The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How is it possible for people to like dogs more than cats?

GLASSJAW

cats can be anti-social and way too territorial (my friend's thought I was his/ her scratching pole)... or at the other end of the spectrum they don't want to leave your lap.

On the other hand, dogs are loyal, will play with you (cats only go for yarn/ mice... haven't tried this myself but do cats chase balls? Doubt it); of course, there are mean ones too but if I had to choose I would much rather have a nice, handsome, furry canine than a cat (plus it's funny how society keeps portraying cat owners as crazy people: TBBT Sheldon Zazzles, Crazy Cat Lady-- never heard much bad against dogs)

I don't know what the big fuss is about.

Cats are good pets, great animals. Dogs are also great pets, and great animals.

Only realy difference I would say, having had 5 dogs, and 11 cats in my life, Dogs are far smarter. They are in some ways like 4 legged humans. They make many decisions much like people do. Cats may have the smarts as well, but out of all 11 cats I ever had, none of them ever showed me otherwise.

I'm not saying cats are dumb, I am just saying dogs are clearly smarter. Also, Cats are far more angry animals. There's a reason it's called being "catty".

And if someone comes back with the "Dogs just seem smarter because they are more obedient blah blah blah arguement...", you've clearly never owned a dog.

It seems to me that everyone who has only owned a Cat, or has had perhaps a bad experience with a Dog in some way, always loves to argue that Cats are better, smarter etc etc etc...... when it reality it's simple ignorance.

Same goes for the folks that hate cats because they had a bad experience with one once.

Archived