b3.

Brendan Gaunce Talk

4,741 posts in this topic

Who's the favourite to win this match?

They're the two strongest teams from the East, and a very close match-up, but I give the edge to the Bulls based on better goaltending and home ice advantage. Going to be a great series.

You have a good chance of being wrong if you say never. Gaunce plays a mans game already and he should be able to secure a few games at the NHL level after pre-season.

LOL do you know what chances mean?

The chance of getting hit by a lightning is 1 in a 1,000,000. So I have a whole better chance of being right if I say I'll never get hit by lightning than I do at saying I will.

But maybe I did misunderstand you. Of course I'm not ruling out him getting 9 games, although that also is highly unlikely.

I am saying he will not stick with the team next year and will be sent back down to juniors.

I am saying he will not stick with the team next year and will be sent back down to juniors.

That is the most likely outcome; however, Gaunce does differ from our recent centre prospects in that he has NHL-ready size and fits the profile of a 3rd line centre better than the skilled Hodgson or Schroeder. At 6'2, 215lbs, he's already bigger than every forward on our roster except for Sestito and Kassian. He's got a good shot to battle for that 3rd spot next year. Only Hank and Kesler signed so far.

If Gaunce has a good training camp give him some NHL games. If he plays well during this periid then think about keeping him as your 3C, especially if Higgins and Hansen will be his wingers. Not much to worry about. my one problem with rushing him is that our 3C plays a specialized defensive role and question what kind of offense we can get from him. We may be killing any offensive upside by rushing him into a strictly defensive role in the NHL. I'd rather give him training camp + 9 games and tell him to continue to work on his offensive game. That way when he steps in as a 3C in 2014-2015,he's a 3C that takes lot of D zone draws but can potential play on 2nd pp and generate offense instead of having him be a younger malholtra/pahlsson

That is the most likely outcome; however, Gaunce does differ from our recent centre prospects in that he has NHL-ready size and fits the profile of a 3rd line centre better than the skilled Hodgson or Schroeder. At 6'2, 215lbs, he's already bigger than every forward on our roster except for Sestito and Kassian. He's got a good shot to battle for that 3rd spot next year. Only Hank and Kesler signed so far.

He is not going to make it as a 3rd line center. We need a 3rd line center that can score. Unless he puts up Ryan O'Reilly numbers out the gate, he won't make it. We'll sign a veteran 3rd line center to compete on the 3rd line.

Gillis is obviously not going to leave a hole on the 3rd line and see if Gaunce can fill it - Gaunce will have to beat out an established NHL 3rd liner, which won't happen next year. We'll have to wait a couple years.

Game 1 of the OHL Eastern Conference Final (Belleville Bulls vs Barrie Colts) will be aired on Sportsnet 1 today at 4 so we'll be able to watch Gaunce play.

LOL do you know what chances mean?

The chance of getting hit by a lightning is 1 in a 1,000,000. So I have a whole better chance of being right if I say I'll never get hit by lightning than I do at saying I will.

But maybe I did misunderstand you. Of course I'm not ruling out him getting 9 games, although that also is highly unlikely.

LOL yes I do know what a chance is buds. I don't need some anon in a forum to tell me haha.

Yes you did not understand me, though I did say a FEW games. I never mentioned him sticking with the team all year. That was your own assumption.

On the game so far Gaunce has looked like a beast.

Split the defense for a breakaway and two shots right at the drop of the puck. Then went 1 on 3 and hemmed the Colts in their own zone during a PK shift.

On the game so far Gaunce has looked like a beast.

Split the defense for a breakaway and two shots right at the drop of the puck. Then went 1 on 3 and hemmed the Colts in their own zone during a PK shift.

Juicy. This guy is a stud.

Gaunce looking pretty strong so far.

Good sport watching this afternoon. This game, the Jays, and NYR - BUF

Anyone got a link to the game? Firstrow and ATDHE don't have a link unfortunately.

It's on TV... :picard:

Yeah Gaunce had a good period. Very noticeable. I really like how powerful he is and how he uses his size.

It's on TV... :picard:

Some of us don't have TVs.

And if I'm reading the scoresheet on the OHL website correctly, Graovac did not dress?

What's the news with him? That hurts Belleville quite a bit. The bulk of offense now lies on Gaunce.

Some of us don't have TVs.

And if I'm reading the scoresheet on the OHL website correctly, Graovac did not dress?

What's the news with him? That hurts Belleville quite a bit. The bulk of offense now lies on Gaunce.

graovac is injured

graovac is injured

Damn, that's a huge loss for them.

graovac is injured

Any word on how long? Is he out for the playoffs, will he return in this series, in the OHL championship series if they make it, etc.