Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Why do I feel like we won't move anyone...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#31 MLT

MLT

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:05 PM

Love how people just think that if gillis snapped his fingers and wanted to make a trade for Rick Nash that it would happen and be easy to accomplish.

Trades are HARD TO MAKE in the NHL. If nobody is offering anything decent for Luongo then a trade won't happen.

Jesus
Posted Image

#32 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:12 PM

For a comparison of sorts.Mike Gillis to me is like the guy that goes to Value Village for a 2 peice suit off a squeaky hanger when for Christs sakes once in a while walk thru the door of Moores and risk getting quality.Juist unwilling to take a risk and maybe take one step back to take 2 steps forward.

Lol at getting a quality suit at Moore's. The Walmart of suits isn't the place to shop for a nice one.

What exactly do you suggest as "risky". Note, "risky" need not mean stupid or foolish.

And thanks again for the Moore's joke.
After a few days here, I am surprised half of you got the anti-bot question correct to register for this site.

#33 Aloha_Vancouver

Aloha_Vancouver

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:31 PM

OMG, you feel that they've been stagnant for 1 whole year despite two Pres? Why the **** would we care about getting better than Pittsburgh? God I hope we have a lockout, maybe we can lose a bunch of fairweather twits.

If we're not better than PIT, we cant beat them in the playoffs... Duh
Posted Image

#34 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:33 PM

If we're not better than PIT, we cant beat them in the playoffs... Duh

Oh yeah, kinda like this year. :)
After a few days here, I am surprised half of you got the anti-bot question correct to register for this site.

#35 canacks1970

canacks1970

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:56 PM

For a comparison of sorts.Mike Gillis to me is like the guy that goes to Value Village for a 2 peice suit off a squeaky hanger when for Christs sakes once in a while walk thru the door of Moores and risk getting quality.Juist unwilling to take a risk and maybe take one step back to take 2 steps forward.

IMO he's taken on more risked then the previous GM. Do you really think that Nonis would have traded Patrick White for Errhoff?
You don't think that Trading Hodgson for Kassian wasn't a risk? Or Trading A first rounder ,Grabner, for Ballard wasn't a risk! At least Gillis 's team competes every year since he taken over the helm. I also believe that signing Marco Sturn was also a gamble don't you think. And even though that player never panned out at least he got Booth out that deal.
You don't make trades for the sake of making one. You need two teams to agree on a deal! If the right deal doesn't come up you wait . The off season just started. Its not even July 1st yet.

#36 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,065 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:53 AM

Called it. No trades today.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#37 Thrill-House

Thrill-House

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:57 AM

If you don't like it go cheer for another team.
Posted Image

#38 CRAZY_4_NAZZY

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:57 AM

this offseason couldn't get any longer...

25gxmpw.png

#39 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:39 AM

Exciting, original thread! Keep up the good work!

#40 Sedinry

Sedinry

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:55 AM

Love how people just think that if gillis snapped his fingers and wanted to make a trade for Rick Nash that it would happen and be easy to accomplish.

Trades are HARD TO MAKE in the NHL. If nobody is offering anything decent for Luongo then a trade won't happen.

Jesus

Brian Burke came into the 1999 Draft with one goal and one dream, to get the 2 Sedins, he had almost nothing to offer to get them both. He ended up walking away with both. Good GM's do amazing things and MG is a good GM, he just needs to get back to it.

Edited by Sedinry, 23 June 2012 - 10:55 AM.

#41 Sedinry

Sedinry

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:57 AM

If you don't like it go cheer for another team.

Yeah ok so I'm goign to cheer for another team because Im worried about my team and the team I pay Season Tickets for.

I've been watching this team since 1991 kid.

#42 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

If I want a really nice suit, Moore's is not the first place I would look...

Not the best analogy IMHO.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#43 HockeyHobo73

HockeyHobo73

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:13 AM

Gillis learned his lesson about being hasty with trades at the draft. I blame the lack of movement on Ballard. lol

#44 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:19 AM

Brian Burke came into the 1999 Draft with one goal and one dream, to get the 2 Sedins, he had almost nothing to offer to get them both. He ended up walking away with both. Good GM's do amazing things and MG is a good GM, he just needs to get back to it.

MG has gotten "back to it." He's been in discussions the whole time. He was quoted as saying "I'm the problem" when asked why the Luongo trade hasn't happened yet. Tallon has said that he doesn't want to give up his top prospects for Lu. BB has said that "if we can upgrade for a reasonable price, we will...." which screams to me that we are being low-balled. Good on MG for taking his time and not jumping on any opportunity. Make these other GM's sweat a bit and then we'll see what happens. Patience people.
Posted Image

#45 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:36 AM

The Media (especially Team 1040) drive the BS. Getting sick of nothing but negativity.

1040 is full of a bunch of hacks for sure. That guy Moj is the biggest load on two feet ever.
Posted Image

#46 Dayman

Dayman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:59 AM

Because you feel right.

наилучшими пожеланиями,

Матушка Россия

#47 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

29mu5n9.jpg

#48 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78,742 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:34 PM

Once we sign Schneider the feeling will change.

It's coming.

307mg00.jpg

#49 Canada Hockey Place

Canada Hockey Place

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:10 PM

Please trade Ballard and sign Garrison.
Quando omni flunkus moritati

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.