Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4386 replies to this topic

#2941 suolucidir

suolucidir

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:01 PM

Luongo doesn't control when he's traded guys...

Aside from having Veto power, I suppose you're right. But he does have influence on proceedings.
PSN: CloakOfSkill

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

View Postbahkwan, on 03 December 2010 - 12:55 PM, said:

It bugs me when people pull out the gold medal for an example... Luongo only had to outplay Brodeur.

#2942 tybarber

tybarber

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:04 PM

He had mentioned playing for the Blackhawks, and while that would be an eerie feeling to watch that, would you do a straight up Luongo for Patrick Kane deal?

#2943 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:05 PM

Jeez the 'big' story on TSN gave me a quick adrenaline burst. But nothing still...
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#2944 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,040 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:05 PM

He had mentioned playing for the Blackhawks, and while that would be an eerie feeling to watch that, would you do a straight up Luongo for Patrick Kane deal?

Yeah. Although we'd have to sweeten the pot.

zWXdYPq.png

#2945 Thunder Bunnies

Thunder Bunnies

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:08 PM

That would be sweet but I think Luongo for Hossa is more realistic.

#2946 vannuxforlife

vannuxforlife

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,332 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:08 PM

Yeah. Although we'd have to sweeten the pot.

I really don't think we would. that said it would take getting used to.

#2947 GMantooth

GMantooth

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:09 PM

Yeah, the contracts are both uber long retirement type. only issue is hossa's health atm. anyone heard anything yet?

"I think it's time to move on." RL1 @GrizzlyMantooth"It was what it was." TB44

#2948 suolucidir

suolucidir

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:11 PM

Yeah, the contracts are both uber long retirement type. only issue is hossa's health atm. anyone heard anything yet?

Good question.

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

It bugs me when people pull out the gold medal for an example... Luongo only had to outplay Brodeur.

#2949 WolfxHaley

WolfxHaley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:13 PM

Posting to see first page

Wait......wut?

Posted Image

#2950 tybarber

tybarber

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:14 PM

Yeah, we could probably sweeten it with a draft pick and/or mid level prospect (Rodin). I remember hearing if the hawks got Parise then Kane could go on the block, but since they didn't they may not want to part with him as easily anymore.

#2951 GMantooth

GMantooth

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:15 PM

Good question.

Hossa's cap hit is almost identical to luongo, however I would think one of CHI goalies would want to be included, ray emery seems best option, but they might want to unload crawford on us. then we would have to include another forward, prospects or pick I would think.

#2952 ALLPUCKDUP

ALLPUCKDUP

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:17 PM

Why is the hockey world suddenly focussed on Lu to Chicago? He was asked about the city and gave a pretty standard player answer..."great hockey city, organization, bla bla etc" ...he didn't say 'oh yes, please send me there". God, people are stupid sometimes :/

*Players don't badmouth other organizations at that level of publicity, esp at a critical turning point in their career. It would be career suicide, doesn't matter what city is on the end of the question.

Edited by ALLPUCKDUP, 06 July 2012 - 01:19 PM.

#2953 alexkidd

alexkidd

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:19 PM

If there was any doubt...

Iain MacIntyre@imacVanSun
Not that we didn't know, but... RT@PaulHaysom_Chek Luongo on CFOX: "It's been a great 6 years, but it's time to move on"
Posted Image

I am not a bandwagoneer. I am just pessimistic. 40 years without a cup will do that to any normal fan. So please, stop and think before labeling someone a bandwagoneer.

#2954 GMantooth

GMantooth

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:20 PM

Why is the hockey world suddenly focussed on Lu to Chicago? He was asked about the city and gave a pretty standard player answer..."great hockey city, organization, bla bla etc" ...he didn't say 'oh yes, please send me there". God, people are stupid sometimes :/

*Players don't badmouth other organizations at that level of publicity, esp at a critical turning point in their career. It would be career suicide, doesn't matter what city is on the end of the question.

because we are bored.

#2955 Niklas Jensen

Niklas Jensen

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:20 PM

Gudbranson + Matthias for Luongo + Raymond
Our D's must make opponent fowards going to the net PAY THE PRICE

#2956 ALLPUCKDUP

ALLPUCKDUP

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:22 PM

because we are bored.

Good point.

#2957 suolucidir

suolucidir

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Because good goaltending would make the Hawks cup favorites, basically. It's a good fit, yet there's tons of drama surrounding these two teams. It'd be like trading Chara to the Canadiens.

#2958 GMantooth

GMantooth

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Gudbranson + Matthias for Luongo + Raymond

not happening. however, since the panthers prospect camp is now over...I wonder if talks will heat up.

#2959 alexkidd

alexkidd

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

I hope it gets done sooner than later..

Edited by alexkidd, 06 July 2012 - 01:23 PM.

Posted Image

I am not a bandwagoneer. I am just pessimistic. 40 years without a cup will do that to any normal fan. So please, stop and think before labeling someone a bandwagoneer.

#2960 alexkidd

alexkidd

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:23 PM

WHo FOR?
Posted Image

#2961 tybarber

tybarber

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:25 PM

You're right. Neither did he say anything about "Send me to Florida" or Toronto, but people can speculate possible trades there? I was just curious if anyone thought Kane for Luongo would be fair, since he mentioned hockey market and playoff contender and liking to play in Chicago. Sorry.

#2962 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,287 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:26 PM

wouldn't want hossa seeing that the last time he was on the ice he was horizontal for a long time if you get where I'm going with this.

Posted Image

#freetorts

-Credit to blueberries-

#2963 ALLPUCKDUP

ALLPUCKDUP

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:26 PM

Because good goaltending would make the Hawks cup favorites, basically. It's a good fit, yet there's tons of drama surrounding these two teams. It'd be like trading Chara to the Canadiens.

I'm not arguing that...Lu on the Hawks would be a very scary thing for the western conference. It just amuses me that from that q & a suddenly Chicago is emerging as the frontrunner for Lu. I very sincerely hope not, altho a Lu vs. Schneids WCF would be pretty epic.

#2964 GMantooth

GMantooth

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:27 PM

You're right. Neither did he say anything about "Send me to Florida" or Toronto, but people can speculate possible trades there? I was just curious if anyone thought Kane for Luongo would be fair, since he mentioned hockey market and playoff contender and liking to play in Chicago. Sorry.

never apologize on a message board it makes you appear weak :ph34r:

#2965 YaK

YaK

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:27 PM

Probably a better interview than anything we would have gotten on 1040
Posted Image
"It felt almost like it was a dream," Burrows said of his game-winner.
"But guys jumped on me and I couldn't breathe, so I knew it was right."

#2966 ABurrows14

ABurrows14

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:28 PM

One question.

where are all those guys who said, "Who says Lou is going? He isn't going to be traded blah blah blah"

Lol

I guess they are crying in their diapers

#2967 Li'l Fra

Li'l Fra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,653 posts

Page 99.

This thread did a Gretzky...must be a great one.

Loooooouuuuuuuuuu!

#2968 tybarber

tybarber

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

My sarcasm didn't come off very well I suppose then, I'll keep that in mind the next time around ha.

#2969 ALLPUCKDUP

ALLPUCKDUP

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:29 PM

My post wasn't pointed at you, or at CDC. Just reading twitter feeds and various articles, and the speculation circles are like watching seagulls flock to a piece of bread thrown out a car window...even if that piece of bread turns out to be a piece of overchewed gum lol

#2970 GMantooth

GMantooth

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

My sarcasm didn't come off very well I suppose then, I'll keep that in mind the next time around ha.

it's probably just my autism kicking in again. sarcasm does not compute.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.