Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* - - - - 5 votes

Is Kassian Overhyped?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
163 replies to this topic

#151 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,783 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:36 PM

This is almost as dumb as the Do we really want Burrows thread.

Actually I just made up my mind. This thread right here sums up what's wrong with this fan base.

Why? Because we actually question your boyfriends potential? Clearly you're believing the comparisons to Lucic that the media have generated.
Posted Image

#152 Kassian

Kassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:41 PM

Why can't Canuck fans support their players...it's just ridiculous. We truely do have one of the worst fanbases in the league IMO.

Posted Image

#153 Guest_gumballthechewy_*

Guest_gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:41 PM

No problem, but read the link I posted for a laugh.

Yeah, this site is always good for a laugh. Not that I'm saying I've never posted something incredibly stupid because I have! Oh lord have I ever!! But most of the time I'm just goofing around or being sarcastic, only problem is sarcasm doesn't translate well through text...

#154 DreamHerO

DreamHerO

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:28 PM

Why can't Canuck fans support their players...it's just ridiculous. We truely do have one of the worst fanbases in the league IMO.

Did you support Messier when he was a canuck?
Posted Image

#155 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:49 PM

He's no Cody Hodgson...
Posted Image

#156 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,437 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

I like chips and dip
Posted Image

#157 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,590 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:00 PM

He's no Cody Hodgson...

He's better!

No, but this kid is so under-hyped by Canucks fans.

I find it hilarious how fans have been whining for years that we need to get bigger. We need to get that young powerforward who can dominate. And now we have one with huge potential, and all fans can do is rip him because he's not golden boy Cody Hodgson.

Intelligent fans realize that this kid just turned 21, and wasn't going to step in the league and play a big role right away. He's still a fairly raw talent like many young powerforwards are.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#158 Kassian

Kassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

Messier is a different story. He completely ruined our team whereas Kassian literally has done nothing at all.

Posted Image

#159 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:20 PM

I am not alone in being a Canuck who hated Messier before he was even a Ranger. He was a cheap shot pos that makes Torres look like a Lady Byng winner.
After a few days here, I am surprised half of you got the anti-bot question correct to register for this site.

#160 Monty085

Monty085

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:23 PM

the only people who think he's overhyped are Hodgson lovers who still can't get over the trade and thought Hodgson was going to be a superstar.

#161 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,783 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:26 PM

the only people who think he's overhyped are Hodgson lovers who still can't get over the trade and thought Hodgson was going to be a superstar.

The comparisons to Lucic are grossly inaccurate as of right now.
Posted Image

#162 Monty085

Monty085

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

they're both big, their junior numbers are comparable and so are their early NHL numbers. Lucic had 27 points in 77 games his first season and Kassian has 10 in his first 44.

Kassian definitely has potential, maybe not to be AS good as Lucic but definitely up there. He is still only 21 after all

#163 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:50 PM

Kassian is going to be a force for this team soon and will be a fan favourite. The kid needs this full off season to train with the team and have an actual training camp. He should be playing top 6 on our team next year.

Sedins can make anyone a goal scorer, I say he plays with them. Don't expect 30 goals but 20-25 with 50-60pts and big hits and fights and just backing the Sedins up, is exactly what we need from him. In the playoffs he will be huge for us, just hopefully the kid gets proper ice time.

I said it before, Kassian on the 4th line playing 5mins a game is stupid and he will never reach his potential and develop. If we want him to be like a Lucic he needs consistant minutes in the top 6 and he will develop to what we want.

One thing I just don't get is why he was never used on the pp and just freakin parked there like so many teams do with their players. He is a big and strong guy that won't get pushed around easy. We saw what big buff did too the Canucks. Just seems like the coach is too scared to use young guys. The way I see it you throw your young guys in right away, because they have got a lot more to prove then guys with long term contracts. The Flyers trusted their young guys why can't our dumb coach?

Edited by cmpunk, 28 June 2012 - 05:54 PM.

Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#164 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:52 PM

But the comparisons at each level of development are not. Some people tend to read too much into rather simple statements.
After a few days here, I am surprised half of you got the anti-bot question correct to register for this site.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.