Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Danimal

Boston Drafting an African-Canadian Player After the Joel Ward Ordeal

44 posts in this topic

How will this be taken in Boston, after some of the fans made racist remarks at Joel Ward.

Good prospect to come up behind rask. Bostons just full of idiots. They will like him if he plays good hockey for them.

Subban will be a great goalie

Guess the fans will just have to grow up and learn to be better human beings

a couple twitter comments does not represent 18,000 plus fans in a building

I'm sure most of them are happy with it, as for the racist a-holes who cares what they think.

"I'm the hiphopopotamus and my rhymes are bottomless..."

"...."

"...."

TOML

"This thread has me speechless."

How will this be taken in Boston, after some of the fans made racist remarks at Joel Ward.

They get to slap rubber bullets at him all day as hard as they can, he'll fit in just fine.

The comments the Bruins fans made were more butthurt over Ward scoring than anything. Not saying racism had nothing to do with it, because obviously it did. But if it were a black player on the Bruins scoring that game winner they would have been overjoyed.

They might be more pissed that he's PK's brother. Somewhere there's guy in Boston with a "Subban Sucks" custom jersey frantically searching for his receipt.

Ironically, Willee O'Ree, the very first black player to play in the NHL, debuted with the Boston Bruins in 1957-58. The Bruins made history and broke racial barriers by dressing O'Ree for two games.

The individuals who made such comments regarding Joel Ward do not represent Bruins fan as a whole; I am certain fans of the team are ecstatic to have another young prospect join the organization.

Guess they'll have to grow up. We all bleed red.

to those saying boston is full of idiots...by that logic, Vancouver is filled with those who riot and destroy Downtown businesses.

x amount of people do not represent the entire city

I think I called it a long time ago when news broke that Tim the Tool, Man. was taking a year off, my guess then, after the No Obama incident was that Boston was planning on drafting Malcom Subban. Coincidence? maybe. But "trade me or I won't play" is pretty convenient.

a couple twitter comments does not represent 18,000 plus fans in a building

The "fans" who made the racist remarks are probably just as much of fans as the "fans" who rioted last year.

As hard as it is to say, a bunch of a$$holes on Twitter do not represent the majority of the Boston population.

If Bruins fans can't accept a player because of skin colour, then they are not hockey fans.