Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4386 replies to this topic

#1831 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:26 PM

Luongo's a great goaltender, but after reading what everyone is writing, I think he needs a fresh start. The majority of fans obviously can't stand him, even though he has been our BEST goaltender for a long time, so I think he should be traded. He doesn't deserve this crap.
Posted Image

#1832 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,495 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:40 PM

Luongo and Ballard for Phaneuf and Armstrong.

#1833 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

Luongo and Ballard for Phaneuf and Armstrong.

Canucks 6th round from 2014 to Leafs' 7th from 2013. Advantage goes to us since the pick will be pro ready in 1 year less.
Posted Image

#1834 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,591 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:47 PM

http://thehockeywrit...y-no-to-luongo/
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#1835 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,374 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:52 PM

Something tells me Luongo's agent has been leaking stuff out to the media about Luongo only wanting to go to Florida.

It's probably hurting Gillis's bargaining position.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#1836 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:54 PM

We should have 10 writers countering blogs like that to change the public's mind.

Their main argument is that Theodore comes cheap... but they don't say he only has 1 year left. If he keeps this good play up he will ask for a pay raise or walk. And Markstrom is not ready.
Posted Image

#1837 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:55 PM

Something tells me Luongo's agent has been leaking stuff out to the media about Luongo only wanting to go to Florida.

It's probably hurting Gillis's bargaining position.

With FL maybe, but not TOR.
Posted Image

#1838 TRR

TRR

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

take this as you will, but:

Sources say Brian Burke is on a flight to Vancouver RIGHT NOW as we speak (or so he was 2 hours ago) #Leafs #Canucks Trying to finalize deal

#Leafs I can 100% confirm that another #Canucks player being discussed apart from Luongo is Mason Raymond. From sources within his family.

Another player the #Leafs would like included in the deal is #CanucksYann Sauve.

The big piece that the #Canucks want going back from the #Leafs is Lupul. Sources unclear whether or not Burke is ready to accept this.

Another name #Canucks would like to get is Kulemin. #Leafs ready to part with him IF the deal is right.

Also, Burke would like to include Komisarek in the deal. Swap 2 bad contracts. Seems Gillis is ready to take him. #Leafs #Canucks

Lupul+ Kulemin+ Komisarek+ 2013 1st rounder for Raymond+Sauve+Luongo+2013 4th rounder. #Leafs #Canucks As per 1 Vancouver source

source: http://twitter.com/#...ockeyyInsiderr/

Edited by TRR, 27 June 2012 - 02:35 PM.

Posted Image

#1839 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:47 PM

^^^^ Highly doubt this is the package MG has been holding out for. Approximately $11.5 million in cap hits coming back for approx $7.5 mill going the other way. I wouldn't do that deal. The cap isn't the only reason. There is no one descent coming back except for Kulemin and he had an off year last year.

Edited by WHL rocks, 27 June 2012 - 02:50 PM.

#1840 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,374 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:47 PM

^^^Already been determined to be fake.

Posted Image

#1841 Bill F-ing Murray

Bill F-ing Murray

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:48 PM

take this as you will, but:

source: http://twitter.com/#...ockeyyInsiderr/

This is an invalid source hockeyyInsiderr

Posted Image

Thank you for particapating

Posted Image

“Since the beginning of recorded history, which is defined by the invention of writing by the Sumerians around 6,000 years ago, historians have cataloged over 3700 supernatural beings, of which 2870 can be considered deities.

So next time someone tells me they believe in God, I’ll say “Oh which one? Zeus? Hades? Jupiter? Mars? Odin? Thor? Krishna? Vishnu? Ra?…” If they say “Just God. I only believe in the one God,”

I’ll point out that they are nearly as atheistic as me.I don’t believe in 2,870 gods, and they don’t believe in 2,869.”

Ricky Gervais

#1842 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,374 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:51 PM

Why does Toronto think that Thomas is still an option? Did he not say he was taking next season off to be with his family?

But I'm sure if Toronto came calling he'd suddenly change his mind...

Posted Image

#1843 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,473 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:53 PM

Why does Toronto think that Thomas is still an option? Did he not say he was taking next season off to be with his family?

But I'm sure if Toronto came calling he'd suddenly change his mind...

Imagine them having Thomas and Luongo as their tandem? LOL

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#1844 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,631 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:56 PM

More of the same sort of opinion that's floated around here every day by one troll or another. Here's all you need to know about this "hockey writer":

Karl Selvig

Karl Selvig was born and raised in south Florida, and was introduced to hockey when the NHL came to Miami in 1993. It was love at first sight. After playing through college, he turned to the media side of the sport and has enjoyed writing about his beloved Panthers since 2007.

Edited by RUPERTKBD, 27 June 2012 - 02:58 PM.

Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#1845 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,444 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:56 PM

Is there a real twitter or is it all fake?

#1846 rotiman187

rotiman187

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:00 PM

Can't sunday come any faster!
Posted Image

#1847 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,473 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:01 PM

Can't sunday come any faster!

I'm so sick of this wait. So sick in fact that I'm staying up till 5 every night and sleeping in till 2 just to help pass the time.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#1848 Systemaddict

Systemaddict

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:02 PM

Is there a real twitter or is it all fake?

Just gotta be discerning, like everything you read on the internet. When a guy makes a twitter account, posts rumors the uses alternative accounts to post his 'credibility'...then it being fake isn't even the worst thing. It's just sad.

Stick to the Bob McKenzies and Dreggers and you'll be okay.

#1849 nazzymx

nazzymx

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:03 PM

Oh man! Yesterday I dreamt something about Luongo and today I keep checking tweeter regarding Schultz. I'm going crazy!!!! can't wait for July 1st!!!
Go Canucks Go------~

#1850 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,374 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:05 PM

Imagine them having Thomas and Luongo as their tandem? LOL

Maybe Luongo could finally get his tires pumped...

Posted Image

#1851 Niklas Jensen

Niklas Jensen

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:08 PM

and If Schneider is trying hit the home run contract, I say trade his ass out of town
Our D's must make opponent fowards going to the net PAY THE PRICE

#1852 cdubuya

cdubuya

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

Oh man! Yesterday I dreamt something about Luongo and today I keep checking tweeter regarding Schultz. I'm going crazy!!!! can't wait for July 1st!!!

imagine how much more bumpin this place would be if we were a rangers message board. Those guys always sign the big free agents. They've signed so many high profile ones in the last 5 years that you wouldn't have known there was a salary cap. Most of them end up just getting buried/traded our boughtout anyway. Im not sure why more GMs don't employ this strategy. Give big money with no NTC and then move them for assets later. Gomez fetched McDonough for NYR. Michalek just fetched a 3rd round pick to go back to the team that let him walk in the first place.

The problem with MG is he gives out too many NTCs to save money and we have no liquid assets ever meaning we get stuck with boring July 1st/ trade deadline again and again. Hopefully this year will be different.
Posted Image

#1853 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,473 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

This is what a CTV guy fell for:

"Canucks have traded Roberto Luongo to Florida for Jacob Markstrom, Stephen Weiss, and a 3rd round pick."

It was from a fake Pierre LeBrun twitter account.

#1854 RonnieColeman

RonnieColeman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:36 PM

Hahaha don't read any of those "hockeyinsiderr" tweets, he claims Burke flew out to VAN, when Bob Mckenzie stated a couple hours that EDM gm and assist. Gm were in Toronto as well as VANs gillis and gilman to make final pitches for Schultz who is in Toronto right now, Bob also said Burke would be making a pitch IF they're still in the running, which there may be doubt of they are

#1855 TRR

TRR

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:38 PM

This is an invalid source hockeyyInsiderr

Posted Image

Thank you for particapating

Any particular reason for being a dick? I was simply posting what I had seen - I didn't deem it to be 100% accurate.
Posted Image

#1856 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:45 PM

Just gotta be discerning, like everything you read on the internet. When a guy makes a twitter account, posts rumors the uses alternative accounts to post his 'credibility'...then it being fake isn't even the worst thing. It's just sad.

Stick to the Bob McKenzies and Dreggers and you'll be okay.

Dregger is just a mouth piece for the Leafs. He's Dave Nonis' brother in law. I consider DD to be the Leafs propaganda minister.

Mckenzie is so predictable its not even funny. I can say the things Mac says. Today on Sports Centre he said this about Shultz, paraphrasing,
"is he going to win the Norris next year? pbbly not, Is he someone who can fit into a team's top 4 for the next 10 years? pbbly."

That's so stupid, who can't predict what Mckenzie just said. He asks rhetorical questions and answers them in every interview I hear or see him in. Most annoying analyst out there.

Did Mackenzie give any indication of who Schultz was going to sign with? No he didn't. Does Mackenzie know who Schultz is going to sign with? No he doesn't. Is Justin Schultz going to sign with an NHL team in the near future? Yes he is.

#1857 TmanVan

TmanVan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:37 PM

Dregger is just a mouth piece for the Leafs. He's Dave Nonis' brother in law. I consider DD to be the Leafs propaganda minister.

Mckenzie is so predictable its not even funny. I can say the things Mac says. Today on Sports Centre he said this about Shultz, paraphrasing,
"is he going to win the Norris next year? pbbly not, Is he someone who can fit into a team's top 4 for the next 10 years? pbbly."

That's so stupid, who can't predict what Mckenzie just said. He asks rhetorical questions and answers them in every interview I hear or see him in. Most annoying analyst out there.

Did Mackenzie give any indication of who Schultz was going to sign with? No he didn't. Does Mackenzie know who Schultz is going to sign with? No he doesn't. Is Justin Schultz going to sign with an NHL team in the near future? Yes he is.

Dude Bobby Mac is one of the best hockey writers/insiders out there. You're grilling him because he stated the obvious, so what? At least he has half a brain..... can't say the same about Kypreos, Button, Milbury, and most the other tards they have on tv.

#1858 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:47 PM

To the Burke flying to Vancouver thing. Unless BB is a moron and doesnt realize that Gillis and Aqualini are in Toronto to meet Schultz then he isnt flying to Vancouver.

I had my doubts about this insider and they are confirmed by the Burke flying to Vancouver tweet

#1859 Bill F-ing Murray

Bill F-ing Murray

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:05 PM

Any particular reason for being a dick? I was simply posting what I had seen - I didn't deem it to be 100% accurate.

Well this morning I woke up and decided that today I will be nice and give something to someone and it all due respect it is a nice ribbon and not everyone gets one, so feel special and look at the source before posting mmmkay.

I have had free time and have been reading many posts on the CDC and this source has come up a few times like samjam99/eklund so i felt the need to post my displeasure.

Posted Image

“Since the beginning of recorded history, which is defined by the invention of writing by the Sumerians around 6,000 years ago, historians have cataloged over 3700 supernatural beings, of which 2870 can be considered deities.

So next time someone tells me they believe in God, I’ll say “Oh which one? Zeus? Hades? Jupiter? Mars? Odin? Thor? Krishna? Vishnu? Ra?…” If they say “Just God. I only believe in the one God,”

I’ll point out that they are nearly as atheistic as me.I don’t believe in 2,870 gods, and they don’t believe in 2,869.”

Ricky Gervais

#1860 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:05 PM

HockeyyInsiderr is not a legitimate source. All of his Canucks "rumours" were from me. I posted proof of it on page 59. Stop posting his crap.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.