The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

Guest Dasein

Why wouldn't the Canucks go hard for Jonathon Huberdeau? I would package Tanev and Luongo to make it happen. Especially if we get Schultz.

The Score has also reported this. It cites the Columbus Dispatch as its source.

http://www.thescore....s-not-for-leafs

The Toronto Sun cites the same report.

http://www.torontosu...to-leafs-report

As of now, Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch is the individual with all the information.

He tweeted this twelve hours ago:

Since then, he has mostly been discussing the Blue Jackets' off-season plans.

ok folks I'm gonna explain why this rumour immediately smells of steer dung

Why would Luongo go public with such a demand?

If Luongo wanted to, and was only wiling to go to Florida, the surest way of putting a roadblock in the proceedings is to make that known publicly. The intuitive result would be to eliminate the bidding competition and make it harder for GMMG to get a deal done. If Luongo wants to go to Florida, the wise thing to do is mum the word. Luongo is not an idiot, he is not an a$$, and he isn't out to sabotage the Canucks. Anyone with the slightest sense of tactical negotiating would know that to make such a declaration is not even in the interests of Luongo, even if you're assuming he has separated his interests from the Canucks interests.

This is a case of lazy, loose journalism, plain and simple.

Luongo makes fun of all the reports and rumors daily on twitter. The truth is nobody knows nothing. MG has always said that he wants trades airtight from the media and Burke is probably thinking the same. All the news is simply gossip and armchair gm's.

Incarcerated Bob@incarceratedbob

@Roiber2001 Working on it... Gardiner not on the table at this time#Confirmed

EDIT: I think this Incarcerated Bob should become a valid source, because he was one of the first to announce the Schenn <---> van Riemsdyk trade in February at the time of the injury, and again the other day.

He also got the Youkilis to Chicago White Sox and other trades before other sources. Either he is a valid sourse or he has a good source like a higher power (not God lol)

But I think he should be considered valid.

Guest Dasein

Incarcerated Bob@incarceratedbob

@Roiber2001 Working on it... Gardiner not on the table at this time#Confirmed

I think this Incarcerated Bob should become a valid source, because he was one of the first to announce the Schenn <---> van Riemsdyk trade in February at the time of the injury, and again the other day.

He also got the Youkilis to Chicago White Sox and other trades before other sources. Either he is a valid sourse or he has a good source like a higher power (not God lol)

But I think he should be considered valid.

ok folks I'm gonna explain why this rumour immediately smells of steer dung

Why would Luongo go public with such a demand?

If Luongo wanted to, and was only wiling to go to Florida, the surest way of putting a roadblock in the proceedings is to make that known publicly. The intuitive result would be to eliminate the bidding competition and make it harder for GMMG to get a deal done. If Luongo wants to go to Florida, the wise thing to do is mum the word. Luongo is not an idiot, he is not an a$$, and he isn't out to sabotage the Canucks. Anyone with the slightest sense of tactical negotiating would know that to make such a declaration is not even in the interests of Luongo, even if you're assuming he has separated his interests from the Canucks interests.

This is a case of lazy, loose journalism, plain and simple.

No YOU ARE the IDIOT if you think Raymond and Gragnani fit our organizational needs more than a big third line center and a Rd prospect who actually finishes a check once in a while. Petrovic is 6'4 and is a punishing hitter with a booming shot. Matthias is also 6'4 and has 3rd line shut down capabilities. Makes us younger and Bigger. Last time I checked these wre some of the things Gillis said he wanted.

Next time do your homework comrade!

No YOU ARE the IDIOT if you think Raymond and Gragnani fit our organizational needs more than a big third line center and a Rd prospect who actually finishes a check once in a while. Petrovic is 6'4 and is a punishing hitter with a booming shot. Matthias is also 6'4 and has 3rd line shut down capabilities. Makes us younger and Bigger. Last time I checked these wre some of the things Gillis said he wanted.

Next time do your homework comrade!

Archived