The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

Some highlights from his O.H.L. games (not my video)

seems like a pretty smart player, knows where to go to score and has the size/ strength to get there, plus he's got a pretty strong shot. Dubinsky seems right, doesn't stand out in one area but quite versatile.

Btw what happened to the team's 3rd picks? I know that the 4th went to Columbus for Pahlsson.

I have to say I like the fact that Gaunce's ceiling is comparable to that of O'Reilly but the thing that impresses me the most is that at worst, we can probably expect a Manny Malhotra type. To me, this kid seems like one of the most "can't miss" prospects in this draft. I doubt he's ready to be a full time center in the NHL this year, but I think we'll see him centering the third line as early as the 13-14.

His size should complement Schroeder well. Imagine this scary kid line in 2 years time:

Jensen - Gaunce - Kassian

His size should compliment Schroeder well... let's not bother putting them on the same line.

That is a pretty good-sized kid line right there. Reminds me of the Ducks 1st line? Eh? Eh?

Eh...

How old do you have to be to play in AHL? is he eligible for the upcoming season?

You need to be 20 to start the year in the A, so no he's not elligable, however if I'm not mistaken, once his next season in the OHL concludes, he is elligable to Join the Wolves if they want him for the last few games of their season and into the AHL playoffs

You need to be 20 to start the year in the A, so no he's not elligable, however if I'm not mistaken, once his next season in the OHL concludes, he is elligable to Join the Wolves if they want him for the last few games of their season and into the AHL playoffs

Cool thanks, I thought I had read a scout saying he looked ready to play at the pro level but wasn't sure if he was saying he could.

At 6"2' 217 and (according to TSN) being the most positionally sound player in the draft, he has to be at least top 10.

His size might be NHL ready but there's obviously a lot more that goes into being ready for the NHL than just size.

I just watched a few of the Belleville Bulls's game highlights and I figure that Gaunce is also a tremendous playmaker while being gritty and goes to the net. I recommend to also search up the Belleville Bulls's game highlights in order to see how Gaunce blends in to a team.

Some highlights from his O.H.L. games (not my video)

seems like a pretty smart player, knows where to go to score and has the size/ strength to get there, plus he's got a pretty strong shot. Dubinsky seems right, doesn't stand out in one area but quite versatile.

Btw what happened to the team's 3rd picks? I know that the 4th went to Columbus for Pahlsson.

Went to Anaheim in the Lapierre trade

he's actually 215, according to most sites. 207 is probably out of date.

This is false. 215lbs is the figure thats incorrect.

At the combine, where they do official height and weight measurements of every attending prospect, he weighed in at 207lbs. That's why some blogs update it to match the most up to date measurements rather than the inflated ones on the website.

His height is 6'1.75, officially.

Edited by DJ Kreuzberg

I wonder what number he'll year? (Have him in NHL 12 and trying to figure it out) I found out today he wears 10 on team Canada, so I guess he'll likely wear 10 because of that or 26 because of the # he was drafted whenever he makes the team. What do you all think?