The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

No position has been stronger for us, or had more impact on us winning, in the past couple seasons than goaltending.

It's gonna be hard to go from having such a solid tandem to basically being a one goaltender team again.

No offence to Lack, but to expect him to play the 30+ games that Schneider played last season is unreasonable. We'll be lucky if he can play 20 max, and hopefully have a winning record.

I'll add a source in a bit. It was on TSN. Florida are now the front-runners.

They have counter-offered our original proposal and we are not communicating with Toronto right now.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399474

Are the Florida Panthers the clear frontrunner for Roberto Luongo?

Darren Dreger: Yes, there are ongoing negotiations between Vancouver and Florida. Canucks general manager Mike Gillis is driving the bus and the bus is in low gear. Nothing has changed since the NHL Draft but there is an ongoing negotiation. The Panthers didn't like the first approach from Gillis and countered with another offer but I wouldn't say that it's close. The Toronto Maple Leafs did express interest but I'm also told the Leafs are not engaged in discussions with Vancouver at this stage.

credit to greetingsfrombrazil for the source :)

Thoughts?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399474

Are the Florida Panthers the clear frontrunner for Roberto Luongo?

Darren Dreger: Yes, there are ongoing negotiations between Vancouver and Florida. Canucks general manager Mike Gillis is driving the bus and the bus is in low gear. Nothing has changed since the NHL Draft but there is an ongoing negotiation. The Panthers didn't like the first approach from Gillis and countered with another offer but I wouldn't say that it's close. The Toronto Maple Leafs did express interest but I'm also told the Leafs are not engaged in discussions with Vancouver at this stage.

Archived