The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tommorow... Every one of us

Merci

I just wonder if its going to be an 'expected deal' or something way out from left field like the cody hodgson trade

so many possibilities with our 2 goaltenders.. anything can happen really.

gotta trust in mg and hope for the best. i find its best not to think about it anymore, i like surprises.

I'm fully confident in saying that the media is full sh*t on this issue. This topic is being pushed because it sells papers, gains viewers and is making news. There is nowhere near as much momentum behind these rumours as being spun by TSN, Sportnet, or HNIC. Most of what is being reported is opinion, not fact.

But hey, I could be wrong, but I just don't see why even if we matched Luongo's deal and signed Schneider to an identical contract why we couldn't have both goaltenders next season. Luongo's contract is not all that unreasonable. In a few years when the cap is higher and goalies are making $7+ million a year we will be glad we signed him long term.

I've said it before but paying $10 million for two number one goaltenders isn't the worst thing we can do especially if they cam lead us to our first cup by working together.

I'm not saying things shouldn't change but why should we give up Luongo when he still has a role to play for the team, even if it means he starts only 35-40 games instead of his usual 50+. In the grand scheme it doesn't make that much of a difference as he gets older and his role moves from being an elite starter to a veteran working in tandem with a younger number 1.

Schneider has yet to prove he can handle the increased workload. Play next season assuming he will be given 45-50 games working in tandem with Luongo, if he proves he can do it, then re-evaluate Luongo's status in next year's offseason. Not now before you know what you have.

Giving up either goaltender now is an incredibly shortsighted decision.

I'm fully confident in saying that the media is full sh*t on this issue. This topic is being pushed because it sells papers, gains viewers and is making news. There is nowhere near as much momentum behind these rumours as being spun by TSN, Sportnet, or HNIC. Most of what is being reported is opinion, not fact.

But hey, I could be wrong, but I just don't see why even if we matched Luongo's deal and signed Schneider to an identical contract why we couldn't have both goaltenders next season. Luongo's contract is not all that unreasonable. In a few years when the cap is higher and goalies are making $7+ million a year we will be glad we signed him long term.

I've said it before but paying $10 million for two number one goaltenders isn't the worst thing we can do especially if they cam lead us to our first cup by working together.

I'm not saying things shouldn't change but why should we give up Luongo when he still has a role to play for the team, even if it means he starts only 35-40 games instead of his usual 50+. In the grand scheme it doesn't make that much of a difference as he gets older and his role moves from being an elite starter to a veteran working in tandem with a younger number 1.

Schneider has yet to prove he can handle the increased workload. Play next season assuming he will be given 45-50 games working in tandem with Luongo, if he proves he can do it, then re-evaluate Luongo's status in next year's offseason. Not now before you know what you have.

Giving up either goaltender now is an incredibly shortsighted decision.

Archived