Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4386 replies to this topic

#2821 cadillaccts

cadillaccts

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:18 PM

Everyone predict the page where Luo gets traded.....

I'm guessing page 149 marks the spot.

#2822 kawasaki bomber

kawasaki bomber

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:20 PM

I think Lack might benefit more from another year with the Wolves, he might be able to play in the NHL but one more year of seasoning wouldn't hurt, specially if we can get Theodore

#2823 2013's The Charm

2013's The Charm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:20 PM

I'm feeling 110.

#2824 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79,187 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:22 PM

Page 100.

Wouldn't that be sweet? :P

Edited by -Vintage Canuck-, 05 July 2012 - 10:23 PM.

307mg00.jpg

#2825 Vapourstreak

Vapourstreak

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:22 PM

What's Theodore's cap hit?

EDIT: NVM, didn't read thoroughly enough. Would love to have him at the price and term, gives Lack an extra year to develop.

Edited by Tanev, 05 July 2012 - 10:23 PM.

#2826 cripplereh

cripplereh

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:23 PM

:towel: 107 :towel: is my guess,I just hope it is sooner then later so we can get a deal done for Weber or Ryan!!!
Posted Image

#2827 Biasbieksa

Biasbieksa

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:24 PM

Page 127.

#2828 WolfxHaley

WolfxHaley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:25 PM

Wait... Guess how many pages the thread will get to before Luo is traded or how long it goes to after he's traded.
115 before he's traded 2000000000000000000000000000000000 after.

Posted Image

#2829 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,886 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:31 PM

Apparently, Theodore has a list of 10 teams he will go to, and the Canucks arnt on it.

#2830 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,122 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:34 PM

Wouldnt want a player who didn't want to play for us.

#2831 Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:38 PM

We don't know whether Luongo will end up in Toronto or Florida. Florida has the cap space, a lot of young prospects and decent roster players like Kulikov, Kopecky, Ellerby, Huberdeau (doubtful) and Bjugstad (aslo doubtful). While Tallon is under no pressure to keep his job, Burke in Toronto HAS to make the playoffs to keep his. Reimer and Scrivens are'nt going to get it done. Lupul's name keeps coming up on the three hundred "insider" rumour tweets, but because Gillis doesn't like the idea of a dalary dump, there seems to be a stalemate.

So Gillis just sits back and waits. Sooner or later somebody is going to blink and when it happens, I think Tallon will win, but not without Burke makeing a last ditch effort by throwing in Gardiner. But, it will be too late.

I am enjoying how this is all playing out. Season doesn't start for thee months, so what's the hurry?

#2832 Fanuck

Fanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:42 PM

I would not mind getting him but I'd rather see Lack back up Corey as last preseason Lack seemed to do better then both Corey and Luo and I think his time to play in the NHL is now.

Exactly which foolish moves has MG made since he's been in charge in Vancouver to have you believe that he'd take a Cup contending team (supposedly) into a season with a starting goalie who's never been a starter in the NHL before backed up by a goalie who has never played an NHL game?

Theodore as a b/u is FAR better at this point in time than Lack - now that Chris Mason's off the market choices for a quality b/u with decent NHL experience are running low.

#2833 kodos

kodos

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:49 PM

He would be a nice backup goalie here.

Anyone remember when we scored 6 goals on him in the 1st period against the Habs several years ago?

Haha I remember watching that game in a sports bar in Montreal. That was a fun one.
Posted Image

#2834 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:56 PM

Try for clemmensen instead. Hes from my hometown, was the best goalie the des moines buccaneers ever had. Plus the canucks would have two boston college alumns!

#2835 ALLPUCKDUP

ALLPUCKDUP

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:02 PM

Posted Image

Edited by ALLPUCKDUP, 05 July 2012 - 11:03 PM.

#2836 Hockey!?

Hockey!?

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:03 PM

Page 111

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2837 Thunder Bunnies

Thunder Bunnies

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:04 PM

I wouldn't mind Theodore at all, would be the perfect veteran goaltender to backup Schneider. He can mentor Schneider, and about Lack being a possibility as a backup next year; I think he could use another season with the Wolves. There's no rush here for him to make the NHL as a backup yet, I'd rather him play 1 more full season with the Wolves then play 20 games in the NHL, he could work on some flaws he may have.

#2838 BCRenegade

BCRenegade

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:09 PM

I wouldn't mind Theodore at all, would be the perfect veteran goaltender to backup Schneider. He can mentor Schneider, and about Lack being a possibility as a backup next year; I think he could use another season with the Wolves. There's no rush here for him to make the NHL as a backup yet, I'd rather him play 1 more full season with the Wolves then play 20 games in the NHL, he could work on some flaws he may have.

NTC

Sig too big. 

#2839 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,130 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:09 PM

Without much movement recently in a potential Roberto Luongo trade, there’s been speculation the Canucks would insist Jose Theodore be part of the package if they consummate a trade with the Florida Panthers.
Theodore, on a one-year $1.5 million deal, is the type of veteran with experience as a starter the Canucks would love to back up Cory Schneider.
But Theodore has a no-trade clause, which lists 10 teams he can be dealt to without waiving it. The Canucks, ESPN reported, are not among the 10 teams on the list.
That doesn’t mean he won’t go to Vancouver. The Panthers could try and force his hand, by telling him if he refuses to waive it, he’d be No. 3 on their depth chart behind Luongo and Scott Clemmensen.
Theodore has worked with Vancouver goalie coach Rollie Melanson before, but there have been suggestions their relationship deteriorated over time in Montreal.
Earlier this year, in an interview with ingoalmag.com, Carey Price recalled a story where Melanson would tie a bungee cord to Theodore to force him to hold his glove up high.
Of course, Theodore is a different player than he was then. But he still doesn’t hold his glove high

Read more: http://www.theprovin...l#ixzz1zoaLDLvN

Really? I thought the lack of movement had more to do with Tallon not wanting to give up a marquis prospect?

There's also been speculation that Florida would want to move Theodore's salary as part of a deal, whether the Canucks "insist" upon this or not. One way or another, Theodore will likely be dealt if Luongo winds up in Florida - it wouldn't depend on the Canucks insisting that - nor is it very believable that this is what is holding up a deal.

Theodore coming this way is simply one of the most obvious possibilities, but what Canucks source would reveal that they insist this or would love to have him? I simply don't trust when Botchford speaks for the Canucks - he and Gallagher have estranged themselves to the point where it is extremely hard to imagine Canucks insiders feeding him/them updates about trade "movement" or who they are intending to pick up in a deal. The Canucks may "love" Lack and have no intention of acquiring another goaltender until he has had a shot. Botchford seems to be getting this from ESPN. When he says "there's been speculation", it becomes clear that this is not information from the Canucks, the team he is supposed to cover, the one in the city he is employed - evidently they are not extending an insider hand to him. I wonder why? Ironic to be situated in Vancouver and taking rumours from ESPN?

The Panthers wouldn't have to force Theodore's hand to come to Vancouver. They could deal him to another team if he didn't want to waive for Vancouver. There are a few teams looking for goaltending, and with 10 options, apparently there may be a possibility somewhere. Regardless, the threat of making him #3 is a non-starter - Florida is not going to want to keep an extra 1.5 million in salary on hand.

Wasn't Rollie Melanson brought here to work primarily with Luongo and help him to adjust his positioning - to play a little deeper in the crease, not so much on the rush, but when the opposition has possession in the Canucks zone? Who knows what his status would be if Luongo were moved, but regardless, speculating about using a bungy cord as an aid to keep Theodore's glove high doesn't tell much about this rumoured, speculated bad relationship. Is it implied that using a prop like that to aid a player to hold their glove high is somehow abusive? Is Melanson now the reason that the Canucks haven't dealt Luongo to Florida, because they want Theodore and Theodore won't come here because of Melanson?
I'd say this is some odd stuff, but it's the Province - what else should we expect?

#2840 Gran Turismo

Gran Turismo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,209 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:13 PM

Anyone remember when we scored 6 goals on him in the 1st period against the Habs several years ago?

Actually scored 5 on him. He got pulled and Huet let in the last one. But yes, I definitely remember that game. Honestly thought we were going to score 10+ goals.
Posted Image

#2841 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 19,130 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:15 PM

I would not mind getting him but I'd rather see Lack back up Corey as last preseason Lack seemed to do better then both Corey and Luo and I think his time to play in the NHL is now.

I agree. I wouldn't argue with taking Theodore as insurance or if Florida insisted, but Lack has earned a shot - he is as ready as Schneider was when he took the backup role - he's the same age as Schneider was, and his numbers in the AHL are actually a little better.

#2842 2013's The Charm

2013's The Charm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:16 PM

Haha I do! I was actually at a WHL game and during the 1st intermission when they were announcing the scores from games out of town (they did that because the rink didn't have a good enough score board to show them) the dude was like, "This is not a joke. Vancouver leads Montreal 6-0 at the end of the 1st period. Again, that's Vancouver leading Montreal 6-0 after the 1st period." The crowd was just shocked. All the Hab fans in the audience were crushed. It was awesome.

What year was this game? I remember we beat them 7-1 three years ago but I don't know if that was the one.

#2843 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:17 PM

Luongo will be traded for a hockey player.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#2844 xCANUCKAHOLICx

xCANUCKAHOLICx

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:18 PM

lol i do

#2845 sprouticus

sprouticus

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:20 PM

Really? I thought the lack of movement had more to do with Tallon not wanting to give up a marquis prospect?

There's also been speculation that Florida would want to move Theodore's salary as part of a deal, whether the Canucks "insist" upon this or not. One way or another, Theodore will likely be dealt if Luongo winds up in Florida - it wouldn't depend on the Canucks insisting that - nor is it very believable that this is what is holding up a deal.

Theodore coming this way is simply one of the most obvious possibilities, but what Canucks source would reveal that they insist this or would love to have him? I simply don't trust when Botchford speaks for the Canucks - he and Gallagher have estranged themselves to the point where it is extremely hard to imagine Canucks insiders feeding him/them updates about trade "movement" or who they are intending to pick up in a deal. The Canucks may "love" Lack and have no intention of acquiring another goaltender until he has had a shot. Botchford seems to be getting this from ESPN. When he says "there's been speculation", it becomes clear that this is not information from the Canucks, the team he is supposed to cover, the one in the city he is employed - evidently they are not extending an insider hand to him. I wonder why? Ironic to be situated in Vancouver and taking rumours from ESPN?

The Panthers wouldn't have to force Theodore's hand to come to Vancouver. They could deal him to another team if he didn't want to waive for Vancouver. There are a few teams looking for goaltending, and with 10 options, apparently there may be a possibility somewhere. Regardless, the threat of making him #3 is a non-starter - Florida is not going to want to keep an extra 1.5 million in salary on hand.

Wasn't Rollie Melanson brought here to work primarily with Luongo and help him to adjust his positioning - to play a little deeper in the crease, not so much on the rush, but when the opposition has possession in the Canucks zone? Who knows what his status would be if Luongo were moved, but regardless, speculating about using a bungy cord as an aid to keep Theodore's glove high doesn't tell much about this rumoured, speculated bad relationship. Is it implied that using a prop like that to aid a player to hold their glove high is somehow abusive? Is Melanson now the reason that the Canucks haven't dealt Luongo to Florida, because they want Theodore and Theodore won't come here because of Melanson?
I'd say this is some odd stuff, but it's the Province - what else should we expect?

How hard is it to fire a goalie coach?? seriously....its not like he has a cap hit or something.

"P.S. Sprouticus doesn't know me, but the world will now know Sprouticus."
Taylor Code
http://insidethecode...posters-on.html

“Louie can shave in the morning and have a beard in the afternoon. I think the Twins have pretty weak beards. They should’ve started in September.”

-Brendan Morrison

#2846 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 19,130 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:22 PM

Botchford belongs in the invalid sources thread.

Edited by oldnews, 05 July 2012 - 11:25 PM.

#2847 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 19,130 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:26 PM

this thread is 90% done.

Edited by oldnews, 05 July 2012 - 11:32 PM.

#2848 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:26 PM

What about me? I think im getting close to calling one.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#2849 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:27 PM

If this trade is with Florida, I want Jovocop :)

Favorite all time Canuck: Bertuzzi 2002-2003 season
Most clutch all time Canuck: Linden 1994 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Most exciting all time Canuck: Pavel Bure 90's

#2850 ButterBean

ButterBean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:30 PM

Luongo will be traded for a hockey player.

Really?

I'd like to get Theodore. Brings experience in case Lack isn't ready and by the time he is we can just let him go next year.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.