2495 replies to this topic

#631 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,869 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

Gaunce with a hat trick tonight to go along with his best defensive forward award he received today. :)

That brings him up to 31 goals on the season. Not too shabby for a defensive forward.

Jebus! :shock:

:towel: Pretty excited about a future Kassian/Guance/Jensen line!

"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

jg4428.jpg2s9up7p.jpg

#632 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,178 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

What do you guys think his chances are of cracking team Canada next year?.. Just a had a crazy thought about how sick it would be if the next wjc was his coming out party. If he makes a huge impression we get the hodgson type excitement back! Haha

#633 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

What do you guys think his chances are of cracking team Canada next year?.. Just a had a crazy thought about how sick it would be if the next wjc was his coming out party. If he makes a huge impression we get the hodgson type excitement back! Haha

He'll for sure get the summer invite, though when it comes to the December camp he definitely has to have a productive fall. This past fall, he struggled a bit, and was injured in November, so he didn't get much of a look. I fully expect him to be on Canada, possibly at 3C. This is of course dependent upon which top prospects in this years draft make their respective NHL teams. If it's the case that MacKinnon, Drouin, Shinkaruk,and Monahan all are reassigned to junior then the hill is that much harder to climb. Add to that MacDavid (sp?) as increased competition.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#634 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,178 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

He'll for sure get the summer invite, though when it comes to the December camp he definitely has to have a productive fall. This past fall, he struggled a bit, and was injured in November, so he didn't get much of a look. I fully expect him to be on Canada, possibly at 3C. This is of course dependent upon which top prospects in this years draft make their respective NHL teams. If it's the case that MacKinnon, Drouin, Shinkaruk,and Monahan all are reassigned to junior then the hill is that much harder to climb. Add to that MacDavid (sp?) as increased competition.

That's the case every year but drouin and shunkaruk are wingers aren't they. He'll be a year older then some of the stars and they like giving the veterans the nod.. Would be sweet to have another canuck on team Canada

#635 Easton76

Easton76

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

Gaunce with the hatty!!

Shanahan went soft on Keith.

Keith is a pretty ugly dude after all....

#636 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,544 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

I like Gaunce. He's gonna be a player.
Posted Image

#637 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

Wow, he's had a fantastic year so far. This pick is looking pretty good.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#638 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:50 PM

Jebus! :shock:

:towel: Pretty excited about a future Kassian/Guance/Jensen line!

Oh yeah! All big boys, that's gonna be a line other teams will fear to play against!

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#639 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

http://www.bellevill...com/video/index

click on video's and watch Gaunce score his 3 goals. HIs 2nd goal was pavel Bure like.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#640 Kruger

Kruger

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

click on video's and watch Gaunce score his 3 goals. HIs 2nd goal was pavel Bure like.

Like how the commentator says "Oh captain my captian". Reminds me of a former Canuck captain. Forshadowing?

tumblr_my479bEk4K1qcga5ro1_500.gif

#641 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

Gaunce has scored on the powerplay - his 32nd goal of the year - for Belleville to give them a 2-0 lead over Mississauga midway through the 2nd period.

#642 bd71

bd71

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

When did Guance move to the wing?

#643 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

Gaunce finished with one powerplay goal, 2 PIMS and an even rating for Belleville today in a 3-0 win over the Mississauga Steelheads.

#644 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,157 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

When did Guance move to the wing?

He can play both C and LW.

And is response to thad.

I think he will make the team as a 3rd or 4th line guy. His size and faceoffs/defensive ability is something they will probably really like. And he is one of the very best defensive forwards in the CHL (Best in the O) So you gotta thing he will make it.

I'll say he will be the 3rd line Center. But I fully expect him to be on the squad if he continues to develop the way he has so far.

zackass.png

#645 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,157 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

His skating looks like it has really improved.

zackass.png

#646 bd71

bd71

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

Was at the Bulls v Steelheads game and Guance is clearly the LW on Graovac's line with Simmonds on the right side. He played no Center at all. I've seen Guance play probably 10 games in person in 3 seasons and I've never seen him play left wing. Although Graovac was one heck of a 7th round pick for the Wild. That kid is something else. From 27 points to 71 in 59 games and he's a monster. He looks amazing.

Just found that they moved him in January after the Graovac trade. Makes sense as I hadn't seen the Bulls since the trade.

Interesting. Great that he has flourished on the wing. He did look good there today although it was an extremely boring game. Not much effort from either team. Both mailing it in even though the Steelheads may have choked away a playoff spot with that effort.

#647 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,178 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

That's good news that he's comfortable on the left wing. With Jensen kassian both being RW, if we turn out deep down the middle in a couple years, it's good to know he won't be a question mark on the left wing.. Also gives him a quicker opportunity to get a look, he won't be just waiting for a center to get hurt if he can slot seamlessly in on the wing.

#648 bd71

bd71

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:14 AM

One of the things I really like about Guance is that a lot of his goals are from bad angles or in tight. He just has a nose for the net. A guy like Jensen is all flash but Guance is a hard working guy who gets the garbage goals in the tough spots. I think this is Gillis best draft pick outside of Cody Hodgson and Frank Corrado.

#649 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

Gaunce scored a goal and finished with a +2 rating for Belleville in a 5-2 win over the Sudbury Wolves today.

#650 Tom Sestito

Tom Sestito

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

He'll be a great 3rd line c some day :)
Posted Image
Thank you VC!

#651 stonecoldstevebernier

stonecoldstevebernier

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

OHL season is wrapping up today. Belleville will face Missisauga in the first round, Game 1 is Thursday.

Gaunce's final regular season stats:
60 GP, 33-27-60, 44 PIM, +10

Finished 44th overall in league scoring.

Posted Image

3DS FC: 2664 3135 8148. Feel free to add me!

#652 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,310 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

OHL season is wrapping up today. Belleville will face Missisauga in the first round, Game 1 is Thursday.

not bad considering his injury

Posted Image

#freetorts

-Credit to blueberries-

#653 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,157 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:28 AM

More goals and the same PPG in less games, in a season that was a wreck early on, the way he rebounded is really impressive.

It will be exciting to see how he does in the playoffs. He was touted as someone who played better when the games got more important. If I remember correctly.

zackass.png

#654 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

Solid season for Gaunce. I refuse to put much stock into the fact he finished with just a point per game. There are several examples of junior players who tear up their league and go on to do absolutely nothing at the NHL level. His team was also one of the lowest scoring in the OHL before they made the deadline deals and then he started to ramp it up along with the rest of the team and the new acquisitions.

I still believe if developed properly he can be a top 6 offensive contributor on top of being a for sure impact defensive player.

Edited by NuxFan09, 18 March 2013 - 02:30 PM.

#655 wizeman

wizeman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

Wow. This is great news. I always knew he was good defensively but did not know he could serve up these kinds of numbers. I am so excited about his future with the Canucks. :towel:

#656 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:42 AM

I don't know much of anything about this guy, but a point per game clip for a guy who missed time with an injury (?) is good enough for me.Then add the fact he was named the best defensive forward in the OHL's Eastern conference by the league's coaches.

He's had a very solid year.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#657 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,310 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:34 AM

Solid season for Gaunce. I refuse to put much stock into the fact he finished with just a point per game. There are several examples of junior players who tear up their league and go on to do absolutely nothing at the NHL level. His team was also one of the lowest scoring in the OHL before they made the deadline deals and then he started to ramp it up along with the rest of the team and the new acquisitions.

I still believe if developed properly he can be a top 6 offensive contributor on top of being a for sure impact defensive player.

so your not excited about jensen either? His best ohl season was ppg as well. Stop looking at just numbers bro. Watch the games.

Posted Image

#freetorts

-Credit to blueberries-

#658 Phamda

Phamda

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:43 AM

so your not excited about jensen either? His best ohl season was ppg as well. Stop looking at just numbers bro. Watch the games.

From what I read it sounds like he's excited. He's projecting him as a no. 2 center

#659 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:19 AM

You must have mis-read my post. There are some people I've heard complain that he finished at only a point per game and that doesn't bode well for his numbers at the NHL level I'm saying that I don't put much stock into that, I think he can still be a top 6 offensive contributor on the NHL, regardless of the fact he didn't rip up the OHL. Really don't know how you read my post and got out of it that I'm not excited. Couldn't be further from the truth.

I have watched the only game I could watch and that was when Sportsnet broadcast Belleville vs Niagra a little while ago.

Edited by NuxFan09, 19 March 2013 - 10:22 AM.

#660 Z. Kassian

Z. Kassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

You must have mis-read my post. There are some people I've heard complain that he finished at only a point per game and that doesn't bode well for his numbers at the NHL level I'm saying that I don't put much stock into that, I think he can still be a top 6 offensive contributor on the NHL, regardless of the fact he didn't rip up the OHL. Really don't know how you read my post and got out of it that I'm not excited. Couldn't be further from the truth.

I have watched the only game I could watch and that was when Sportsnet broadcast Belleville vs Niagra a little while ago.

Not saying he can't develop into a top 6 center. Just that many scouts say his offensive outputs may be maxed out at a 3C role with PK and defensive responsibilities in the NHL. If he can develop into this role I think he was a savvy pick. So I'm going off NHL scouts and not bias people on this forum to make my projections.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.