Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4386 replies to this topic

#1771 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

Here's another tweet from him:

@HockeyyInsiderr
Lupul+Kulemin+Komisarek+2013 1st rounder for Raymond+Sauve+Luongo+2013 4th rounder. #Leafs #Canucks As per 1 Vancouver source.

I heard somewhere that Lupul HATES us and was ripping us throughout the 2011 playoffs. Does anyone remember?

Why throw Kulemin and Raymond into the mix?
Posted Image

#1772 rkoshack

rkoshack

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:45 PM

Here's another tweet from him:

@HockeyyInsiderr
Lupul+Kulemin+Komisarek+2013 1st rounder for Raymond+Sauve+Luongo+2013 4th rounder. #Leafs #Canucks As per 1 Vancouver source.

Way too much salary coming back

Lupul - $4.25 million
Komisarek - $4.5 million
Kulemin(RFA) - $2.35 million

#1773 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:46 PM

Way too much salary coming back

Lupul - $4.25 million
Komisarek - $4.5 million
Kulemin(RFA) - $2.35 million

Because it isn't a real trade

#1774 Sully2Cool

Sully2Cool

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:52 PM

Report: Luongo won’t accept deal to Chicago or Toronto, only Florida

Roberto Luongo has been drawing all sorts of trade interest this summer, especially from Brian Burke and the Maple Leafs, but if reports are to be believed, he doesn’t have any interest in going to Toronto.
Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch tweets this morning that, according to his sources, Luongo has declined to waive his no-trade clause to go to either Toronto or Chicago and will only agree to do so for a deal to the Florida Panthers.
While Toronto and Florida are known entities in the hunt for Luongo at this point, Portzline reported last night on Twitter that Chicago was also an interested party. Go ahead and take a minute to wrap your head around that possibility. The Panthers, of course, are one of Luongo’s former teams and South Florida is an area Luongo loves.
Should this report hold true through the summer, Canucks GM Mike Gillis is going to have quite a battle on his hands with Florida GM Dale Tallon, who’s said he wouldn’t give up the farm to get Luongo

Roberto Luongo has been drawing all sorts of trade interest this summer, especially from Brian Burke and the Maple Leafs, but if reports are to be believed, he doesn’t have any interest in going to Toronto.
Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch tweets this morning that, according to his sources, Luongo has declined to waive his no-trade cl
Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch tweets this morning that, according to his sources, Luongo has declined to waive his no-trade clause to go to either Toronto or Chicago and will only agree to do so for a deal to the Florida Panthers.
While Toronto and Florida are known entities in the hunt for Luongo at this point, Portzline reported last night on Twitter that Chicago was also an interested party. Go ahead and take a minute to wrap your head around that possibility. The Panthers, of course, are one of Luongo’s former teams and South Florida is an area Luongo loves.
Should this report hold true through the summer, Canucks GM Mike Gillis is going to have quite a battle on his hands with Florida GM Dale Tallon, who’s said he wouldn’t give up the farm to get Luongo
ause to go to either Toronto or Chicago and will only agree to do so for a deal to the Florida Panthers.

http://prohockeytalk...o-only-florida/

Edited by Sully2Cool, 26 June 2012 - 09:54 PM.

Posted Image

#1775 thundernuts

thundernuts

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:53 PM

That trade would make me stop supporting the team (Vancouver).

Why? Looks like a decent return.

Edited by thundernuts, 27 June 2012 - 08:42 AM.

Posted Image

#1776 rkoshack

rkoshack

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:55 PM

Dreger said today that MG is asking for Gudbranson or Huberdeau. No wonder a trade hasn't happened yet. No way Tallon gives up either of them

#1777 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,941 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:04 PM

Report: Luongo won’t accept deal to Chicago or Toronto, only Florida

Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch tweets this morning that, according to his sources, Luongo has declined to waive his no-trade cl
ause to go to either Toronto or Chicago and will only agree to do so for a deal to the Florida Panthers.

http://prohockeytalk...o-only-florida/

http://bit.ly/MlN42u

On Monday, Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Post-Dispatch tweeted that Luongo, to this point, had declined to waive his no-trade clause to the Blackhawks or Leafs and was using that clause to steer a trade toward the Panthers.
This, naturally, inspired a flood of stories from the various theorists who inhabit cyberspace and, in short order, the story had morphed from Luongo trying to influence a deal to Luongo rejecting a trade to Leafs (the headline on Slam Sports’ website).
We can’t say much for certain about this saga. But we can say that is categorically false.

#1778 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,317 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:15 PM

Why is Lupul trending in Canada? :blink:

307mg00.jpg

#1779 Bingo Chili

Bingo Chili

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:27 PM

One of Huberdeau, Gudbranson or Bjugstad in a package deal :towel:

#1780 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,285 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:29 PM

Why is Lupul trending in Canada? :blink:

He's trending worldwide. Got caught dm'ing a chick for nude pics. LOL!

Subbancopy.jpg

#1781 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:31 PM

If I am MG, the player I am targetting in all of this is Bjugstad.....he's everything the Canucks now, and in the future........from reports I am reading, he is near NHL ready and he brings the game they need.

He's a big boy who plays big
He's a 200 ft player (can score, or shut down, block shots)
He's a strong skater
good hockey sense in every zone
can score with skill and with grit down low

Huberdeau could be a superstar, but he could also Daigle out due to his small frame........Gudbranson would be outstanding as well, but I think Bjugstad is the one that MG should be after.

#1782 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,916 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:34 PM

If I am MG, the player I am targetting in all of this is Bjugstad.....he's everything the Canucks now, and in the future........from reports I am reading, he is near NHL ready and he brings the game they need.

He's a strong skater

Huberdeau could be a superstar, but he could also Daigle out due to his small frame........Gudbranson would be outstanding as well, but I think Bjugstad is the one that MG should be after.

Agree with Bjugstad. I hope MG can get Tallon to add Versteeg to the deal.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#1783 The Architect

The Architect

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:36 PM

Luongo for:

From Florida: Bjugstad+Upshall

From Toronto: Kulemin+Franson+2nd

From Chicago: + our 1st + sauve for P. Kane

That is all.
Sig too big.

THANK YOU P R O L I F I C for the incredible signature!

#1784 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:40 PM

He's a strong skater

Posted Image

#1785 The Purple Panda

The Purple Panda

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:42 PM

Dreger said today that MG is asking for Gudbranson or Huberdeau. No wonder a trade hasn't happened yet. No way Tallon gives up either of them

I'm trying to figure it out but whats so good about Gudbranson. He got 8 or something points last season and was a -19. Then in the playoffs he didn't produce at all. Yes hes only 20 but aren't their better defensman than him that are that age.

Jensen > Kassian
Gillis dropped the ball on the Hodgson trade.
If Kassian ever becomes a 30 goal scorer I will pierce my nipples.

#1786 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,285 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:44 PM

I'm trying to figure it out but whats so good about Gudbranson. He got 8 or something points last season and was a -19. Then in the playoffs he didn't produce at all. Yes hes only 20 but aren't their better defensman than him that are that age.

He's a young shut down defenseman. Wouldn't read too much into a rookies plus/minus.

Subbancopy.jpg

#1787 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,107 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

Wouldn't read too much into a rookies plus/minus.

Unless they've posted a positive +/-, at which point everyone salivates and overhypes them :lol:

#1788 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,285 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:53 PM

Unless they've posted a positive +/-, at which point everyone salivates and overhypes them :lol:

On Florida posting a positive +\- is an accomplishment for sure.

Subbancopy.jpg

#1789 The Purple Panda

The Purple Panda

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:56 PM

On Florida posting a positive +\- is an accomplishment for sure.

Well they did make the playoffs sooo....

Jensen > Kassian
Gillis dropped the ball on the Hodgson trade.
If Kassian ever becomes a 30 goal scorer I will pierce my nipples.

#1790 Lups

Lups

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,499 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:06 PM

Luongo. If he is not traded, he will be booed so hard here.

ifcoyb.jpg

Signature Credit goes to Vintage Canuck___________small.pngGM - STHS

NHL: Vancouver&Toronto / MLB: Toronto / NBA: Dallas / NFL: Philadelphia

#1791 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,285 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:16 PM

Well they did make the playoffs sooo....

What does that have to do with +\-?

Look at Ehrhoffs in his last year in San Jose.

Subbancopy.jpg

#1792 jimsandlak83

jimsandlak83

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:24 PM

He's a strong skater

I agree on this completely. I would be extremely happy if we could get him alone.

#1793 Systemaddict

Systemaddict

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:25 PM

You ALWAYS ask for more than you realistically expect to get, why wouldn't you. You're testing waters and gauging responses. This is true when bartering on the streets or in markets and when negotiating multimillion dollar deals. Tallon will offer something stupid like a 4th Rounder and Weiss for Luongo and Jensen. Then they'll both say "no way in Hell" and work toward a middle. If they get there - deal happens. If they don't...meh.

#1794 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,916 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:29 PM

This is interesting...

from @HockeyInsiderr:

"More rumours galore tomorrow. Working on a story on #Leafs and #CBJ for Nash. Hearing its linked to #Canucks deal somehow. Update tomorrow."

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#1795 Dr.G

Dr.G

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:29 PM

Do you know how rare it is to have a defender at that age in the NHL? Defenders take arguably the longest time of any position to be NHL ready. The fact that he's there as a 20 year old is exceptional.

+/- is a deceiving stat. A couple seasons ago Kesler was only a +1, and was a finalist for the Selke trophy.

#1796 Systemaddict

Systemaddict

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:30 PM

I agree on this completely. I would be extremely happy if we could get him alone.

Still Risky. He hasn't played in the NHL -- so what happens if he doesn't workout? I realize that's the same with any prospect ...but trading a top-level goalie that would help 20 NHL teams get better instantly isn't something you probably want to throw away on pure risk. Without a pick or another player/s involved, that deal doesn't make a ton of sense.

That's not to mention that Florida wouldn't take 10 million and a 5.33 caphit and not give anything back.

#1797 Systemaddict

Systemaddict

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:47 PM

+/- is a deceiving stat. A couple seasons ago Kesler was only a +1, and was a finalist for the Selke trophy.

I agree about it taking a long time. But as far as plus/minus being deceiving....it CAN be, sure. But it can give yous some info in broad strokes. - 19 is a concern. On a bad team...it's understandable. i'd also say because of his age - that's not a worry now.

#1798 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:48 PM

This is interesting...

from @HockeyInsiderr:

"More rumours galore tomorrow. Working on a story on #Leafs and #CBJ for Nash. Hearing its linked to #Canucks deal somehow. Update tomorrow."

HE IS NOT LEGIT
HIS "SOURCE" WAS ME MESSING WITH HIM

#1799 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:15 AM

Luongo for:

From Florida: Bjugstad+Upshall

From Toronto: Kulemin+Franson+2nd

From Chicago: + our 1st + sauve for P. Kane

That is all.

I doubt Lu would be open to head to Chicago. He hates them and they hate him. And the same vise-versa for Kaner. Kane is an arrogant guy who hasn't grown up or matured as a person yet. He's a fantastic player, but he lacks character. I don't want him.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#1800 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:32 AM

One of Huberdeau, Gudbranson or Bjugstad in a package deal :towel:

wont happen , be realistic and maybe Kulikov or heck i think Brian Campbell would be perfect for both teams , Both players are 33 and we got off with only 4 years left in his deal for 7 and we get a real puck moving dman that can QB the powerplay
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.