The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks draft LW Wesley Myron 177th Overall

NuxFan09

Bet you hes pretty stoked to be picked by the Canucks. I think people overlook the added motivation to succeed when drafted by a local team. Big reason I have been unhappy with the lack of WHL/BCHL draft picks the last few years. Not that I don't like a lot of our prospects.

This is what I'm hoping for too. Draft at least one goalie every draft is a good strategy. I like the goaltending depth this organization has and I want that to continue.

Bet you hes pretty stoked to be picked by the Canucks. I think people overlook the added motivation to succeed when drafted by a local team. Big reason I have been unhappy with the lack of WHL/BCHL draft picks the last few years. Not that I don't like a lot of our prospects.

Very smart pick by Gillis. Kid has talent and will be entering a very solid hockey school in BU. There are many NCAA alums who started out in the BCHL, it's good to have a league this close to home where we can have a good look at who the up and comers are.

The "overager" argument is utterly baseless. This kid (and other NCAA players) will be in school for the next four years, who cares if he is an overager or not. By the time he graduates, his development should be complete to go pro and we can evaluate him then.

Archived