: Rick Nash will only waive his NTC to go to the Ottawa Senators...

#1587 Hockey!?

Hockey!?

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

The media picked up on when he didnt deserve blame. No one said anything about him his first year, (minus the minor criticism about being a ref on the overtime goal for the Ducks instead of a goalie).

However, ever since then he has continued bantering on his teammates and honestly as a fan that leaves a sour taste on your mouth and I am sure within the lockerrom atleast a bit as well. It is fine if we the fans rip on these players and blatantly criticise them in a open forum becasuse we are not on the team and within the lockerroom for 9 motnhs a year. However, for a player to consistently do that to the media is quite stupid. Also, then it puts Luongo to the same standard when he messes up. That is why the newspapers have had a field day with Luongo in my opinion. He threw other players around the bus and the Province and Sun make sure to hold him accountable when he messes up. Has it gone too far? Maybe, but then again Luongo started the ordeal.

You don't know the first thing that goes on behind closed doors. Yet, you feel obligated to speculate on how Luongo has thrown his teammates underneath the proverbial bus.

Second, your "blame the goalie first" line of thought literally screams "I don't know the first thing about hockey." I would never consider you a fan, of any team, on the sole basis that you don't know the first thing about the sport you're watching. Maybe it's too complex for you to understand hockey is a team sport, and not a one-man show.

Edited by Hockey!?, 26 June 2012 - 09:17 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1588 komodo1970

komodo1970

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:21 AM

I totally agree, and now his selfish,me, me, me attitude is showing up again. I am watching Sportsnet and they, too, are saying that he has refused to waive his no trade clause to go to Toronto or Chicago. At first I thought this was too stupid to be true, but for Sportsnet to nationally announce this, in my mind, makes it more than rumor.

He just gave Florida the upper hand in any dealings. They now have the power to low ball on any trade. Screw that. Commit completely to Schneider. Make no bones about him being the starter. Sign him to starter money and term. I know it will handcuff us somewhat when it comes to signing free agents but I feel Lou needs a kick in the ass.

Make him show up to training camp. Make him play in front of irate fans during the preseason. Then sit him on the bench. Even if he's needed, make him sit. Show him absolute disrespect and force him to open up options. If he's going to limit us, return the favor.

The best case scenario may be for him to report. Then MG can suspend him indefinately without pay. He can sit at home and pout with his pouty wife. Sorry if this seams a bit out of line, but through out his career, it seems his wife has run his career and not his agent.

I just watched a scenario where MG waives Lou and he goes to the AHL. If, hypethetically, this happens; Does his salary drop?

Any way it goes, I think this should attest to how bad "no trade clauses" can be. The rest of the league should look at the mess Vancouver is in and ban them from any negotiations. They can be crippling and, as in this case, abused. I don't mind a limited no trade clause as long as the GM gets a big enough pool to work with (no less than 10 teams). In a 10 team scenario, at least two are gonna be in need of the player in question.

As the NHLPA likes to throw in the faces of ownership; It's a business first. MG needs to make sure he gets fair value for Lou and shouldn't fold to Lou's crap. If he doesn't get what is fair, keep him. Let him rot on the bench or send him to the AHL. Screw him.

#1589 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:28 AM

Yea, there's no way Lu is going anytime soon. Gillis' asking price is WAY too high.

“@botchford: At least luongo won't have to worry about his NTC for a while, if Canucks asking for Bjugstad-plus-plus and Jake Gardiner-plus-plus”

Those GM's might not even gives us those players straight up, forget ++.
Posted Image

#1590 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:38 AM

Look at the following link:

http://panthers.nhl.....htm?id=8466141

Panthers have already added Luongo to its roster. Isn't it a bit strange?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.