The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

I'm not expecting prospects in this deal.

I'd be happy with a campbell/ Jovo + upshall and a 2nd rounder (hopeful)

Then each of those players separately can be traded if we want for more picks / prospects.

Upshall seems like one of the pickups MG would make anyway cuz he's a previous 20 goal scorer and still has the potential (barring injury).

Jovo / Campbell is the salary dump / Veteran presence we need for a cup run.

The longer Gillis waits, the higher the offers are gonna go.

Ownership has given Tallon the green light. That means they've pretty much told him to get Lu whatever it takes.

Florida's going hard after Luongo. They want him, he wants them. The more each side ups their offer, the more likely Gillis is going to get everything he wants in a trade.

I doubt he gets Huberdeau or Gudbranson though. That's just him asking for the moon, so that Florida will have to counter with something really good like Bjugstad.

there is some fine cat and mouse going on...

The Eastern media was all wishful thinking that they had Gillis backed into a Toronto corner, that Florida couldn't ante up - but Florida have only spent 40.5 million - as if they are going to stay there....playoff wins, serious team on the rise.... and Campbell at 7+ would seem to indicate that they spend once in a while...

Bjugstad, Petrovic, Theodore - Florida only adds 3.8 million in contract - which any good player will cost... Canucks can keep Theodore until they see if Lack is ready, and there are plenty of teams that might be interested in his services as well if they decided to move him. If they want to send Upshall, Bergenheim, Kopecky to return salary, I imagine they'll have to include at least Bjugstad in the deal.

Archived