Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4386 replies to this topic

#2551 Clark Kent

Clark Kent

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:54 AM

So, the worst thing that happens is that we hold on to Luongo. Woopdy doo. He'll extend that list once the season gets started.
Posted Image

#2552 CrippledCanuck

CrippledCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:59 AM

So, the worst thing that happens is that we hold on to Luongo. Woopdy doo. He'll extend that list once the season gets started.

While I agree that Luongo will extend his list if no trade is made in the offseason, I have yet to hear if he has even been asked for a list. Last statement from GMMG was that he hasnt asked for one yet, he is just exploring options before he approaches RL. Just because RL potentially extends his list does not mean that more teams want him it just means he is willing to go to more teams.

Edited by CrippledCanuck, 02 July 2012 - 11:59 AM.

#2553 cdubuya

cdubuya

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:11 PM

Why would he need a list? He's not dick Nash with 15 teams interested. There are three maybe four tops and that's pushing it. At this point Gilly will make a trade then ask him. He most likely will waive it. Even if columbus acquired him he'd probably go at this point. He's been treated like crap by fans and media alike. He hates us. He doesn't play for us.
Posted Image

#2554 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,208 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

Now that Marty is on the market

More like a Kia

Now that Marty is back off the market....a Triumph.

#2555 hunglikeabat

hunglikeabat

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

If he goes to the AHL, his salary drops. If he opts to stay at home he gets suspended without pay. If he reports, we still have the most dominant duos in the NHL. Win, win, win.

If Luongo were to be sent to the AHL his salary would no longer count towards the teams caap, but the owners would still be paying him his full NHL salary, he doesn't have a two way contract. Luongo put on a happy face and played nice with AV, MG and schneider durning the playoffs, but that happy face will be gone if he is riding the pine watching the games from the bench for a full season, and thats never good for team morale, so no win win win there either.
OMG! CRACK! YAY!

#2556 Pasific Coluseum

Pasific Coluseum

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:32 PM

If Luongo were to be sent to the AHL his salary would no longer count towards the teams caap, but the owners would still be paying him his full NHL salary, he doesn't have a two way contract. Luongo put on a happy face and played nice with AV, MG and schneider durning the playoffs, but that happy face will be gone if he is riding the pine watching the games from the bench for a full season, and thats never good for team morale, so no win win win there either.

There's no chance you'll ever see Luongo get sent down to the minors. Thats not the way this organization handles their players.
That would send a horrible message to the players in this organization and it would be a lose/lose for both Luongo and the Canucks.

You'll see Luongo moved eventually even if it means Gillis takes less than what he's purported to be asking from Tor/Flor
And I'd bet you $1000 it'll be the Panthers.

#2557 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,431 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:42 PM

You'll see Luongo moved eventually even if it means Gillis takes less than what he's purported to be asking from Tor/Flor
And I'd bet you $1000 it'll be the Panthers.

The only thing is that Toronto really needs to upgrade goaltending. Whatever he might say that Burke of a Brian. Florida doesn't have to. 1 year, 2 max and Markstrom will be ready (if he is going to be ready I mean) and Florida seems to have faith in him. Don't spend your money just yet.
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#2558 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,906 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

The only thing is that Toronto really needs to upgrade goaltending. Whatever he might say that Burke of a Brian. Florida doesn't have to. 1 year, 2 max and Markstrom will be ready (if he is going to be ready I mean) and Florida seems to have faith in him. Don't spend your money just yet.

22 and he's had two knee surgeries already I believe........good numbers, but I'm not sure Fla has a the same kind of confidence in his durability as they have in his skill set.

#2559 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

Why would he need a list? He's not dick Nash with 15 teams interested. There are three maybe four tops and that's pushing it. At this point Gilly will make a trade then ask him. He most likely will waive it. Even if columbus acquired him he'd probably go at this point. He's been treated like crap by fans and media alike. He hates us. He doesn't play for us.

Gilly ? is it really that hard to just type Gillis
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#2560 172233

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

Lol

#2561 cdubuya

cdubuya

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:00 PM

Gilly ? is it really that hard to just type Gillis

Is it really that hard to add something to the conversation? Im on my phone and I think Gilly sounds funny. What the eff do you care what I call him. My post was coherant. Maybe you don't agree or don't even want to dignify it with a response. Sorry if nicknames bother you in hockey. Have you ever seen the players talk about one another. The "y" on the end is about all they do. You might find me writing "Gilly" annoying, but I find useless posts like yours even worse, that just dilute these mega threads and make people not even click on them anymore.
Posted Image

#2562 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

Jimminy Christmas. Something happen. They're starting to eat each other alive around here.

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#2563 Mighty Walrus

Mighty Walrus

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:29 PM

#2564 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,196 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:03 PM

Jeff Angus@anguscertified

High price. My guess: Versteeg and Bjugstad. Florida likely pushing Upshall and lesser prospects. Make no mistake-Luongo is valued commodity

I follow him on twitter, writes for various blogs, follows Canucks closely. This is his 'guess' on asking price, I echo it. Standard pieces for a trade of this magnitude:

- top 6 forward or top 4 d-man
- well above average prospect
- draft pick (or back up goalie via goalie trade)

Bjugstad is interesting cause he's huge centre (almost 6'6 according to him today). He's finished his 2nd yr at U. of Minn, and said today he will decided after training camp if he will leave college and join Panthers next yr. Wondering if Gillis 'patience' re: Lu trade has to do with Bjugstads decision? i.e Will he leave college and possibly join the Nucks 3rd line centre position next yr. Anywhoo, his brief interview today: http://miamiherald.t...thers-camp.html

Obviously not a guarantee Bjugstads in a package, but I'd imagine a young centre is key for Gillis, and Florida has a number of them. Anyone have any more details about his play?

#2565 stunty

stunty

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:05 PM

i hope he goes to the leafs, so we can watch him hbo 24/7

"evil brings people closer"

#2566 thema

thema

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

5 years in a row Lu has had major meltdowns, so to say it was overnight is just wrong.
For all we know Lu requested a trade for family reasons.
Lu could very be being a great pro, or he could be pissed and told MG to trade him to Florida and only Florida and being a huge crybaby.
We as fans have no way of knowing what is happening.

This. If Lou is indeed playing hardball and is being unreasonable in his demands then I can't wait to see how Gillis throws HIM under the bus the way he did with Hodgson if and when he trades him.

#2567 thema

thema

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

Now that Marty is back off the market....a Triumph.

Yeah, a TR 7 made by British Leyland.

#2568 YaK

YaK

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:16 PM

I wish something would just happen. I'm sure Gillis means it when he says that he is no rush and that they have all summer. However I was surprised when the other shoe didn't drop after Schneider was signed.
There aren't a ton of franchise goaltenders out there so I guess Gillis waiting other teams out...
Negotiation-wise, even if it is clear that the Canucks would rather be without Luongo's contract it is still better to have something than to be waiting without it. Teams that need a #1 should be more desperate to get Luongo than the Canucks are to rid themselves of him.
Posted Image
"It felt almost like it was a dream," Burrows said of his game-winner.
"But guys jumped on me and I couldn't breathe, so I knew it was right."

#2569 2013's The Charm

2013's The Charm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:20 PM

How many pages do you guys think this'll get until Luongo gets traded?

#2570 Jake's_Dad

Jake's_Dad

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

How many pages do you guys think this'll get until Luongo gets traded?

-formerly known as macvic24

#2571 gumshoe242

gumshoe242

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

I think it's more telling that the team doesn't play for him. He has to go... the sooner the better.

#2572 WolfxHaley

WolfxHaley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:42 PM

Something happen already......................

Posted Image

#2573 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,208 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

Yeah, don't knock it til you drove one... ::D

#2574 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,208 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:57 PM

Price just signed for 6.5 a year.
Luooooo's cap hit will continue to be below market value as long as he decides to play.
The guy is a bargain - some team is going to get lucky and take advantage of the fact the Canucks have two elite goaltenders, and acquire one for a pair of first round prospects. Some other teams are going to look back during next year's playoff run and ask themselves why the hell they hesitated to ante up...

#2575 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:00 PM

Yeah, don't knock it til you drove one... ::D

Was it not the TR6 Triumph?
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#2576 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,583 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:05 PM

Looks like the VAN/FLA talks have started up again. I'm hearing Kulikov, Versteeg now in the mix. #NHL #Vancouver #Canucks#Nucks #Panthers

https://twitter.com/...957746425016320

Take it for what its worth
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#2577 EDLER.IS.BEAST

EDLER.IS.BEAST

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:10 PM

Looks like the VAN/FLA talks have started up again. I'm hearing Kulikov, Versteeg now in the mix. #NHL #Vancouver #Canucks#Nucks #Panthers

NHL Rumour Mill@NHL_Rumour_Mill

There was also mention of Upshall, but that's a long shot. Gillis is leery to take him because of his partying rep. #NHL #Vancouver#Canucks

#2578 2013's The Charm

2013's The Charm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:17 PM

I'd be extremely happy with Kulikov and Versteeg. Add more if we have to

Vancouver:

Kulikov
Versteeg

Florida:

Luongo
Raymond
Schroeder
2nd

#2579 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,906 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:27 PM

I'd be extremely happy with Kulikov and Versteeg. Add more if we have to

Vancouver:

Kulikov
Versteeg

Florida:

Luongo
Raymond
Schroeder
2nd

i hope not.........i cant stand Versteeg and hes just more of what Van already has a lot of......Kulikov is too small, imo.......not to mention, after losing Garrison, they won't want to move a dman I don't think.

#2580 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,208 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:29 PM

I'm hearing Smirnoff and Bacardi in the mix.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.