b3.

Brendan Gaunce Talk

4,545 posts in this topic

Not saying he can't develop into a top 6 center. Just that many scouts say his offensive outputs may be maxed out at a 3C role with PK and defensive responsibilities in the NHL. If he can develop into this role I think he was a savvy pick. So I'm going off NHL scouts and not bias people on this forum to make my projections.

Fair, and I'm not necessarily guaranteeing Gaunce will be a top 6 centre either. I'm just simply saying I'm hopeful of that and I believe he can do better than what scouts are projecting for him. After all, there are a ton of examples of players in the NHL who have overcome the odds and become better than anyone thought they would be. Doesn't hurt to be hopeful. If he does max out as a 3rd line checking centre, hey, that's fine too. Heaven knows we could use that exact piece on the team right now.

You must have mis-read my post. There are some people I've heard complain that he finished at only a point per game and that doesn't bode well for his numbers at the NHL level I'm saying that I don't put much stock into that, I think he can still be a top 6 offensive contributor on the NHL, regardless of the fact he didn't rip up the OHL. Really don't know how you read my post and got out of it that I'm not excited. Couldn't be further from the truth.

I have watched the only game I could watch and that was when Sportsnet broadcast Belleville vs Niagra a little while ago.

sorry. Must have mis understood. Anyways I can't wait to see this kids path to the nhl. I hope canucks brass are patient with his development.

Even if Gaunce becomes an elite 3rd line center that can score I'd be extremely happy with the pick. And that's exactly what he's projected to be when he develops.

Not saying he can't develop into a top 6 center. Just that many scouts say his offensive outputs may be maxed out at a 3C role with PK and defensive responsibilities in the NHL. If he can develop into this role I think he was a savvy pick. So I'm going off NHL scouts and not bias people on this forum to make my projections.

Many scouts also pegged Ryan kesler as maxing out as a 3rd line centerman. I was so damn pissed when Canucks picked Ryan kesler, I was like wtf is this b.s? Are you kidding me? Ryan Kesler? How bout Tambelleni or Mike Richards? another 3rd line player? (we recently drafted another safe pick in Nathan Smith at the time so I was really really pissed off)

but guess what. Ryan Kesler almost notched 50 points with a busted hip. Things turned out well.

Many scouts also pegged Ryan kesler as maxing out as a 3rd line centerman. I was so damn pissed when Canucks picked Ryan kesler, I was like wtf is this b.s? Are you kidding me? Ryan Kesler? How bout Tambelleni or Mike Richards? another 3rd line player? (we recently drafted another safe pick in Nathan Smith at the time so I was really really pissed off)

but guess what. Ryan Kesler almost notched 50 points with a busted hip. Things turned out well.

You obviously didn't read the first line in the sentence. "not saying he can't develop into a top 6 center"

Actually they said if he improved his skating he had the opportunity to be a top 6 forward

Actually they said if he improved his skating he had the opportunity to be a top 6 forward

i have often wondered if his skating looked suspect because he plays on olympic ice. When i saw him practice in the summer with the canucks i didnt think he looked slow. Although he didnt seem to have that quick explosive stride. kind of skated like hodgson to be honest.

i have often wondered if his skating looked suspect because he plays on olympic ice. When i saw him practice in the summer with the canucks i didnt think he looked slow. Although he didnt seem to have that quick explosive stride. kind of skated like hodgson to be honest.

Its more his accleration, I think his overall skating speed is ok and there is the opportunity to improve since he is a big guy and has long legs, just needs to work on speed in confined area or so was said.

I think he has improved more so hopefully he can continue to improve.

Belleville and Mississauga are playing Game 1 of their first round series today - Belleville's up 3-0 at the end of the first. Gaunce with a goal and an assist so far.

Gaunce with 2 goals and 1 assist after 2 periods in game 1 of the playoffs.

Bulls seem to be rag dolling Mississauga

Bulls seem to be rag dolling Mississauga

Sounds like it's a rough game.

3 fights in the first 5 minutes, and a series of slashing and roughing calls.

Damn was gunna post that, DeNiro beat me too it.

Great to see Gaunce doing well.

Belleville wins Game 1 8-1 over Mississauga. Gaunce with 2 goals, 2 assists, +3.

Edited by stonecoldstevebernier

Well atleast we know he doesn't disappear in the playoffs.

Beast.

Edited by TheGame.

Yep, I think Gaunce and Belleville are the real deal.

Yep, I think GAUNCE and Belleville are the real deal.

ok who else is getting excited for this kid