The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

I think MG is playing trade bait with TML and then Florida to play them against each other to see what is best we can get in return,MG does need to sooner then later trade Luo as Cory wants to know he is number 1 before he will sign a long term deal to stay here or come start of the season I fear he will say trade me now and then Luo and him both will be upset!Trade Luo now and get us something we can use to get Ryan and make us better.I say we trade Luo fast and then trade Raymon,Jernsen and Ballard for Bobby ryan!!Or use something we get in a trade to get him,he would be cheaper then going after nash and a right winger to play with Booth and kesler when he is back!

Let's give MG a little more credit here guys. After all we're in this together(if you're a Canuck fan). I honestly believe that both our goalies are in play - but that secretly Schneider is to be kept. But that shopping Schneider helps luongos value and creates a buzz(bringing more teams into the mix). The more teams involved = more value xtime. Torontos trade was a sign to me that they gave up as the asking price was high. If the asking price is high there is demand. We will get a good deal. Worst case scenario is keep luongo and take one of the best offers for Schneider or keep both and see what happens up to deadline.

The thing is - Gillis has also said there hasn't been a "list" of any sort, and Roberto has never given him a number of teams.

It's a guessing game what's real and what isn't - but think about it: If you were asked to leave the team would you really say "Okay, only here, or I stay!"

Probably not. I'm sure he DOES have some requests for places he'd go and not go, but that's probably all been done face to face or over the phone. And the reality is only a few people would know; Luongo's camp and the Canucks. It serves neither of them well to let it out if it were only one team and they let that slip. If Luongo really does only want Florida, and said that to Gillis - then assuredly Gillis would have told them "okay, I'll make that happen but I'm going to slip out word that it's a number of teams so I can get a good deal"

We won't know what's a bluff until a deal is done. It is fun to speculate though.

Luongo does not = elite prospects

Luongo is a good to average player under contract in need of a fresh start. (not elite).

Luongo = good to average player under contract in need of a fresh start. (not elite)

If you look around most of the deals made today are

Youth = Youth, Cody = Zack

Contract = Contract, Schenn = JVR

If you are sold on the panthers look at the roster pick good to average player under contract in need of a fresh start. (not elite)

If you are sold on Bjugstad, Petrovic, Theodore proposal = Elite youth

try Cory in for Luo and you will probably have a deal.

You lost me at Luongo is a good to average player... If that is the case, Carter is a good to average player with a near identical contract = two elite young prospects... Richards ditto. Staal ditto. Luongo has 284 wins in his last 8 seasons - that's 35.5 wins a year (and the first of those 8 was a 35 win season in Florida) - I realize you "hate" Luongo - but there is nothing "average" about that. Just by comparison, Brodeur has 291. Just a pair of good to average Canadian Olympic goaltenders I suppose.

We will see I guess, I say Elite is one thing and you say it another, Tom Barraso got alot of wins too

Canada's Olympic Goalies are Ward and Price today.

Time to shave off your Mullet and live in the present.

Luongo was elite before the Chicago meltdowns, he is now a Vezina RUNNER UP, a Stanley Cup FINALIST. and of course NWD Champion

He cant even win a Vezina, fricken Jim Cary can even do that.

You think Will Ferrell is cool, I just assumed you are a bit behind in the times.

that combined with the fact that you think Luongo is even close to the top of the NHL in value.

I cant wait,

can you photo shop a foot in Anchorman's mouth?

Archived