The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How is it possible for people to like dogs more than cats?

GLASSJAW

I'm not against cats or dogs. I've had dogs all my life and a few years ago got a cat. Knew people growing up all my life with cats.

I like dogs better myself. Dogs love me.

Then again, most cats I meet love me too.

My step sister once had a boyfriend who had this giant great dane, and this dog was huge. Biggest dog I've seen in my life and everyone else that sees him said the same. The dog usually will just stick by it's owner and growl at whoever goes by. Scared the crap out of people. For some reason he loved me. Always laid with me all the time and he was way bigger than me also. Keep in mind I'm like 5'8".

For me, dogs are simply a much better friend and companion. I've had one dog and two cats up to this point.

My first cat Leopard (R.I.P) had to be put down due to cancer. She was a one of a kind cat in my opinion. She literally adopted me and my family instead of the other way around. She had been living with raccoons before that if you can believe it. She was also the friendliest, most loving cat I have ever known. I loved her, but I was also young and we never had a connection like I did with my dog.

My second cat Jingles lives with my sister now, and she is a total bitch.

My dog Jake (R.I.P) had to also be put down due to heart failure. He was definitely more than a pet to me, that's for sure. He loved me and I loved him. I had a connection with him that I could never have with a cat no matter how much I liked the cat. For me, there's just something about dogs that I understand. When Jake had to be put down I cried like a baby in front of countless people, which is something I would never consider doing for the sake of everyone involved. I have never felt so much grief in my life nor have I ever cried so much in my life.

Saying one is better than the other is going to result in a never ending argument. As long as everybody is fine with that and they can actually give reasons for their beliefs, then so be it.

I've had many cats and only one dog. I strongly prefer owning a dog. He was one of the things I missed most when I left home last year. Cats are stuck up. Even if a dog's loyalty is "stupidity," I'd rather have a dumb dog than a self-absorbed cat.

I don't hate cats, but after having both of them, I don't think I'll ever take another one over a dog. It's really going to hurt when my dog's gone, especially since I won't still be living here when it happens.

Be careful not to fall down the slippery slope there. At what point did I comment on the owner's preception? Hint: I didn't. I'm referring to the perceptions of the animals. They think =/= I feel. Hey, cats are cool and all but dogs are more loyal and appreciative. That is all.

All you people are fooooools!

You can't possibly know if cats are stuck up, pompous, or egotistical!

Just because you percieve it that way does not make it so. I percieve my manhood about 15" with a 8" girth but believe me, that is faaar from the truth my friends!

Unless any of you have been inside the mind of a cat then you can't make these absurd allegations.

Archived