The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Kassian Overhyped?

SpursCanuck

Kassian is going to be a force for this team soon and will be a fan favourite. The kid needs this full off season to train with the team and have an actual training camp. He should be playing top 6 on our team next year.

Sedins can make anyone a goal scorer, I say he plays with them. Don't expect 30 goals but 20-25 with 50-60pts and big hits and fights and just backing the Sedins up, is exactly what we need from him. In the playoffs he will be huge for us, just hopefully the kid gets proper ice time.

I said it before, Kassian on the 4th line playing 5mins a game is stupid and he will never reach his potential and develop. If we want him to be like a Lucic he needs consistant minutes in the top 6 and he will develop to what we want.

One thing I just don't get is why he was never used on the pp and just freakin parked there like so many teams do with their players. He is a big and strong guy that won't get pushed around easy. We saw what big buff did too the Canucks. Just seems like the coach is too scared to use young guys. The way I see it you throw your young guys in right away, because they have got a lot more to prove then guys with long term contracts. The Flyers trusted their young guys why can't our dumb coach?

Archived