The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How is it possible for people to like dogs more than cats?

GLASSJAW

the op finds it a chore to walk/feed/bathe a dog thus, presenting him/herself as a lazy person, therefore the natural choice would be a cat which shares the same characteristics.

DOGS > cats. and i love most animals but a dog is a man's best friend. proof...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/sns-viral-video-dog-funeral,0,126959.htmlstory

LOL at the hitler pic.

For me, cats>dogs

I've just had too many experiences with poorly trained dogs that jump on people or bark at everything that moves. I've even been bitten. I was also traumatized when I was little from the dog next door who would chase me around my own yard if I went out to play.

Also, almost every time I go for a trail walk nearly every dog I cross paths with has to be restrained by their owner otherwise I'll be jumped on/bitten/killed. Is raising dogs really difficult or something?

Dogs are also really loud. Cats aren't. Although some can meow a lot, but I personally think it's hilarious when a cats meows. When I come home after work every day me and my cat will meow back and forth a bunch. I literally bust a gut when this happens, but my cat just gives me this sideways look everytime.

BTW, I typed this one handed because my cat is doing this:

Snapshot_20120622_1.jpg

He always does this when I get on my laptop.

I think cats get a worse rep then they deserve, but I am definitely a dog person.

Cats are solitary hunters (typically), while dogs are pack animals. Canines are more dependent on interaction than cats, so cats come off as pompous A-holes while dogs come off as lovable companions.

I have experienced many cats that liked to interact and play, but I have never had a connection with one as I do with my dog. Dogs are capable of reading human facial expressions, understand commands and have been closely associated with humanity for thousands of years now.

I read story about some Russian scientist breeding domesticated foxes. That would be a pretty kick-ass pet. If I got a fox, I would name a boy Mozilla, and a female Vulpix.

You must've had a bad run in with a dog. You're extremely bitter and bigoted towards anyone who doesn't share the same opinion over something as trivial as pets.

The best word to describe you is "butthurt".

Archived