Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Rumour] Canucks Sharks To Make A Trade?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
160 replies to this topic

#151 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:09 PM

The only trade that was going to happen today would have involved us giving a pick, not taking one.

Gillis wants guys to play NOW, not a couple years from now, so we obviously weren't trying to trade up.

Hockey trades are definitely still possible in these next rounds, as teams are focusing on specific players and positional needs.

If we had something with San Jose, then I doubt it's dead.

If we didn't, then as Bush said,"Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, can't fool me again."

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

MirandaKerr.jpg
2 0 1 5 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#152 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:36 AM

If we didn't, then as Bush said,"Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, can't fool me again."

An adaptation of another classic:

Most of our incoming trades come from other teams.
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#153 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,843 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:44 AM

Considering how this started with a nothing post on twitter, i'm kinda surprised at the length of this thread. Nothing happened on the trade front with this team today. On account Gillis cannot take on a salary dump at this point, and he doesn't want to give up a salary either unless his team actually improves. That'll take some time. Cheers.

TOML

comeundone.gif

#154 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,062 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:00 AM

There's so much wrong with this post I don't even know where to start.

First-Stacked with guys we need and you mention Vandermeer and Braun?!! WTF?!!

Second-Why would SJ trade Murray for another more inexperienced, less physical defenseman?!

Third-Why would SJ trade their only big top 6 winger for a somewhat overpriced defenseman and a faltering RFA in Raymond?!

Epic fail.

First - yes, we don't need lanky fragile OD's like Vlasic and Boyle (we've got enough in Bieksa, Edler, Tanev and Salo), but we need big physical hitters. Vandemeer was a hitting machine and Braun is big and has plenty of potential.

Second - If they're going to trade Murray, they'll need someone to fill his place and we need to move Ballard. I never said this was going to happen, I said this is what would be ideal for the Canucks and it isn't that farfetched - they don't lose depth this way.

Third - SJ has enough size up front with Pavelski, Thornton, Marleau etc. and not a whole lot of speed. Clowe didn't even score 20 goals and was a 40-point player, just like Raymond - stop over valuing guys because they're bigger, Clowe isn't as skilled as everyone thinks and Raymond is a lot better than most give him credit for compared to other forwards around the league.
Posted Image

#155 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,843 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:10 AM

Murray has lost a step by all accounts and Clowe is far superior to Raymond for when the games matter.

I hope Raymond improves, but we'll see.

I wouldn't turn Murray away if he was rebuildable, but we'll see.

I think Wilson is done with giving us good players for nothing. Cheers.

TOML

comeundone.gif

#156 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:21 AM

Douglas Murray would be a good upgrade at d size-wise. But why would SJ move him of all their d-men? And for anything you've mentioned here, Ballard, Raymond, Tanev? And the funniest of all - a 3rd rounder or Tanev straight up for Murray. Really? Does trading look and sound that easy to you? :lol:

Edited by Spoosh, 23 June 2012 - 01:21 AM.

© 2000, 2015 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

SuomenLippu.gif

#157 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,062 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:42 AM

And the funniest of all - a 3rd rounder or Tanev straight up for Murray. Really? Does trading look and sound that easy to you? :lol:

If Visnovsky can be traded for a 2nd round pick (who has a 30% chance of becoming an NHLer), clearly people on CDC don't understand the value of draft picks or why deals are made. As great defensively as Murray is, he had 4 assists in 60 games last season, is 32 and is on the decline. The sky's the limit for Tanev, if anything SJ would have to throw in a lot more for a Tanev-Murray swap.
Posted Image

#158 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,337 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:49 AM

What people are saying about Clowe now (ie. Raymond is just as good or Clowe is not as good, Clowe had a horrible year) is similar to what some have been saying about Booth last year. Where's Booth now?
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#159 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,156 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:25 AM

What people are saying about Clowe now (ie. Raymond is just as good or Clowe is not as good, Clowe had a horrible year) is similar to what some have been saying about Booth last year. Where's Booth now?

Canadian Tire buying arrows and barrels.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#160 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:40 AM

I WANT CLOWE!
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#161 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,156 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:44 AM

I WANT CLOWE!

Me too. Exactly what this team needs.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.