The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Kassian Overhyped?

SpursCanuck

I was thinking about that the other day

Cody Hodgson was the most high profile draft pick we've had in years. And unlike so many picks of the past, he was actually enjoying success at the NHL level. It wasn't like he was only good in junior.

For the Canucks to give him up and get only Zack Kassian in return, they must think very highly of Kassian. Yes, Hodgson had issues with the management here but it wasn't bad enough that they needed to panic and trade him for nothing in return. MG clearly pulled the trigger on this move because he feels Kassian brings something to the team. What exactly I don't know. I can't see him ever being anything other than an average player in the league. Hopefully I'm wrong and pretty soon we all get a glimpse of what it was that MG saw in him that made him trade away one of our best young players.

Kassassin is in the unfortunate position of not being compared to CoHo, but what some people believe CoHo was going to turn into.

If you believe that CoHo was going to be Joe Sakic as long as he was in a Nucks uniform, then Kass will never have a chance with you. Keep in mind, though. Zach never called up GMMG and requested to come here at the expense of Cody. Just a kid doing what he is told and eager to make a name for himself.

Power forwards are like big skilled Dmen, it takes longer to develop them and you can never have enough.

What I have seen:

he skates quite well and has good ice vision and when he hits, he takes his man out of the play but doesn't take himself out because he can hit hard and stay balanced. He has good hands around the net and in interviews, seems generaly likeable.

Give him a chance, if you are miffed about the trade, take it out on Gillis, and still want Kass to do well for us like an adult would. Be a team player, guys :)

Kassassin is in the unfortunate position of not being compared to CoHo, but what some people believe CoHo was going to turn into.

If you believe that CoHo was going to be Joe Sakic as long as he was in a Nucks uniform, then Kass will never have a chance with you. Keep in mind, though. Zach never called up GMMG and requested to come here at the expense of Cody. Just a kid doing what he is told and eager to make a name for himself.

Power forwards are like big skilled Dmen, it takes longer to develop them and you can never have enough.

What I have seen:

he skates quite well and has good ice vision and when he hits, he takes his man out of the play but doesn't take himself out because he can hit hard and stay balanced. He has good hands around the net and in interviews, seems generaly likeable.

Give him a chance, if you are miffed about the trade, take it out on Gillis, and still want Kass to do well for us like an adult would. Be a team player, guys :)

It is all about having the best possible players,drafting the best and trading for the best.

Zach is pretty much an unknown as his body of work here is limited.

As Gillis won't be skating on the ice any time soon,the fans usually focus in on the players on the ice.

Archived