The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Laurence Gilman's Speech

VoiceOfReason_

Come on, we got a geography lesson (whichever county it was he thanked for their hospitality,) a history lesson (who knew it was the Kings first cup?) and more specifically, a Canucks history lesson.

Too bad he couldn't find a synonym for hospitality, nor any other presenter for that matter.

During the interview it looked like Gaunce had an apostrophe in front of the 12 on his sleeve

Yeah I noticed that too. I don't recall an apostrophe on any of the other teams' jerseys so perhaps it was just the Canucks who decided to do that out of respect for Stan Smyl. Guess they'll be doing the same for #16 and #19 also.

Nice gesture by Gillman. Stan has been a huge part of the organization for decades. If they wanted to do this to say thank you, i think it's great.

It was the right thing to do and say, particularly with Smyl standing there, still an active part of the organization. If people have a problem with taking 10 seconds to honour one of the cornerstones of the Canucks franchise, they just don't get it, and obviously don't have much of an idea of who he is and was.

Archived