Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

This topic is in the process of being archived.
4386 replies to this topic

#2401 MikeBossy

MikeBossy

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:53 PM

LOL

Thanks to R.Luongo. for the amazing sig

#2402 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,007 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

Who ever runs that fake account is a moron.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#2403 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,727 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

Who ever runs that fake account is a moron.

I just made that up. It's not from anything.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#2404 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,007 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:03 PM

I just made that up. It's not from anything.

Oh lol. My bad.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#2405 KSniper88

KSniper88

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:08 PM

The Panthers...
Word is Luongo is a growing possibility but Florida still refusing to part with a major player. Best I have heard is Scottie Upshall and Jose Theodore (who would be included in any deal for Luongo)

http://www.hockeybuz...Brodeur/1/45324

#2406 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,727 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:09 PM

WTF?

Upshall and Theodore is the best their willing to offer?

They can keep them. We'll trade Luongo to New Jersey.

Posted Image

#2407 GMantooth

GMantooth

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

if that is the "best" offer no wonder Gillis is waiting. that is a horrible return. I'd rather have a starter as a backup than theo and upshall. that trade makes no sense

"I think it's time to move on." RL1 @GrizzlyMantooth"It was what it was." TB44

#2408 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,007 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:12 PM

Since its hockeybuzz that means Upshall + Theodore wasn't Florida's best offer right? ;)

#2409 Samuel Påhlsson

Samuel Påhlsson

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:13 PM

Tallon give in, you know you want to.

SYvE9NH.gif

#2410 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,727 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:15 PM

Since its hockeybuzz that means Upshall + Theodore wasn't Florida's best offer right? ;)

Hah. Pretty much.

There's no way that could be a serious offer. Gillis would likely hang up the phone immediately.

We're not taking a bunch of their spare parts for a top goaltender. Makes you wonder what the piece that they're not willing to offer is though. From previous reports, it was rumored to be Gudbranson or Huberdeau.

Posted Image

#2411 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,885 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:17 PM

Hah. Pretty much.

There's no way that could be a serious offer. Gillis would likely hang up the phone immediately.

We're not taking a bunch of their spare parts for a top goaltender. Makes you wonder what the piece that they're not willing to offer is though. From previous reports, it was rumored to be Gudbranson or Huberdeau.

As I've said before, I'd rather have Bjugstad than Huberdeau...........If I were MG, I'd be willing to trade Lu stright up for Bjugstad or Gudbrandson

#2412 goblix

goblix

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:21 PM

As I've said before, I'd rather have Bjugstad than Huberdeau...........If I were MG, I'd be willing to trade Lu stright up for Bjugstad or Gudbrandson

add in rights to Garrison and Theodore.. woo

#2413 GMantooth

GMantooth

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:21 PM

eventually someone will offer something of reasonable worth coming back. according to capgeek's ufa goalies for tomorrow the list of starters starts and ends with brodeur (who is most likely just trying to get a longer contract). all the other options are career backups. tomorrow should prove interesting...

http://www.capgeek.c...s_type=ICE_TIME

"I think it's time to move on." RL1 @GrizzlyMantooth"It was what it was." TB44

#2414 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,727 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:23 PM

I would too. But that was just the rumored asking price.

Gillis has to stick to his guns on this one. They're not gonna dump a bunch of bad contracts that they don't want on us like they did with Reinprecht.

I would take 1 elite prospect over any amount of average players they'd be willing to offer us.

Posted Image

#2415 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,817 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:27 PM

It makes sense that Upshall and Theodore would be included in the deal. Upshall is a cap dump, 3.5 mil for 30 points, Theodore is that veteran back up we need behind Schneider. These would be pieces of the puzzle, but not the whole deal. A top prospect or decent roster player would HAVE to come back our way.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#2416 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,885 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

I would too. But that was just the rumored asking price.

Gillis has to stick to his guns on this one. They're not gonna dump a bunch of bad contracts that they don't want on us like they did with Reinprecht.

I would take 1 elite prospect over any amount of average players they'd be willing to offer us.

I do think Tallon will surrender one of his big three eventually.........Florida is ranked #1 (granted by hockey futures) in prospect depth, especially down the middle.........they can afford to let one of them go, and Bjugstad is the one they've put the least into thus far, and he's the one that would best fit what the Canucks are looking for.

above post..........I'd rather see MG move Lu for a draft pick than include Upshall in any kind of deal

Edited by stawns, 30 June 2012 - 02:32 PM.

#2417 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,885 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:31 PM

dp

Edited by stawns, 30 June 2012 - 02:32 PM.

#2418 Pasific Coluseum

Pasific Coluseum

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

I do think Tallon will surrender one of his big three eventually.........Florida is ranked #1 (granted by hockey futures) in prospect depth, especially down the middle.........they can afford to let one of them go, and Bjugstad is the one they've put the least into thus far, and he's the one that would best fit what the Canucks are looking for.

above post..........I'd rather see MG move Lu for a draft pick than include Upshall in any kind of deal

Not happening. Whatever team that Luongo is traded for will be sending a salary dump the other way to offset the Luo's cap hit.
Your not going to get a GM to give you a high draft pick for Luongo straight up. Not even Millbury would be that stupid

#2419 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,007 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:46 PM

Not happening. Whatever team that Luongo is traded for will be sending a salary dump the other way to offset the Luo's cap hit.
Your not going to get a GM to give you a high draft pick for Luongo straight up. Not even Millbury would be that stupid

I really don't feel like explaining how much of a moron you are, thinking that Luongo will only get a cap dump in return.

#2420 Samuel Påhlsson

Samuel Påhlsson

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:49 PM

Unless this "Cap Dump" plays at the same level as Luongo, then it ain't gonna happen.

SYvE9NH.gif

#2421 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,885 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:51 PM

i disagree...........theres plenty of teams who can absorb Lu's salary and would be willing to do it.......I think if MG sticks to his guns, Fla is one them

#2422 kodos

kodos

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

It's shaping up to be an exciting day for the Canucks tomorrow, which almost certainly means that nothing will happen
Posted Image

#2423 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

WTF?

Upshall and Theodore is the best their willing to offer?

They can keep them. We'll trade Luongo to New Jersey.

Meh. Gillis high-balled them. They low-balled us back. They will continue to discuss until they agree on a middle ground

#2424 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:21 PM

Meh. Gillis high-balled them. They low-balled us back. They will continue to discuss until they agree on a middle ground

I think the important piece is a 3rd line centre. Give them a forward like raymond as well as Luongo and in return, get Bjugstad and a cap dump like Upshall or someone.

We can obtain top-6 forwards like Doan,Mueller, and Huselius through Free Agency as well as defence-men like Garrison,Carle and Allen. The important thing is getting that 3rd line centre. Gaustad will be too pricey and is VERY slow.
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#2425 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,098 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:35 PM

I don't think so.........I think MG has to rectify this situation as soon as possible.........though I don't think the locker room would be affected much, the distraction of it hanging over their heads in the media (and multimedia) would be detrimental.........I just don't see MG letting this go on much longer.

I don't see Brodeur not ending his career in NJ and when Tallon realizes this, he will let Bjugstad go.........imo

Agree about Brodeur, he's not going anywhere. Now that Schultz is out of the way the focus can return back to Lou. While I can see MG stalling until early in the season when failing goaltenders could be replaced, I agree that an early deal is preferable. If MG does sign a UFA right side dman like Garrison or Allen then it will allow him to wait out a deal he likes. Added pressure on Florida and TO to deal.

The real surprise might be Ballard moving as well. Fans are discounting him as a CAP dump but his skills might fit better with another club as well. There is a cannon down on the Wolves waiting to get his chance K Conn.

#2426 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:46 PM

Oh lol. My bad.

LOL.

#2427 Chris_P

Chris_P

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:51 PM

There is no point to asking for the rights to Garrison, if he wants to sign here then Gillis would wait the 16 hours and sign him for free no? I do figure theodore would come back in a deal at $1.5 I can live with that, but Upshall? Yuck, that's terrable!

#2428 hunglikeabat

hunglikeabat

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:00 PM

i disagree...........theres plenty of teams who can absorb Lu's salary and would be willing to do it.......I think if MG sticks to his guns, Fla is one them

but how many of those teams will lu waive his no trade to go play for?
i keep seeing people talk about other teams that we can trade lu to, but last rumour i heard (on this site, and on the team 1260 in edmonton) is lu shortened his list of teams to one.....florida.
OMG! CRACK! YAY!

#2429 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:07 PM

but how many of those teams will lu waive his no trade to go play for?
i keep seeing people talk about other teams that we can trade lu to, but last rumour i heard (on this site, and on the team 1260 in edmonton) is lu shortened his list of teams to one.....florida.

That's fine. We can keep him if we don't get what we want and trade Schneider. It makes no sense to give him away. He's a very valuable asset for a lot of teams.

#2430 komodo1970

komodo1970

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:16 PM

Now that we have Schneider signed, Lou can rot in the AHL, on the bench or at home till he opens up more options. Sooner or later a team is going to become desperate enough to make a hockey deal. If not, we have him for 10 years; That's a long time to spend in any of the forementioned situations.If he's going to handcuff MG, MG should return the favor.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.