2745 replies to this topic

#181 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,015 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:29 PM

Gaunce with a shootout goal to go with his game tying goal. Ties things up at 2.

And J.Subban scores to win it for Belleville!

Wow, they were lucky to win that one. Gaunce with an awesome game though. :)

Edited by DeNiro, 10 October 2012 - 06:31 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#182 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,263 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:18 AM

Brendan "the Bull" Gaunce

#183 bd71

bd71

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:39 AM

Guance is headlining the OHL network page today if you wanted to take a look. http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com

If you check out the highlights from the game Wednesday take a look at the pass Jordan S makes to Sergei Kuptsov who dishes to Guance for the game tying goal. That's a serious play right there! Subban is small but he is starting to look better and better.

Guance has been looking much better lately after the slow start. Malcolm Subban hasn't been nearly as good as expected just yet but I'm sure he will come around.

For the GTA Canucks fans Belleville is at Brampton tonight if you wanted to check out Guance.

#184 whysoserious

whysoserious

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

Guance is headlining the OHL network page today if you wanted to take a look. http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com

If you check out the highlights from the game Wednesday take a look at the pass Jordan S makes to Sergei Kuptsov who dishes to Guance for the game tying goal. That's a serious play right there! Subban is small but he is starting to look better and better.

Guance has been looking much better lately after the slow start. Malcolm Subban hasn't been nearly as good as expected just yet but I'm sure he will come around.

For the GTA Canucks fans Belleville is at Brampton tonight if you wanted to check out Guance.

Man, that was a nice pass.
Posted Image

#185 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,015 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

1 Assist today for Gaunce in a 2-0 Belleville win. He now has 7 points in 8 games, and has gotten his +/- down to -5. Which is good considering where it was.

The bulls are now 3rd in the Eastern Conference, and only 2 back of Oshawa.

Posted Image

#186 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,998 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

Lp

#187 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,655 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:19 PM

Posted Image

#188 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:21 PM

^^^ Screw Towes, that's captain serious right there!

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 14 October 2012 - 08:26 AM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#189 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,015 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:47 AM

Gaunce with a goal in a 4-1 Belleville win tonight.

Belleville continues to keep pace for top spot in their conference.

Posted Image

#190 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,263 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

wow, belleville's doing great and gaunce with 8 pts (4 G 4A) in 9 games is very promising; and he's cut his +/- in half from -8 to -4 and on an upward trend every game. great stuff.

it's funny, the only times he got a minus were the 3 games he failed to register a point in, that -5 night was a killer.

Edited by avelanch, 16 October 2012 - 08:04 AM.

#191 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,695 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:46 AM

mobile bump
Posted Image

#192 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,695 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

Gaunce was ranking a lot higher up in the draft early last season, but he obviously fell. The question is why. Foot speed?
Posted Image

#193 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,263 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:01 AM

Gaunce was ranking a lot higher up in the draft early last season, but he obviously fell. The question is why. Foot speed?

he was 7th in the OHL preseason (doesn't include all of NA), 11th in NA at midterm, and 13th in NA at final rankings. everyone got caught up in the defenceman panic "ZOMG all the d-men are going! I need to pick up a D-man before they are all gone!!!!!!" it's how he fell to us. well, that and some questionable picks going before us.

#194 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,695 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

In that case i'm glad we have the ability to attract college d-men who are just as good as a lot of these 1st rounders. (Well, aside from Justin Schultz that is.) That way we can draft the best player available instead of panic.

On a side note, Forsberg and Grigorenko falling all the way to Washington and Buffalo is also explained by that panic.

Looking further, Gaunce was ranked as the 5th NA forward, but was the 9th NA forward drafted. Some teams obviously went for some long shots. Calgary comes to mind.

I like Gaunce's willingness to scrap, even with proven fighters. This is something Hodgson would never do. 'Heart of a Canuck?'
Posted Image

#195 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,263 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:26 AM

In that case i'm glad we have the ability to attract college d-men who are just as good as a lot of these 1st rounders. (Well, aside from Justin Schultz that is.) That way we can draft the best player available instead of panic.

On a side note, Forsberg and Grigorenko falling all the way to Washington and Buffalo is also explained by that panic.

Looking further, Gaunce was ranked as the 5th NA forward, but was the 9th NA forward drafted. Some teams obviously went for some long shots. Calgary comes to mind.

I like Gaunce's willingness to scrap, even with proven fighters. This is something Hodgson would never do. 'Heart of a Canuck?'

Cody dropped the gloves his 3rd game back in the OHL after being drafted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7HUhGqx0Pg

he didn't have to to drop the gloves though, and he certainly isn't built to do so. but in certain situations he would drop it, if necessary. you can't say it's something he would never do, as it's something he already did.

as for heart of a canuck, when was the last time the sedins dropped them?

Edited by avelanch, 16 October 2012 - 10:28 AM.

#196 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,695 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:24 AM

Hehe. Cody's only 'fight' (more like a grab, fall and roll) might've been a bit selective, as Andrew Agozzino is 5'-7". Whereas Gaunce has actually thrown, even with bigger, more proven scrappers. Something that Cody has never done (and likely will never do.)

Cody did roll that little guy good though.

As for 'heart of a Canuck', maybe the Bulls' color scheme had me thinking old flying v and the steamer. Obviously I wasn't thinking Sedins when i was mentioning scrapping.
Posted Image

#197 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,263 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:30 AM

i just don't see why liking a current prospect necessitates bashing a former prospect. it runs rampant on these boards, I just don't understand it. Cody's a great player, Gaunce will be great, Kass is great. who they are affiliated with currently doesn't change that.

#198 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,695 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

On that note, the Sedins' 'zero fights' record... Is that good? Or bad?
Posted Image

#199 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,695 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:34 AM

Oh i wasn't going to bash Cody until you led me to do so. He's not a fighter.
Posted Image

#200 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,263 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:35 AM

On that note, the Sedins' 'zero fights' record... Is that good? Or bad?

i'd rather they not fight. save their hands for the goals and assists that do more damage to the other team than their fists would ever do.

#201 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,263 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

Oh i wasn't going to bash Cody until you led me to do so. He's not a fighter.

you started it with

there was no reason to bring up cody, at all. you chose to do so, why? I'll never know.

#202 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,695 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

A continuing comparison to Cody is fair. Esp. when both are young centers from Markham, Ontario. At the moment i guess i baited you into 'defending Cody's honour' in the Gaunce thread and for that i am sorry.

The overall fighting or no fighting debate will go on, and while the Sedins are of course honourable with 'heart', the Marchand incident in particular was very shameful, imo. Heck, even Lidstrom, Sundin or Forsberg would've dropped 'em there. Or at least tackled him. Meh. Old news.
Posted Image

#203 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,263 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:06 PM

in the sedin situation, someone else should have came in a beat marchand to a pulp. there were 3 other people on the ice, it was time to drop the punk.

#204 mrsasaki

mrsasaki

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

I know once Hank scrapped with Perry but they didn't get majors
CDC Sim Connected: Nashville GM
LOB (PS3): Boston GM

#205 Nucks-4-Life

Nucks-4-Life

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

You can thank the teams in front of us for going off the board. That's the only reason he fell to us. Not to be a homer, but he goes 2nd overall in NHL 13.

Calgary's pick still make me lol. Kid was playing in a high school league. Thanks Feaster, the mediocrity in cowtown shall continue...

#206 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,578 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:54 PM

Gaunce was ranked #13 NA skater by CS.

And some people did go off board - most noticeable being the Calgary Flames who took Mark Jankowski out of nowhere. Also, Philadelphia took Scott Laughton who I had hoped we would land at 26 because I thought Gaunce for sure would have been taken.

Foot speed probably has something to do with him dropping, but also that it was a deep draft with lots of defensive talents, and two exceptional goaltending prospects in Vasilevski and Subban - both of whom were taken before Gaunce.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#207 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:37 PM

You can thank the teams in front of us for going off the board. That's the only reason he fell to us. Not to be a homer, but he goes 2nd overall in NHL 13.

Calgary's pick still make me lol. Kid was playing in a high school league. Thanks Feaster, the mediocrity in cowtown shall continue...

Jankowski's supposed to be pretty good though, no?
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#208 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,109 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:14 AM

Not "the best player in a few years from this draft good" like Feaster claims

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#209 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,263 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:26 AM

pretty good? yes. better than anyone else taken between cow town's 1st and 2nd pick? lol, no. he could have gotten jankowski in the 2nd, most likely even their 3rd round. everyone was scratching their heads on that one. hell I think half the flames management team on stage was a little perplexed.

Edited by avelanch, 17 October 2012 - 07:30 AM.

#210 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

everyone was scratching their heads on that one. hell I think half the flames management team on stage was a little perplexed.

Yeah, I'm surprised nobody lost their job over that one.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.