b3.

Brendan Gaunce Talk

4,192 posts in this topic

Gaunce's Bulls up 6-2 yet he has yet to register a point. Little bit disappointing.

Looks like their addition of Quine is paying off so far though. He has a 1 goal and 3 assists after 2 periods.

Edited by DeNiro

I don't like quine playing on the team, seems to be eating up alot Gaunces PP/ES time...

There, he has a goal.

The Chl is funny in that way though, it's not uncommon for top end players to go on streaks that can see them hit 3-4 points in a single game. A couple of those and he will be right back there.

My post a couple pages back, in response to someone who said he would be hard pressed to match his numbers from last year ( point per game) after his slow start.

He now has 15g,13 a, 28 p in 31gp .... Looks like he will probably do better than a point per game if he keeps up his recent pace B)

Gaunce contributed a PP goal and was somehow only even on the night in an 8-2 drubbing by the Belleville Bulls over the Kingston Frontenacs. As mentioned above, it was the new Zharkov-Cramarossa-Quine line + defenseman Jordan Subban doing the bulk of the scoring for Belleville.

Either way, it's good to see the moves the Bulls made paying off so well. The Bulls are looking as though they will go from being the most anemic team in the OHL to a powerhouse. Can only be good news for Gaunce and his development.

By the way, new Belleville acquisition Alan Quine, who had a 1 goal and 4 assists tonight, is a Red Wings prospect. Go figure.

Gaunce contributed a PP goal and was somehow only even on the night in an 8-2 drubbing by the Belleville Bulls over the Kingston Frontenacs. As mentioned above, it was the new Zharkov-Cramarossa-Quine line + defenseman Jordan Subban doing the bulk of the scoring for Belleville.

Either way, it's good to see the moves the Bulls made paying off so well. The Bulls are looking as though they will go from being the most anemic team in the OHL to a powerhouse. Can only be good news for Gaunce and his development.

So..

Graovac - Gaunce - Brassard

Zharkov - Cramrossa - Quine

Looks like a solid 2 line attack, Gaunce will still put up points, I'm not too too worried about it.

Add that to Subban in net and some other nice defensemen Subban and Silas (Even though those 2 are offensive) hopefully they make a nice run, although Kitchener, London, Owen Sound and Niagara all seem to be top contenders to make it to the Mem cup aswell.

defenseman Jordan Subban

I thought Jordan was a forward?

I thought Jordan was a forward?

Nope, just a pint sized dman.

Belleville is playing Niagara this Friday on Sportsnet.

Gaunce went scoreless with 2 PIMS and a -1 rating for Belleville in a 4-3 shootout win over the Windsor Spitfires.

What's the deal with this Graovac guy? Is he that much better than Gaunce? Do the Bulls have enough depth at center to do this?

Looks like he was a 7th round pick by Minny in the 2011 draft for those who are curious.

Hmm... I would rather have him stay center... We don't need another left winger.

Hmm... I would rather have him stay center... We don't need another left winger.

This isn't the first time Gaunce has played wing. When he was listed on the predraft rankings he was listed as a C/LW, and when he was drafted an article I read mentioned that he is effective at both center and wing positions. Some versatility never hurts and what with our depth at center he probably won't make the team as a center right away, or he'll have to play wing at some point anyways.

Interesting development. Might be good chance for the brass to see if he can be as effective on the Wing as he is at Center.

Best ones we have are Rodin and Sweatt, unless you mean those guys who will probably not be here anymore by the time Gaunce breaks out (usually takes a few years of NHL action).

Similar to saying we didn't need Kesler, I mean we already had Cassels, Morrison, Linden. Or why bother with the Sedins, in the WCE era we didn't have room for them on the first line anyways. Just remember that typical prospects take 5-10 years to reach their full potential, none of our LWs are signed for that long, and Burrows/Higgins are not getting any younger.

Edited by LostViking

If Gaunce is playing LW right now because his team is stacked, that's fine. I just hope he is mainly developed by the Canucks as a centre.

Expectations of Canuck's junior players is so over th top when it comes to reality.

Meh. Nobody has gone over the top with expectations for anyone since Shirokov (Malkin-esque) and perhaps (Future Captain) Hodgson.