The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks draft Brendan Gaunce at 26th Overall

Southpop45

What about this season and the season before? Frankly we give Mason Raymond every chance to succeed and hes failed. Sorry but less than 15 goals with the amount of minutes hes playing isn't good enough. The guy is absolute garbage. Zack Kassian can't sprout his wings unless we give him a chance too.

Remember the playoffs ..when Raymond gave a real effort on backchecking Anze Kopitar I think it was game 2, which Kopitar scored...guess what? Raymond was back on the ice again right after. Intermission, Bowness said AV put Raymond in to see if he can have a bounce back shift....Do you think Hodgson or Kassian would be afforded that chance? NO.

Thats why AV is a horrible coach. 2 presidents trophies ? big deal..nobody cares about how many of those we win. Ron Wilson has a few of those nobody gives a rats a$$

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

how is Gaunce's foot speed? Can he improve this?

I know you don't have to have great foot speed to succeed in the NHL (i.e. Sedins), but Henrik and Daniel are exceptional players. Gaunce isn't the fastest player, is it possible for him to improve his footspeed so that he becomes better at this?

I know you don't have to have great foot speed to succeed in the NHL (i.e. Sedins), but Henrik and Daniel are exceptional players. Gaunce isn't the fastest player, is it possible for him to improve his footspeed so that he becomes better at this?

Do any pro-Raymond fans have a counter for this? Or even pro-AV fans? How in the hell does Raymond get sooooo many chances even though he hasn't flashed much promise other than a perimeter 25 goal ceiling player, but Shirokov scores a goal in his first game and gets sent down to the AHL immediately. Mind boggling.

Archived