The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

FLA is a better team than the Laffs

It's far better having a goalie that wants to perform for you

The Panthers have better assets to trade

This will piss Burke off, then again he seems happy with his goal situation as stated be him :picard:

all in all I think this could be a good development for us

get 'r' done

I think eventually Tallon will give us Bjugstad. MG has been saying all along he wants a big center with skill, so I'm sure him and Tallon will come to an agreement. He just wants another center then.

How about this:

To Florida: Luongo, Schroder

To Vancouver: Bjugstad, Upshall

?

Of course he's within his rights to stipulate his preferred destination, but if he truly wants out of Vancouver, he's making it virtually impossible. As it sits right now, he's "within his rights" to ride the pine in Vancity, or as Bob McKenzie suggests, earn his big bucks in A Wolves uni.

Sorry, I'm just trying to be objective - you know, removing my Blue & Green glasses for a bit...

Yes, it was a blown defensive call - but it still was a soft goal.

I didn't say Luongo was to be blamed - I simply said it wasn't really him that won us the gold...

Why does no one ever talk about the freakin' GINOURMOUS save Luongo made on Dan Boyle to send the puck the other way for the game winning goal?

Boyle in all alone in OT, tries to go high glove side, Roberto shoulder save. I thought the dream was over. And Luongo gets no credit for that one.

I was at the game. I saw it right in front of me. The tension was insane. Most players could hardly skate, let alone make plays.

That is PRESSURE. And Roberto showed up BIG time.

Syd did jack all until he scored that goal. And he's the hero?

All Roberto did was win four straight games with everything on the line to win Gold for Canada. My motto was four games to glory.

Roberto deserves be a legend for his play in the Olympics. To me he is.

The fact that he gets so little recognition for his contribution in that tournament is beyond comprehension.

Why anyone should have to defend the best goalie the Canucks have ever had is beyond comprehension.

How spoiled are we?

Why does no one ever talk about the freakin' GINOURMOUS save Luongo made on Dan Boyle to send the puck the other way for the game winning goal?

Boyle in all alone in OT, tries to go high glove side, Roberto shoulder save. I thought the dream was over. And Luongo gets no credit for that one.

I was at the game. I saw it right in front of me. The tension was insane. Most players could hardly skate, let alone make plays.

That is PRESSURE. And Roberto showed up BIG time.

Syd did jack all until he scored that goal. And he's the hero?

All Roberto did was win four straight games with everything on the line to win Gold for Canada. My motto was four games to glory.

Roberto deserves be a legend for his play in the Olympics. To me he is.

The fact that he gets so little recognition for his contribution in that tournament is beyond comprehension.

Why anyone should have to defend the best goalie the Canucks have ever had is beyond comprehension.

How spoiled are we?

ThisFlorida is rebuilding, they have Markstrom and they know MG is limited on who he can trade Luongo too, we are not getting a top prospect out of Florida.a big contract for a big contract trade seems reasonable, plus the Canucks could use a good offensive Dmen like Campbell to fill the void that was been vacent ever since Ehroff left.

Archived