The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tommorow... Every one of us

Merci

My god this site makes we sad for the future. Princess, I do not need to love 1 and hate the other. Luongo has proven to be elite for several years, that doesn't mean I think we need to keep him forever. It is time for a change and we all saw it get make in game 3. When you consider, salary and age it's ok to want Schneider but not despise Luongo. I realize that kind of complicated thought is too much for many fanboys.

Oh christ, he isn't top 5 but he might be #6. Fine, you win. Now name the 5 that have been elite for any period of time.

Luongo is older, more expensive, is signed forever. We need to make a decision going forward, do we trade the future for a couple of years or do we get younger and cheaper? The Canucks don't KNOW that Schneider will be able to handle the load as a starter with no safety net but are taking a calculated risk. I think it's a great idea but it certainly isn't a sure thing.

While I am sure you can regale me with stories written on old parchment paper, you do know that Schneider isn't one of those 20-21 year old "flash in the pans" right? He has been a slow, steady project that was drafted in the 1st because of how good he is. This isn't a Raycroft, Mason situation. (I\d like to thank my dad for helping me with that historical data)

Oh christ, he isn't top 5 but he might be #6. Fine, you win. Now name the 5 that have been elite for any period of time.

Luongo is older, more expensive, is signed forever. We need to make a decision going forward, do we trade the future for a couple of years or do we get younger and cheaper? The Canucks don't KNOW that Schneider will be able to handle the load as a starter with no safety net but are taking a calculated risk. I think it's a great idea but it certainly isn't a sure thing.

Archived