Samk

Vancouver Canucks Second round pick - 57th overall

Position: RW

Birthdate: May 22, 1992

Height: 6' 1"

Weight: 172lbs

banner11.jpg

BkTAQ.jpg

The Canucks selected 6-foot-1, 195-pound center Alexandre Mallet with their second-round pick (57th overall).

Mallet had gone undrafted the previous two years but had a breakout offensive season for Rimouski of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. He went from 19 points (10-9-19) two years ago to 34-47-81 last season and 132 PIMs.

He’s been called a tough and gritty forward, who’s not afraid to drop the gloves, and with a style similar to Detroit’s Tomas Holmstrom.

Mallet projects as a third liner who is good at both ends of the rink.

- The Province

Meh it's ok, I was hoping we would take Damon Severson. You can't go wrong with a Kelowna rocket Defenceman (others: Weber, Keith, Myers, Schenn), and it was said that he could go in the 1st/2nd round, so Canucks getting him then would've been a steal. I thought we had to get more defensive prospects then anything. I wasn't happy with MG this draft

Meh it's ok, I was hoping we would take Damon Severson. You can't go wrong with a Kelowna rocket Defenceman (others: Weber, Keith, Myers, Schenn), and it was said that he could go in the 1st/2nd round, so Canucks getting him then would've been a steal. I thought we had to get more defensive prospects then anything. I wasn't happy with MG this draft

we already have good defensive prospects like tanev sauve connaunton labate and some others.the only good forward prospects we have are jensen and kassian the rest suck until nowsince we got gaunce and mallot

we already have good defensive prospects like tanev sauve connaunton labate and some others.the only good forward prospects we have are jensen and kassian the rest suck until nowsince we got gaunce and mallot

Schroeder, Rodin and Labate say high.

Mallet seems like a likeable guy from his interview... He looked so damn shocked lol... I think he was more shocked than any of us here... I can't wait to see him punch someone while he is wearing a Canucks jersey.

he will never wear a nucks jersey

Guest Dasein

September prospect tournament roster:

Jensen - Schroeder - Grenier

Mallet - Gaunce - Labate

Rodin - Friesen - Myron

Anthony - Beattie - Archibald

Connauton - Sauve

Hutton - Corrado

McNally -Polasek

Cannata

Honzik

Looks solid. Maybe this year we can take Edmonton.

The five bolded players will attend a US college program so they will not be attending prospects tournament or training camp. Also, Grenier is in Austria, so not sure if he'll be attending.

Sweatt - Schroeder - Jensen

Mallet - Gaunce - Rodin

Archibald - Friesen - Anthony

Rai - Schneider - Tochkin (or FAs or Camp Invites - anywhere on this line)

Connauton - Corrado

Sauve - Polasek

Andersson - FAs or Camp Invite

Cannata

Honzik

FAs or Camp Invite

That's what I think our lineup will look like. We can definitely take Edmonton on this year IMO - our center depth is finally looking decent with Schroeder, Gaunce and Friesen down the middle.

Also, I wonder if Kassian will attend - probably not - same with Tanev. And what is the eligibility for playing in this tournament? Schroeder and Sweatt have played in a couple now, I think ...

I believe our college players can attend if they pay their own way, I remember that was the case with Pat White a few years back. They can't accept payment or room/board, it will void their scholarship.

Ya, you're right, i'm not sure if some of our AHL experienced players will be allowed to attend... So we might have a thin camp.

Labate...now that's a laugh

And Rodin will be lucky to make the NHL

I believe Labate is a pretty good find in the 4th round. He had a good 1st year at university of Wisconsin. Wouldn't be surprised if he's playing wjc hockey for USA this year

Archived