b3.

Brendan Gaunce Talk

4,730 posts in this topic

He's on the wrong team to get that many points. Bellville is the lowest scoring team in the OHL with the second best defence.

After missing the 8 games he will be hard pressed to match his 68 from last year.

I am more concerned about his defence. -9 in 16 games on a very strong defence first team worries me. His rookie season Guance put up great numbers but sucked defensively. He improved by miles last year.

The Chl is funny in that way though, it's not uncommon for top end players to go on streaks that can see them hit 3-4 points in a single game. A couple of those and he will be right back there.

it's nice to see him battle back from that embarrassing -9

Yeah, absolutely. I'm really liking this kid.

Gaunce and Jensen have my hopes up for the next few years.

Mine too. My hope is that the Canucks develop these two together as a pair going forward.

Gaunce, Jensen, AND Kassian. Some people say once the Sedins are gone our cup window is closed. I don't see it that way, I see the Canucks transitioning from a high scoring presidents trophy winning team to a bigger, tougher, team that fights their way into the playoffs with good defence and goaltending, which I don't have a problem with.... sometimes it's nice to cheer for the underdog.

A future top six mix of: Kesler, Burrows, Kassian, Gaunce, Jensen, and Schroeder, with Schneider in net looks very similar to : Brown, Kopitar, Richards, Carter, Williams, Penner, with Quick in net. They aren't going to wow you with skill, but they have enough of a mix of determination, size, grit, and a little bit of skill to get the job done.

Mine too. My hope is that the Canucks develop these two together as a pair going forward.

Yeah, same here.

Gaunce finished with no points, 6 PIMS and a -1 rating for the Belleville Bulls in a 3-1 loss to the Mississauga Steelheads tonight.

Gaunce, Jensen, AND Kassian. Some people say once the Sedins are gone our cup window is closed. I don't see it that way, I see the Canucks transitioning from a high scoring presidents trophy winning team to a bigger, tougher, team that fights their way into the playoffs with good defence and goaltending, which I don't have a problem with.... sometimes it's nice to cheer for the underdog.

A future top six mix of: Kesler, Burrows, Kassian, Gaunce, Jensen, and Schroeder, with Schneider in net looks very similar to : Brown, Kopitar, Richards, Carter, Williams, Penner, with Quick in net. They aren't going to wow you with skill, but they have enough of a mix of determination, size, grit, and a little bit of skill to get the job done.

Wow, exactly how I feel about the Canucks' future. The only difference being that we don't have a Doughty type on the back end, though you never know who could emerge as an elite talent and who will flop. Here's hoping!

Every single player on that list needs to reach their ceiling of potential in order for them to even be close to the Kings' top six. Even then, it's a stretch.

Burrows will be getting pretty old, Kesler will be too worn out from the way he plays and all his injuries/surgeries, and I don't know about Schroeder. I don't see him making the NHL full time. I don't think any of those players are going to be first line players besides maybe Jensen. I see Gaunce and Kassian as 2nd liners.

Burrows will be getting pretty old, Kesler will be too worn out from the way he plays and all his injuries/surgeries, and I don't know about Schroeder. I don't see him making the NHL full time. I don't think any of those players are going to be first line players besides maybe Jensen. I see Gaunce and Kassian as 2nd liners.

This year's draft could be a chance to nab a prospect we otherwise wouldn't have had a chance at, which could have us well on our way. If we luck out and a have a ball drawn around the top ten, our future top six looks even better. A player like Shinkaruk, Erne, or Lazar would be huge, alongside guys like Gaunce, Kassian, and Jensen. After that, you can fill the other spots with a signing or two.

But the Sedins won't likely retire for another five years or so. A lot can happen in that time.

Gaunce finished with no points, 6 PIMS and a -1 rating for the Belleville Bulls in a 3-1 loss to the Mississauga Steelheads tonight.

watched the game. his -1 was enough empty netter. what a dumb rule...

This year's draft could be a chance to nab a prospect we otherwise wouldn't have had a chance at, which could have us well on our way. If we luck out and a have a ball drawn around the top ten, our future top six looks even better. A player like Shinkaruk, Erne, or Lazar would be huge, alongside guys like Gaunce, Kassian, and Jensen. After that, you can fill the other spots with a signing or two.

But the Sedins won't likely retire for another five years or so. A lot can happen in that time.

plus we could get a bright prospect in a return for lu or edler if he doesn't want to sign Edited by TruCanuck

I don't see the Sedins retiring until they're 36 at least. So there's still 4-5 drafts and numerous trades and signings that will shape our future. Who knows if Gaunce, Kassian, Jensen will even be in our organization in 4-5 years.

Those two would look good together - Gaunce has never had a proper scoring winger on his line, but Jensen's familiar with a center of Gaunce's style from his years in Oshawa.

Jensen had Jenner in Oshawa and Gaunce plays a similar two-way game IMO. Jenner is way better offensively at this point but he wasn't touted for his offense until this year, which is his last in the OHL. I am hoping that Gaunce can make a similar impact next season at the same age as Jenner is now.

As for now, I'd say Gaunce is a poor man's Jenner - which translates to 3rd line center in the NHL (I think Jenner has 2nd line center capabilities).

Edited by Dasein

We need good prospects fast,

Gaunce- ceiling mediocre 2nd line center

Kassian - who knows

Jensen - looks like the real deal

Schroeder- AHL career

Sweatt

Rodin

... Just no

Trade Luongo for a first rounder that's high this year or get a good prospect back who is lock at top 6

To CBJ

Edler

Luongo

Schroeder

Raymond

To Van

Ryan Johansen

Jack Johnson

2013 2nd

Kassian - who knows

Schroeder- AHL career

Sweatt

Rodin

... Just no

Trade Luongo for a first rounder that's high this year or get a good prospect back who is lock at top 6

To CBJ

Edler

Luongo

Schroeder

Raymond

To Van

Ryan Johansen

Jack Johnson

2013 2nd

Frank Corrado?

Kassian - who knows

Schroeder- AHL career

Sweatt

Rodin

... Just no

To CBJ

Edler

Luongo

Schroeder

Raymond

To Van

Ryan Johansen

Jack Johnson

2013 2nd

Tell us oh wise one, who else will be busts in the future?

Maybe you can call up Gillis and help him with his selections in the next draft.

Maybe you can call up Gillis and help him with his selections in the next draft.

:lol:

I'd be glad to ;)

Kassian - who knows

Schroeder- AHL career

Sweatt

Rodin

... Just no

To CBJ

Edler

Luongo

Schroeder

Raymond

To Van

Ryan Johansen

Jack Johnson

2013 2nd

ok so explain to me why cbj trades their top prospect their top defenceman anda secondin a deep draft for a large cap hit goalie on the decline. a pending ufa that will never resign with them.a career ahler (your words not mine) and a really fast plug.