The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

If the alternative is paying to dump Lou's contract then I'll take the 8.3 in cap every time. Like he was saying this allows us time and better bartering position, don't see how we lose because I don't think MG was planning to go crazy in free agency or anything.

Lou is not coming back. There is no way that he can save face with the fans. I would almost be more willing to deal both than bring back Lou. The fact is that if MG gets the feeling that neither player wants to cooperate, the possibility does exist that both could be gone. MG has to do what's in the Canucks best interests, not in the players.

This being said, he's really created one hell of a mess. I'm wondering if he's regretting not dealing Lou at the draft.

Exactly. I can't see Schneider not wanting to cooperate, however.

And more than not dealing Lou at the draft, I'm wondering how much he's regretting signing Lou to the deal he signed him to in the first place. He could have signed him to the same per year salary at a shorter term and we wouldn't be having this conversation, as Schneider could be signed by now to a reasonable contract that got him through to the end of Lou's contract, at which time MG could offer him a true number one deal to take over. A reasonable length contract for Lou in the first place puts his current cotract at pretty much two to three years from bewing expired; the length contract that Schneider will most likely be signed to. And MG wouldn't be forced to pay a premium to extend Schneider through a reasonable Lou contract, either.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

His cap hit would be much higher if it was a shorter term...you know there is a benefit to the long term contract. It gives the Canucks an opportunity to add more depth to the line up without going over the cap. MG would make the same deal today if given the opportunity.

Hey guys, kind of unrelated to all the rumors, but just something I've been thinking about. If a trade was to go down with TOR, whats with all the hate towards Mike Komisarek? I just remember him being a fan fav in MTL and the dude is a 240 lb 6'4" hard hitting stay at home defenseman, wouldn't that be a good fit for us? At this point, I wouldn't be opposed to almost switching Ballard with Komisarek in a potential Lu deal, as I think Ballards smooth skating skill game is better suited on the east coast, and Komisareks big body might be better suited for the west coast type of play. Basically, what has Komisarek done in TOR to warrant all this displeasure with him?

Hey guys, kind of unrelated to all the rumors, but just something I've been thinking about. If a trade was to go down with TOR, whats with all the hate towards Mike Komisarek? I just remember him being a fan fav in MTL and the dude is a 240 lb 6'4" hard hitting stay at home defenseman, wouldn't that be a good fit for us? At this point, I wouldn't be opposed to almost switching Ballard with Komisarek in a potential Lu deal, as I think Ballards smooth skating skill game is better suited on the east coast, and Komisareks big body might be better suited for the west coast type of play. Basically, what has Komisarek done in TOR to warrant all this displeasure with him?

Archived