The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Bobrovsky to Columbus

It gives them a goalie who can play decent minutes and at WORST will be a heavy-work backup to a better goalie. He's a good kid who's still getting better. At best, him and Mason play against each other for minutes and both get better.

I like the move. They don't need Vezina goal tending right now, they just need goal tending.

They will be getting a real starter soon....BOB will be the new back up......Mason needs a fresh start. For some reason I thought maybe CBJ would go after Backstrom from the wild since Harding resigned. However being in the same conference it would make more sense to go to the east. Anyone think Burkie would go after him if he doesn't get Luongo? Maybe Backstrom is too old for these rebuilding teams, but short term maybe an option.

It gives them a goalie who can play decent minutes and at WORST will be a heavy-work backup to a better goalie. He's a good kid who's still getting better. At best, him and Mason play against each other for minutes and both get better.

I like the move. They don't need Vezina goal tending right now, they just need goal tending.

Archived