3118 replies to this topic

#211 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:31 AM

Yeah, I'm surprised nobody lost their job over that one.

yet is the key word my friend :P

#212 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:58 AM

yet is the key word my friend :P

Ha ha yeah! I guess there's still time!

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#213 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,982 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:10 PM

Belleville played Sudbury tonight in a battle of the prospects. No points for either Corrado or Gaunce, Corrado was a +1 and had 2PIMs though. Gaunce was a -2. Sudbury won 3-2 although Belleville outshot Sudbury 35-24.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#214 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,416 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:12 PM

Gaunce is not having the best of starts to the season, but I hope he can pick it up.

And I'm pretty sure Jordan Subban is leading Gaunce's team (Belleville Bulls) in scoring and he's a defenseman - not only that, this is his draft year meaning he's only 17 years old. I'd like to see Gaunce lead his team in that category ...

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#215 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,090 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

Well, Gaunce is not the next Crosby, no. But he's doin' a'ight.
Posted Image

#216 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,139 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

Mobile

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#217 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,982 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

Apparently Gaunce got hurt in Friday's game against Sudbury.

@News1130Sports #Canucks #1 draft pick Brendan Gaunce will be sidelined for 3-6 weeks with a second degree shoulder separation in the OHL.

Gaunce sidelined three to six weeks

Bulls Head Coach and General Manager George Burnett announced Tuesday that team captain Brendan Gaunce will be sidelined for the next three to six weeks with a second degree shoulder separation suffered late in the third period in Friday's 3-2 loss to the Sudbury Wolves.

Gaunce, who has played an integral role in the leadership and chemistry of the team early on this season, will undergo treatment and rehabilitation in the coming weeks in the hopes of making a safe and smooth return to the Bulls lineup.

With four goals and five assists through his first eleven games, Gaunce has also played a large role in the early season success of the Bulls penalty kill that ranks first in the OHL with a 91.4% efficiency rate. The club's penalty kill has been so effective, that it is five percentage points ahead of the second placed Saginaw Spirit.

The unfortunate news comes just after Gaunce was named to Team OHL for the upcoming Subway Super Series being held in Guelph and Sarnia on November 8th and 12th.

Edited by elvis15, 23 October 2012 - 10:21 AM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#218 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,090 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:41 AM

This is unfortunate. Get well soon, Brendan.
Posted Image

#219 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 35,564 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

crappy, no subway super series for him, and this'll probably write him out of any chance he had at the world juniors too (as small as it may have been, especially with the lockout) take your time getting healed brendan.

#220 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

Ah injured now, I don't like the way his season is going at all.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#221 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 26,460 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

Hopefully he'll still be in the mix for selection to the WJHC squad, but not being able to play in the Super Series might hurt his chances.

I find the WJHC has become a bit much in terms of the obsessive way Canadians have started to follow the tournament. My interest is still there but it'd be more fun to watch knowing that one of our prospects is on Team Canada. Allows Canucks fans to watch with a bit more analytic mind. Otherwise it can be a bit tiring to watch the "jump into the boards" goal celebrations over and over and over after every goal IMO.
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#222 ZackAttack-9

ZackAttack-9

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

Yea the dates aren't looking good to see Gaunce in the WJ, where he'd be a returning vet if I'm not mistaken.

Another other of our prospects in the WJHC ?

#223 ZackAttack-9

ZackAttack-9

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

Ah injured now, I don't like the way his season is going at all.

Neither does he... what is he soft now? The very best players in the world get injured. Speaking from no experience on the guy I'll shut up. But I will comment as far as to say you've made a thoughtless statement.

#224 SEAN HARNETT

SEAN HARNETT

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

Neither does he... what is he soft now? The very best players in the world get injured. Speaking from no experience on the guy I'll shut up. But I will comment as far as to say you've made a thoughtless statement.

He never mentioned anything about being soft, just how he doesn't like how his season is going so far..... He's almost a point a game guy however and his penalty killing is top notch. I really like this guy and can see his bottom being a third line centre but I think his ceiling is much much higher.
:towel:

#225 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

I'm not just talking about his injury... he was a -8 at one point in the season and is still a minus I'm pretty sure. Some of that has to do with the team obviously.

I didn't say I don't like him or how he's playing just not how his season is going for him so far.

Edit: ^^^ guess he beat me to it haha

Edited by TheGame., 23 October 2012 - 07:02 PM.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#226 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 35,564 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

he was -8, he's cut it in half to -4, so it's going the correct way.

#227 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

Yea the dates aren't looking good to see Gaunce in the WJ, where he'd be a returning vet if I'm not mistaken.

Another other of our prospects in the WJHC ?

Gaunce wasn't on the 2012 WJHC team? But Jensen is more than likely our only prospect that will be in the tournament. (hopefully I'm wrong :|)

hL9YqYN.jpg

#228 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,085 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:12 PM

World Junior team is going to loaded this year.

Maybe if it wasn't a lockout he would have been on the team.

#229 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:27 AM

Not a good start, especially because of the shoulder injury. Now he'll be out 1+ month.

#230 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,605 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:24 AM

Gaunce wasn't on the 2012 WJHC team? But Jensen is more than likely our only prospect that will be in the tournament. (hopefully I'm wrong :|)

Jensen won't be there either

Denmark was relegated after last year.
Posted Image

#231 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,605 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

World Junior team is going to loaded this year.

Maybe if it wasn't a lockout he would have been on the team.

Even then - it is highly unlikely.

Too much talent even without the NHL players in the line-up.
Posted Image

#232 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 35,564 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

Even then - it is highly unlikely.

Too much talent even without the NHL players in the line-up.

without the NHL players it would have been possible if they wanted at least 1 quasi defensive line, but even then his slow start didn't help, and this injury pretty much seals it, even if the lockout ends before the WJC.

#233 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,605 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:46 AM

without the NHL players it would have been possible if they wanted at least 1 quasi defensive line, but even then his slow start didn't help, and this injury pretty much seals it, even if the lockout ends before the WJC.

That's why I said highly unlikely.

If you look at the roster of the Canada-Russia challenge during the summer - Huberdeau was the only lock (on Forward) to be in the NHL. I doubt that Strome and Schiefile would've been in the NHL. So that opens one, maybe two spots.

But you got - Druin, Mackinnon, Lazar, Griffith, Wilson, St. Croix, Sissons, Mcneil also battling for those spots.
Posted Image

#234 bd71

bd71

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:26 PM

I'm not just talking about his injury... he was a -8 at one point in the season and is still a minus I'm pretty sure. Some of that has to do with the team obviously.

I didn't say I don't like him or how he's playing just not how his season is going for him so far.

Edit: ^^^ guess he beat me to it haha

The minus doesn't really match up with how the Bulls are doing. They are 7-3-1 so far and have scored a fair amount more than they have let in. His current -6 isn't great. Most of it is one bad game but still.

He is way down the list in scoring this year. I had expected more but it is sometimes hard to bounce back after your draft year. It is pretty common for a guy who was drafted fairly high to struggle a bit in the following season. Look at Jensen last year. He took a while to get going and didn't have a spectacular season in the OHL. Even guys like Dougie Hamilton, Hubredeau, etc. can struggle in junior after being drafted. Doesn't worry me much. Guance is a solid player.

I was impressed he got the one game Super Series invite. It's too bad he will miss that. It's a great chance to impress for the WHJC team.

#235 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:03 PM

The minus doesn't really match up with how the Bulls are doing. They are 7-3-1 so far and have scored a fair amount more than they have let in. His current -6 isn't great. Most of it is one bad game but still.

He is way down the list in scoring this year. I had expected more but it is sometimes hard to bounce back after your draft year. It is pretty common for a guy who was drafted fairly high to struggle a bit in the following season. Look at Jensen last year. He took a while to get going and didn't have a spectacular season in the OHL. Even guys like Dougie Hamilton, Hubredeau, etc. can struggle in junior after being drafted. Doesn't worry me much. Guance is a solid player.

I was impressed he got the one game Super Series invite. It's too bad he will miss that. It's a great chance to impress for the WHJC team.

Yeah, hopefully he recovers fast.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#236 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:15 AM

Since I highly doubt there will be any NHL this year getting a roster spot on the WJ team will be a plum. It could rival the 2004 WJ's for talent.

#237 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:43 PM

Since I highly doubt there will be any NHL this year getting a roster spot on the WJ team will be a plum. It could rival the 2004 WJ's for talent.

Yeah, I'm getting excited for it!

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#238 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,605 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:08 PM

I going to assume you mean the 2005 WJHC.

As this years is the 2013 WJHC.
Posted Image

#239 Bourdon_28

Bourdon_28

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

I might be going to talk to Gaunce today, doing a story on him for school.

If I talk to him I'll let you guys know what he says, I'm asking him questions about him, not hockey, as my story is focusing on "Getting to know the real Brendan Gaunce"

#240 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 35,564 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

cool, it's always fun interviewing hockey players.

are you going to call it"Brendan Gaunce: the man, the myth, the future legend"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.