The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How is it possible for people to like dogs more than cats?

GLASSJAW

The whole "are you a dog or cat person?" conversation is so stupid, I think. But after going for my morning walk, I was baffled by the ridiculous behaviour of so many dogs, and how their equally baffling owners just stood there laughing about it all. What is the appeal in dogs?

Dogs are literally a decade long assault on your senses. They're loud, they smell, they never want to leave your sight

They want you to walk them all the time, they want you to feed them all the time, you have to bathe them all the time, and they want to walk beside you when you get up to get a glass of water.

I walk a lot, and I see dogs along the beach just running around with their dumb tongues hanging out, with people "cleaning up after them" and watching them fight with other dogs, which always spawns this awkward small talk between owners

I would list all the things that make cats better, but just imagine the exact opposite of what I just said, and you've got a nice little cat.

This criticism is not applied to labs, because labs are essentially overgrown cats, if raised properly

Dog owners are people who are infertile or afraid of the commitment a child requires. Dogs are for people who want to project their emotions onto stupid animals who will never progress to the point of being able to establish their own emotions (like a child does).

Thoughts?

colondee consider this a call out

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/36834168/ns/today-today_pets_and_animals/t/pet-saviors-animals-who-saved-human-lives/#.T-S095G9uSo

I see one smart cat who saved a human's live, yet a majority of the cases involve dogs. Face it: dogs are smarter than cats. There is no argument regarding that. Police officers use K9's as there partners, and the disabled use dogs as guidance. Do we ever see cats doing that? No.

I like cats better myself. But Canucks talk?

Anyway dogs need to much attention for my liking and requie way more upkeep. Cats are cleaner , self reliable and take care of any creepy crawlys at night. Not that I don't like dogs but I like cats more.

humans and dogs are linked from earliest extents of our history. Dogs have even evolved their vocal communication to communicate with humans, something no other animal has done. They have been a part of our lives for as long as there have been human communities!

I first realized I was a dog person shortly after adopting a cat.

cats can be anti-social and way too territorial (my friend's thought I was his/ her scratching pole)... or at the other end of the spectrum they don't want to leave your lap.

On the other hand, dogs are loyal, will play with you (cats only go for yarn/ mice... haven't tried this myself but do cats chase balls? Doubt it); of course, there are mean ones too but if I had to choose I would much rather have a nice, handsome, furry canine than a cat (plus it's funny how society keeps portraying cat owners as crazy people: TBBT Sheldon Zazzles, Crazy Cat Lady-- never heard much bad against dogs)

Archived